KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

KDANS SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW OFFICIAL KM.COM BREAKDOWN!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: KDANS SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW OFFICIAL KM.COM BREAKDOWN! Reply with quote Back to top

Please READ the whole review before making up your mind on what is being said on the review. THANKS.

1) PRELUDE MESI: Nice intro with a great message. It has an R&B choir feel to it that MAC D shines beautifully on. It is NOT a full song by the way.

2) MALATCHONG: Very straight to the point funky Compas direct track that sounds much much better than when it was originally released with Jude Jean. Being that it had already been released, even though this track is with a new singer, it should NOT have been the first song on the cd. Other songs on there could have served better as opening track.

3) LAMITIE TWO PITI: KDANS reminds us that they still have the formula for Compas love. When listening to this tune, I can still picture Jude Jean singing it for some reason. Having said that, MAC D. delivers and gives the song "HIS" identity. GOOD SONG, but NOT the best compas love ballad on the cd. That means it has a PLACEMENT ISSUE. The best ballad should have been here, not this track...even though it is a good song.

4) SUPERSTAR: Nice message to hmi artists in the song. BEL GROOVE at the 2:19 mark. A very danceable and catchy number. It will or should be one of the most popular songs on the cd, if not "THE" most popular one. Made for radio.

5) AFTER PARTY: I love the intro to the song. It is a nice mid-tempo track to groove to. The group actually shows that they are "down" or hip to what appeals to today's youngsters. This track makes KDANS look VERY YOUNG & HIP. Extremely good move in order to connect with the teenagers and younger adults. It will attract a younger demographic. One of the most popular songs on the cd is my prediction, and one that the band should push heavily. If I were the management team, THIS SONG WOULD BE THE FIRST MUSIC VIDEO...or if there is only 1 video to be made from the cd, this would have to be it.

6) SA PA GADE KOMPA: Nice groove track that radio will absolutly love. KING D's rap about Nemours and Sicot steals the song. It fits very nicely on there. While the GROOVE is easy to fall in love with, it lacks that catchy hook/melody that stays in people's brains. Li manke a memorable hook...and that's very important for a song to be popular.

7) LANMOU DWE KOUPAB: Best ballad/Compas love song on the cd. Catchy melody/chorus that you will remember. Nice "Voye ale" solo keyboard at the 2:15 mark by Alfred Lataillade that gets repeated a couple of times in the song. Very good move on that. Another song that KDANS should push heavily. Should have been the first compas love track on the cd at he number three spot. Hit potential factor on this song is very high.

8) CHANPET: KING D's lead on this track is surprisngly good. He does have a decent voice. He sings the tune with MAC D. Another thing that stands out on this track are the HORNS. The horns are very very good on this tune. It is a SOLID SONG that might get lost on the cd. Nice ANIMATION/FESTIVAL type of tune that radio will love as well.

9) LANMOU AVEG: After hearing Jude Jean's original version, it was a bit hard to listen to this version. Don't get me wrong. Mac D does a good job on this song, but unfortunately, he lacks the "soul" that Jude provided on this track when it was released just before his departure from Kdans. This would have been the best ballad on the cd...HAD WE NOT HEARD JUDE JEAN's version. It is still a good song.

10) MUSIC EST MA VIE: I love the groove, beat, message, voice ...a lot of things about that song. One of the best on the cd. It is also one of MAC D's best vocal performances on the cd vocally.

11) SORRY SISTER: This song has a great message, but on a strong cd like this one, it will appear as a filler song. Lap paret tankou yon mizik yo met la pou complete cd an. Kdans should have saved this track for another cd, or perhaps for the upcoming Live.

PROS: The cd is TOP NOTCH. KDANS passed the test with flying colors. Yo releve defi a. The production/studio work is TOP OF THE CLASS. The mixing is the best of all the cds released on the market recently.

*MAC D is the next hmi star if he is not already. This cd will do a lot for his career and his name. KDANS should hold on to this guy as TIGHT AS POSSIBLE. DIDI Santana is at the top of his game on this cd.

CONS: As much as this cd has a lot of good songs and GROOVES, it lacks a bit in the CATCHY MELODY/CHORUS department. We all know how important that is in order for songs to become popular.

ALL IN ALL....KDANS did an excellent job with this cd. YO BACK IN BUSINESS....YO RELEVE DEFI A...So now it's up to MANAGEMENT TO DO SOMETHING about this product ke jazz la lage nan min nou.

If KDANS is not up after this one....I really don't know what to say.

GOOD JOB KDANS.

KM!

TOTOVICE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very good review Pat. I am really feeling that Kdans Cd. They did and excellent job. The only bad thing i can think of is that the CD does not have a hit on it... Beautiful songs, but not hit songs.. Like you stated it lacks in the catchy melody /chorus dept. Good job Kdans.

TOTOVICE
MASS KONPA " BEL JAZZ "

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very good review Pat. Mac D is very talented and he did such a good work on the songs. King D is better now. Laughing

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

FUNKY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice reveiw PAt...im feeeling that cd also..and Macd..hmmm no djole to talk...

Quote:
*MAC D is the next hmi star if he is not already. This cd will do a lot for his career and his name. KDANS should hold on to this guy as TIGHT AS POSSIBLE. DIDI Santana is at the top of his game on this cd.

Ou met di sa foooo...MacD..MacD..MacD..hmmmm Embarassed

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat, i miss jj voice in the cd big times. Once can feel it. The singer has tried hard to emulate jj.
Overall, it is not a bad cd, but not a great one. Kdans had better cds than that.
also, what i have noticed, it looks like everybody is getting some djakout these days. Moin pa konpran anyin moin minm. Se you nan pwoblem moin gin ak cd sa. The kdans i used to listen to, taht is not it.

RICKY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I totally agree with your opinion about "lanmou aveg", maybe its because i've heard the song many times with JJ which i like very much.

zipgenel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well pat.. the only thing that bother you about this LP, is the placement of the songs... which I agree...

however there's no hit on this cd you know why..THE ALBUM ITSELF IS A HIT

that's what happened when your product is too good... it eclipses itself.. people don't know what to do...

That's why the smart producer they give you 4-5 great songs.. one respectively superior to each other... richie/gracia for example... you can choose a song from that cd to identify it.. to carry it through..
a lot of those kdans songs could be the major hit on any other cd..

but for fans like me i dont mind.. by tomorrow I will memorized all the songs...

Sanrick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like that Cd a lot.

Nice review Pat!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those of you who want to listen to KDANS can do so on the KM JUKEBOX if you don't have the cd....or if you CAN'T listen to your mp3 player at work.

JUST CLICK & PLAY on KM RADIO JUKEBOX

We have 5 songs from the cd on there.

Here is the link below
http://www.kompamagazineradio.com

junimix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

very good review pat " If KDANS is not up after this one....I really don't know what to say". and i'm totally agree

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: