KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Kanaval in les cayes this year

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rj production

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Kanaval in les cayes this year Reply with quote Back to top

Thursday, 05 January 2012 01:26

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (defend.ht) – The Carnival of Haiti will be held in Les Cayes, Haiti's third largest city, rather than the capital city, from February 19 to 21 2012.

This is the first time in the history of this event usually held in the capital city.

For the first time in the history of Haiti, grand carnival usually held in Port-au-Prince will take place in another city. The public announcement to implement the National Carnival in Les Cayes was made by the Head of State and the decision would be officially confirmed, press agency Haiti Press Network reported.

To this end, officials said, the first meeting was held there on December 30, 2011, whose objective was to discuss the realization of this decision taken by the President of the Republic, Joseph Michel Martelly.

Participants at the meeting say they believe that the national carnival has great economic, cultural and political. As a result, they suggested, only the active participation of all sectors and local civil society can facilitate the acquisition and implementation of the festivities.

The pre-carnival time, starting on Sunday January 12, will mark the second anniversary of the devastating earthquake.

Rj production

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haiti - Culture: the Mayor of les Cayes prepares to meet the challenge of the National Carnival 2012

Pierre Yvon Chery, Mayor of the city of Les Cayes, chosen by President Michel Martelly for organizing the National Carnival 2012 to be held from February 19 to 21, 2012, explains how the city is preparing to meet this important challenge.

"...we sent a letter to the President of the Republic, to thank him for having made the choice, of the city of Les Cayes to organize the Carnival 2012, as part of the decentralization. We would like to inform everyone that we know this is not something that is easy. This is the first time that a National Carnival will take place in a provincial town [...]

the city of Les Cayes, which gave the impetus so that Mr. Martelly become President of the Republic, will give all it can to enable it to organize the carnival. A set of challenges await us, we did not know that the Carnival would be done here and we do not have much time before us. But we know that we have all assets in the Southern Department and it is on these assets that we will rely so that the carnival can be achieved successfully.

For the Carnival takes place, it is necessary to have an appropriate space, we are a city that has a series of streets that are very flat, and offer plenty of space that can afford to host the Carnival. We have already experimented with the Rara festival in Les Cayes, [...] Then we also have things to show people that never came to Cayes [...]

I think that in the Carnival 2012, we will marry the Carnival with the sea, which means that people will come for Carnival, but at the same time we do a little festival of Gelée beside. We will try to do everything possible, so that visitors who come to Carnival, can alternate these festive days between Carnival and sea bathing. This will also be the opportunity to show them the tourism potential of the Southern Department in tourism, such as Marie-Jeanne Caves [...]

One thing very important and we want to say publicly is that we do not have the possibility to house all the visitors in hotels, we will use all hotels from Aquin to Tiburon, but what we will also do, is to find all the homes that meet the criteria, so that visitors can be hosted directly by the people [...] it is necessary that everyone involved [...] so that the Carnival be successful, it is necessary that we have the approval and help of everyone, because everyone is concerned [...]"

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

se sal bay wi
tout depatman sud la ap beneficie,
cavaillon
laurent
aarniquet
torbeck
port salut
camp perrin
aquin
saint louis du sud
etc...
tout kote sa yo ka eberge moun
li pa oblije nan vil la selman
gelle menm, depiw gen tant ou gazz kole
yes we can Very Happy
map mande majistra ak la polis pou mete ampil kontrol sou wout yo
pou evite aksidan
moun ki pral okay yo tou pou fe ampil prudans paskeu route sud la pa jwe ak moun
too bad i can't make it
moun ki prale ka toujou tchekem wi paskeu map lwe yo kay ak map ville la
diksyone fransè tou upon request
Laughing
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

owen1055

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finally a good news out of the country.. It is time that we start doing things outside of capital.

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
se sal bay wi
cavaillon
laurent
aarniquet
torbeck
port salut
camp perrin
aquin
saint louis du sud
etc...
yes we can Very Happy
pou evite aksidan
moun ki pral okay yo tou pou fe ampil prudans paskeu route sud la pa jwe ak moun
too bad i can't make it
Laughing

I wish my mom was alive to see this. She was a proud Cavaillonaise and I can't be more happy for South. Most if not all my family is from the South (Cavaillon, Torbec (my dad's side), Cayes, Aquin) so I know my blood will be gouyeing up a storm in my absence Laughing I hope they learn from Jacmel and make it a colorful kanaval.

to Pierre Yvon Chery and his team. Very Happy

Rj production

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
se sal bay wi
cavaillon
laurent
aarniquet
torbeck
port salut
camp perrin
aquin
saint louis du sud
etc...
yes we can Very Happy
pou evite aksidan
too bad i can't make it
Laughing

map bezwen yon kay wi don ak tout ti diksyone franse a wi Laughing Laughing

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PLACE UR BID
it will go to the highest bidder Laughing
paskeu kay la direkteman sou pakou wa
ou pa menm bezwen stand, paskeu mwen konen ou pa lan zafe pran gagann se sou balkon ou gade kanaval
Laughing
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Rj production

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DONCUE_69 wrote:
PLACE UR BID
it will go to the highest bidder Laughing
paskeu kay la direkteman sou pakou wa
ou pa menm bezwen stand, paskeu mwen konen ou pa lan zafe pran gagann se sou balkon ou gade kanaval
Laughing

kom paka tounen tou de tan chef seksyon an la kay la ap nan sale Laughing Laughing

men bagay serye map bezwen yon ki gen au mwens 4 chanm patizan sevi avem

T-Kout

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i don't know but i think it would have been better/wiser if Kanaval was held in the north for ex. Cap Haitien, since the south was damaged by the earthqquake.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: