KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KDANS SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW OFFICIAL KM.COM BREAKDOWN!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonGabbana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Junimix pale wi la Laughing Laughing Laughing M,ap tounen ak 2 gouden'm nan review sa Razz

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
If KDANS is not up after this one....I really don't know what to say".

Guys TET FRET...

KDANS never had a studio CD problem. KDANS produced way better CDs than that. The only thing this CD does for KDANS is sputting them back on the HMI map.

When "KI LANG OU PALE" (Smash hit CD)took the streets people used to say the same thing. Those same fans never followed KDANS.

I hope the bals Producers, the fans, KDANS management have a different approach toward the band now.

KDANS should not take anything for granted for the competition in the HMI is getting fiercer than ever before. TRAVAY LA FEK KOMANSE.. Rolling Eyes

Good CDs were not KDANS problem, US the fans were the BIG guilty party. NOU pat jan'm rinmin apprecie sa ki bon....

Apres 2 ou 3 mois ou pral wer bands ki pa gin pi bon CD ke KDANS ap gin plis GIGs e plis moun deyer yo.

This is the HMI....

Until the mentality does not change, chak anne nap toujou di minm bagay la:
Quote:
If KDANS is not up after this one.....

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Kremas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Easy fit

Although the review does justice to some of the song on the cd, I somehow feel like it does not praise the CD as whole the way it should have. Unlike most of the CD with potential hit that will only be discovered live, this CD hits are just hits at first sight.
Kdans has always been the only or the best bands at addressing subject that are foreign to other musician in the HMI. As this CD prooves, you can rest assure that there will be little of retounen, ou ALE, pou kisa, ou kitem or some of the themes that all the other bands have beating to death in a Kdans CD. L'amoun pa dwe koupab and Champet, pour ne citer que ces deux, shall testify on their behalf.
In this Cd, the band manages to stay true to the original Kdans while staying current with up tempo " kompa cho" trend sets by Djakout and other. They made good use of their top guns without boring the audience to death. I'm convinced that Didi or alfredito could have added a killer solo on every track on the CD. However, unlike some other bands, they judiciously used their top guns solo.

Music for all the ages, music for all taste, that is what I call a hit album.

Undisputably one of the best albums of its 2006 released class. I think only Viktwa " kreyol la" can rightfully challenge this claim.

belfam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After the R&G cd that one did it for me for sure. All the songs are favorite of mine but the one i like the most are lanmou aveg and sister The double Ds did an awsome job in this one. This one has the full package. Great job Kdans.

zipgenel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

another pwoblem kdans always had, is that people use to complain they don't really feel the way the band play live... now after droping such a great cd, I wanna go to one of their bal and see what the new members brought to the table... if kdans have a new way to approach live shows

realbizmusique

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: KDANS SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW OFFICIAL KM.COM BREAKDOWN! Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Please READ the whole review before making up your mind on what is being said on the review. THANKS.

1) PRELUDE MESI: Nice intro with a great message. It has an R&B choir feel to it that MAC D shines beautifully on. It is NOT a full song by the way.

2) MALATCHONG: Very straight to the point funky Compas direct track that sounds much much better than when it was originally released with Jude Jean. Being that it had already been released, even though this track is with a new singer, it should NOT have been the first song on the cd. Other songs on there could have served better as opening track.

3) LAMITIE TWO PITI: KDANS reminds us that they still have the formula for Compas love. When listening to this tune, I can still picture Jude Jean singing it for some reason. Having said that, MAC D. delivers and gives the song "HIS" identity. GOOD SONG, but NOT the best compas love ballad on the cd. That means it has a PLACEMENT ISSUE. The best ballad should have been here, not this track...even though it is a good song.

4) SUPERSTAR: Nice message to hmi artists in the song. BEL GROOVE at the 2:19 mark. A very danceable and catchy number. It will or should be one of the most popular songs on the cd, if not "THE" most popular one. Made for radio.

5) AFTER PARTY: I love the intro to the song. It is a nice mid-tempo track to groove to. The group actually shows that they are "down" or hip to what appeals to today's youngsters. This track makes KDANS look VERY YOUNG & HIP. Extremely good move in order to connect with the teenagers and younger adults. It will attract a younger demographic. One of the most popular songs on the cd is my prediction, and one that the band should push heavily. If I were the management team, THIS SONG WOULD BE THE FIRST MUSIC VIDEO...or if there is only 1 video to be made from the cd, this would have to be it.

6) SA PA GADE KOMPA: Nice groove track that radio will absolutly love. KING D's rap about Nemours and Sicot steals the song. It fits very nicely on there. While the GROOVE is easy to fall in love with, it lacks that catchy hook/melody that stays in people's brains. Li manke a memorable hook...and that's very important for a song to be popular.

7) LANMOU DWE KOUPAB: Best ballad/Compas love song on the cd. Catchy melody/chorus that you will remember. Nice "Voye ale" solo keyboard at the 2:15 mark by Alfred Lataillade that gets repeated a couple of times in the song. Very good move on that. Another song that KDANS should push heavily. Should have been the first compas love track on the cd at he number three spot. Hit potential factor on this song is very high.

8) CHANPET: KING D's lead on this track is surprisngly good. He does have a decent voice. He sings the tune with MAC D. Another thing that stands out on this track are the HORNS. The horns are very very good on this tune. It is a SOLID SONG that might get lost on the cd. Nice ANIMATION/FESTIVAL type of tune that radio will love as well.

9) LANMOU AVEG: After hearing Jude Jean's original version, it was a bit hard to listen to this version. Don't get me wrong. Mac D does a good job on this song, but unfortunately, he lacks the "soul" that Jude provided on this track when it was released just before his departure from Kdans. This would have been the best ballad on the cd...HAD WE NOT HEARD JUDE JEAN's version. It is still a good song.

10) MUSIC EST MA VIE: I love the groove, beat, message, voice ...a lot of things about that song. One of the best on the cd. It is also one of MAC D's best vocal performances on the cd vocally.

11) SORRY SISTER: This song has a great message, but on a strong cd like this one, it will appear as a filler song. Lap paret tankou yon mizik yo met la pou complete cd an. Kdans should have saved this track for another cd, or perhaps for the upcoming Live.

PROS: The cd is TOP NOTCH. KDANS passed the test with flying colors. Yo releve defi a. The production/studio work is TOP OF THE CLASS. The mixing is the best of all the cds released on the market recently.

*MAC D is the next hmi star if he is not already. This cd will do a lot for his career and his name. KDANS should hold on to this guy as TIGHT AS POSSIBLE. DIDI Santana is at the top of his game on this cd.

CONS: As much as this cd has a lot of good songs and GROOVES, it lacks a bit in the CATCHY MELODY/CHORUS department. We all know how important that is in order for songs to become popular.

ALL IN ALL....KDANS did an excellent job with this cd. YO BACK IN BUSINESS....YO RELEVE DEFI A...So now it's up to MANAGEMENT TO DO SOMETHING about this product ke jazz la lage nan min nou.

If KDANS is not up after this one....I really don't know what to say.

GOOD JOB KDANS.

KM!

AMEN! Men Kaner Djazz la papa!!! Razz

DJ REY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very good and fair review perhaps you have save the best for last Laughing . You have dissected the tracks and give a very well constructive approach when you went into the details.
Your suggestion for the video about the " After Party" song is correct and I will add "Music se vim" when you think of a concept where a musician is telling is wife that is going to a rehearsal and end up some place else.Perhaps he will get caught at the end but for the youngters I will definitely push the previous one.
One thing we might desagree one is this:

Quote:
11) SORRY SISTER: This song has a great message, but on a strong cd like this one, it will appear as a filler song. Lap paret tankou yon mizik yo met la pou complete cd an. Kdans should have saved this track for another cd, or perhaps for the upcoming Live.

For me besides the story or the message one can discover King D as a true singer not only a Hype man or a background vocalist. this song will rock live.

Something particular about this album: EVERYONE SHINE. It's a fact people were focusing on Mac D's vocal ability but every single musician did their part perfectly from Ricky, Romane, Dario, Gregory to Alfred, Roosely and DD every single one of them played at almost equal value.

Thanks again.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon Dj Rey koté Mac D dat sa Very Happy ???

zigzag

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was skeptical about K-dans’s future due to Jude Jean departure, but after listening to this CD over and over it seems that Jude departure has very little impact on the band. K-Dans, a band that I like since their first CD “Nap chill”, I stopped buying their CD after “Ki lang ou pale” until they release Easy Fit. To me it is one of the best CD on the market right now. If the CD is promoted right K-Dans will be in very high demand.

lepierre

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bel ti review. Mwen komanse abitie ak ti nouvo chante a. Li pa mal ditou.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: