KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ZENGLEN REGINALD CANGE RETURN MIAMI BAL PICTURES/REVIEW!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> PARTY PICTURES/PHOTO GALLERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: ZENGLEN REGINALD CANGE RETURN MIAMI BAL PICTURES/REVIEW! Reply with quote Back to top

ZENGLEN PA GIN PWOBLEM JWE LIVE......
ZENGLEN PA GIN PWOBLEM CHANTEURS
ZENGLEN PA GIN PWOBLEM COMPAS
KOMPA MAGAZINE SIYIN DEYE'L!

I got the opportunity to check out ZENGLEN's party with the return of REGINALD CANGE to the group last night in Miami. Although in terms of bal numbers it was not what the group was hoping for, but in terms of showing to the people that made the trip, their point was proven that LIVE....there is a future after Richie.

First and foremost, I have to say that in all the times that I went to see ZENGLEN when Reginald Cange was in the band, I have never seen him so active on stage. He was moving and enjoying himself up there, as if he had something to prove in this second go around with the group.

*THE 3 SINGER FORMAT "WORKS" BIG TIME in this ZENGLEN outfit...so I am going to BEG, PLEAD, DEMAND that BRUTUS, ARCHILL and ZENGLEN keep the 3 singer format of Kenny, Reginald, and Hollywood. IT WORKS. The chemistry between the 3 up there was AMAZING. They were entertaining the crowd, joking, and dropping some mad vocal skills up in the place. GIN PLACE POU TOUS LES 3 SOU STAGE LA. YO BON ANSANM. THEY COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER WELL. What actually makes it work also is they don't give you the chance to get bored because you are looking at all 3 singers to see what they are doing. There were a couple of times during the party when during a song, either Reginald or Kenny would take a stage break for about half a song, and then return to add some spice to that same song towards the last half of the song. GOOD STUFF. BON BAGAY NET!

*THE 3 NEW RECRUITS: TI SIWO on the guitar, LACOMBE on the keyboards, and the new drummer whose name I can't recall, are well tuned to the Zenglen live compas machine. People might call TI SIWO "TI POZO" (Not a bad compliment actually), but I can also see that he has his own thing going up there as well on the guitar. He seemed to be a little shy to come to the front of the stage to display his talent at times, so Kenny, Reginald, and Hollywood (who were praising him all night), had to sometimes DEMAND that he come up and show the people what he has. The drummer is very talented as well, and seems very comfortable holding the position held by a future HMI legend Richie. As for Lacombe, he just needs to create a ZENGLEN identity for himself, and the only way this talented individual will do that is with NEW MUSIC.

*HOLLYWOOD: The people that are saying that Hollywood pa gin plas li nan jazz la....YO FE FOT. The guy clearly has talent, and the scary thing is he will get better. He is a future star on the rise in the HMI, and in about5 years could be one of the leading stars in the HMI front man circuit.

*THE NICKENSON PRUDHOMME ZENGLEN LOVE AFFAIR: Fanatik ZENGLEN still love NICKENSON PRUDHOMME and last night was another example of how much. When Nicky got on the keyboards, it just felt "right". He also put on his "DWET CELESTE" SWAGGER attitude as jammed with his old friends. Nickenson also took it up a notch when he performed ZANMI and invited a couple of girls close to the stage for him to sing to. YO PRAN EROTICALLY YOURS tou...but LI KOURI. Laughing afraid of the spotlight. Nickenson also sang part of one of his Zenglen classics "SE VERITE".

*THE LIGHTING: Whoever was in charge of the lighting on the stage last night almost messed up the entire evening for those of us that wanted to get VIDEO. The person just wanted to keep the stage DARK, and from time to time PLAY WITH THE subtle LIGHTS like a kid who had just gotten a new Christmas toy. There were spots on the stag, especially guitarist TI SIWO that needed to have the bright lights on there...but this LIGHTING GUY dropped the ball big time. I had to complain to ARCHILL for him to get the message across to the guy TWICE...that the BRIGHT LIGHTS needed to be on in order for the media to film.

*FAVORITE MOMENTS
1) REGINALD CANGE reception for the Lionel Richie song "HELLO". The crowd gave that extra in cheering on the artist and the band. KENNYWAY and REGINALD going note for note on that song was also great to see. (Video coming up)

2) NICOLINA leaving where she was standing on the other side of the stage to come stand next to Nickenson for most of the time that he was there performing with the band. The sight of a loving sister who could not control herself upon seeing a brother she had probably not seen in a long time. Acting or genuine....it was good seeing that.

3) TI SIWO after finally being pulled to the middle of the stage by the singers, kneeling front and center on the stage with a couple of the musicians standing closely behind him, getting pelted by dollar bills being thrown at him by approving fans. SA TE BEL ANPIL.

*HMI PERSONALITIES that we saw: Carimi manager FITO FARINEN, Gabel vocalist KATALOG, Tempo vocalist BERTO, Former Zenglen management HERVE BASTIEN, Disip's TI HARRY, former 509 keyboardist TI HAROLD, Maxisound's ALIX TIMMER. If I saw some others, I probably forgot. Sorry.

All in all, I had a great time last night. ZENGLEN PA GIN PWOBLEM "LIVE" from what I saw last night.

PS: VIDEOS are coming up on another thread.....

Here are some pictures below.

KM!

kelly2k08

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very Nice review Km, ou fem preske tounen a believer tou. but i want to take a zenglen live poum bay seal pam lan.

From the pics i hope toules 3 chanteurs abiye next time, ti kenny bien paret epi lot 2 neg yo gate bagay la . but apre sa it looks like it was a great party

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PAT thanks for the review brother, lem pale yo panse se propagand map fe pou jazz mwen, the drummer kenny ceant is awesome, and remind you sometimes as if richie was playing with his breaks.
i am happy the trio format actually start paying off, too bad i couldn't make it, but i will catch them in a few weeks amba pye bwa fort laudrdale la.
EY min stage kouri Arrow Laughing
l'orchestre ZENGLEN toujou alez
Cool
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great review KM.. I co-sign all the way around and around and around and around.. Laughing except for one part.. mwen pat kouri non.. a lil hesitant as I enjoy watching him do his thing from the sideline.. but peer pressure.. I did give in for a few.. gimme some credit here.. Laughing

Zenglen Zenglen Zenglen... hmph.. se gro koze wi laaa! I am soo excited about this new format. I had to see this with my own two eyes before I shot down the idea of having 3 persons front & center but it absolutely worked. My goodness gracious.. they each have their own stage personalities. The thought would assume they would clash but not at all. They blended so perfectly.. They all bring something so interesting to the Zenglen stage and they all back up each other in all stage entertainment aspects. I truly truly hope these three can hold it together and build a solid relationship to continue to make this work for them & Zenglen. Respect each other's Mic and all would be great in the name of Konpa!

I'm typing this with the achiness of my body. Telman mwen danse yereswa. Ive been absent from the HMI live scene for a few months, but I knew that this Reginald comeback with the guest of Nickenson was something I could not miss.. The blast from the past that I missed so much with a lil twist of the newbies was something that I didn't want to take for granted. I was introduced to Zenglen 7-8 years ago with Reginald front center & Nicky on keys. I fell in love. So having an "for old times sake" moment, I couldn't miss it. The attendance was indeed low but who cares! Mwen pa vin na bal pou'm we moun so I was in my glory last night as the attendance had no affect on the way Zenglen delivered last night. Extraordinary is the word to describe the band last night. My konpa soul was filled to its peak.. I didn't want the night to end, but my body & alcohol system stated otherwise Laughing Laughing

Nicholina.. Watching her last night made me so happy that she did not jump ship. Zenglen is Nicholina. Nicholina is Zenglen. Epi thats it. The way she made love to her saxophone & flute last night was breathtaking. Love that woman.. Smile

TiSiwo Awwww lil shy thing he was.. His confident heightened throughout the evening though.. He'll be alright.. Brutus knew what he was doing when he found him.. I gotchu B! Wink

Anyway I look forward to getting more familiar with Hollywood on stage. It was my first time seeing him live... and I can definitely see the potential in him within the band.. I hope that he takes this opportunity serious & dont (bleep) it up. He can learn and grow with his two side stage mates & set a "good" name for himself without the BS..

All in all.. Reginald & Kenny & Hollywood: The Stage is Yours.. Share It.. Own Your Mic... Best wishes fellas!

Side Note.. I forgot all about Richie last night. He wasn't even a second thought with all due respect. Thats a great thing for Zenglen. Drummer is holding his own.. Zenglen will be just fine... Very Happy

PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked OH.. Mwen gen kek tan mwen pa fe review.. Excuse the length of it. My fingers wouldn't stop.. Laughing Im just beyond satisfied & definitely wanted it to be known.. esp for those who doubted the new format of the band.. such as myself. Catch them live for yourself & I'm sure you'll be satisfied to.

My name is Erotically Yours also known as a MusiQFeen.. and I approve this message & this band.. Thank You! Laughing Laughing hehe!

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To the people who may think that 3 singers in front of a band is a problem...need to remember that in a Kassav show, they wait to enjoy the voices of Jacob -Jocelyne -Jean Philippe (and Patrick when he was alive)...so banm tèt mwen...and get with the program.I rather enjoy many great voices at a show than just one...epi nou guen jazz ki guen chanteur ke nou finn pa aksepte kom lead chanteur....mwen se pa chanteur vre non...
Once again, this is not new....Bossa Combo used to have 3 singers Jean Claude Dorsainvil, Raymond Cajuste, Fritz Coq....Accolade de New York also used to have Jean Claude Dorsainvil, Pierrolt Volcy, Fritz Coq. D.P Express even at the time of Ti Manno had 3 singers with Manno, Lesly Dauphin and Alvarez just check out the cover of the album DAVID and you should see all 3. The other 2 will shine much better after the departure of Manno. Today one of the most popular Haitian band Tropicana has more than 3 singers.

BonKompa29

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice review Pat, i feel like i was there after reading this....nou gen 3 bon talents kanpe devan yon djazz koman poul pata bon an?...I wanna say this to the tripple threat: work together, respect one another, and be professional and discipline and ya'll will take over this HMI, i strongly believe you guys will take over the business soon...To Pe Brut: you have said that " you cant garantee us that the 3 singers will remain, well i'm telling you this and it's not just from me it's from many people, "DO NOT touch the tripple threat please" kite djazz la jan'w wel la sil vous plais... To Kenny and Regi: Hollywood nan min nou ti mesye, travay ave'l pasker li se future nou, en general kinbe la Zenglen pa moli pasker nou rinmin sakapfet la et sak pral fet yo...AND MY NAME IS ZENGLEN" ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLWAYZZZZ!

Natif-natal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice review,Nicky Nicola sonje w brother vin nan jazz ou,se la yo ba w tout respè,Zenglen bongayyyyyy

lovingyou

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MWEN TA RENMEN KONNEN KI PWOBLEM FANATIK ZENGLEN YO . SA DEKOURAJAN ANPIL...YON PWOGRAM BYEN PWOMOTE NAN DADE,BROWARD,WEST PALM BEACH....GRAND PREMIERE OF REGINALD CANGE MALGRE SA YO PA PWESATE ...SHAME ON YOU BANN FO FANATIK

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> PARTY PICTURES/PHOTO GALLERY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: