KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*CARIMI'S SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW OFFICIAL KM.COM BREAKDOWN!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gromosso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So far, "En Si Peu De Temps" is the only song that I'm feeling on the album.

JimBo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gromosso wrote:

BROTHER GO LISTEN TO THE ALBUM SOME MORE B/C IM SURE YOU WILL FING A COUPLE MORE THAT IM TELLING YOU Exclamation Exclamation Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zipgenel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JimBo wrote:
Gromosso wrote:

BROTHER GO LISTEN TO THE ALBUM SOME MORE B/C IM SURE YOU WILL FING A COUPLE MORE THAT IM TELLING YOU Exclamation Exclamation Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing

what's up with that bro... you are begging people to listen to the cd over and over again... in order word you are forcing them to fall in love with it... bro..

a great cd you don't have to listen to it twice for it to have an instant impact on you... once you used the phrase "it's growing on me" it sounds more like.. I'm settling for it...

JimBo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
JimBo wrote:
Gromosso wrote:

what's up with that bro... you are begging people to listen to the cd over and over again... in order word you are forcing them to fall in love with it... bro..

a great cd you don't have to listen to it twice for it to have an instant impact on you... once you used the phrase "it's growing on me" it sounds more like.. I'm settling for it...

zipgenel by moun tet yo no brother Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation you and i both know there are people hear that just made up there mind on the album off the back man Exclamation Exclamation you and i both know that dude loves whatever group thats down with him. you and i both know there are people hear that wont give another group what they deserve when needed.... Exclamation i know for a fact ti mosse like the album simple as that .... im not begging any1 to like the carimi album ... you will see for yourself 2007 what carimi is gonna do bubble gum style like gabbana said Exclamation Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zipgenel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JIMBO, YOU ARE SPECIAL MAN...
you are a one way thinker... if someone disagree with you on a certain point, than it becomes a war...

however am gonna tell you this..

we're the doodlebops, we're the doodlebops.. oh yeah, we had so much fun with you todayyyyyyyyyy.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

CHEWING GUM IS FOR 12 YEARS OLD
SO MWEN PA **** NAN KOMPA BUBBLE GUM NAN...

JimBo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
JIMBO, YOU ARE SPECIAL MAN...
you are a one way thinker... if someone disagree with you on a certain point, than it becomes a war...

however am gonna tell you this..

we're the doodlebops, we're the doodlebops.. oh yeah, we had so much fun with you todayyyyyyyyyy.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

CHEWING GUM IS FOR 12 YEARS OLD
SO MWEN PA **** NAN KOMPA BUBBLE GUM NAN...

i take great pride in that my friend Exclamation Exclamation Laughing Laughing Wink Wink
enjoy your holidays and the carimi album i you are Wink Wink Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

MaitreKonpa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carimi has a very good product on the market.Guys listen carefully and you will discover "l'essence" of this cd.It is one of the best new released so far.I will even place this cd in the top three.Some of these songs rock in a live setting.Djazz la red ampil avek addition gong nan ak tambou an .No diol to talk,Anmweyyyyyyyy.

Kremas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let's call a cat a cat and a dog a dog. The CD is in dire need of an extreme make over. It does not match up to the best of the 2006 released class. Ei, we must remember that the way the CD's were released, it is hard to fully review one on its own wihtout comparing it to the others. Pat did a great job keeping the review solely to the intended CD, but I know that all of us talk about the CDs in comparaison to each other.
Carimi's CD is good but did meet the expectation. Some of songs are somehow struggling to achieve their attended goal. What is supposed to be catchy fall short of its mark and what is supposed to be slow and romantic just bluntly lack romance. It feels as if some of the song were simply rushed out, and the slogan were too much from the ordinary. It makes the regular or average listener feels like I could have written this lyrics or come up with this slogan.
For instance Anwol bo, anba bo tout ko bol, is out of the average listener reach, but "couvre feu, vole rage ect" were presented in a way that is just right there.

Sanrick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The cd is not that bad, I was expecting heavier konpa but gotta understand that Carimi got their own style. En Si Peu De Temps and First time ar by far my favorite. I also like a few more which I cannot remember their names. As long as their fan base is satisfy, they should be fine.

Good job on the review Pat!

Ret Sezi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I am one of the odd ones, that CD is doing it for me big time as well. I can't stop listening to some the songs. There is a problem with the song placement on the CD however. The first 2 songs like Pat mentioned did kill it for me at first especially with the mixing. I almost stop listening to the CD after my "first time". I figured since I bought it I might give the rest of the songs a shot, boy I was surprise starting with "Pran Poz ou", I got into it and I was hooked till "En si peu de temps". Pouvwa is my favorite, I love the job Michael did the vocals and that was Glenny best performance on the CD.

The songs are very catchy, easy to remember and nice grooves. Carimi formula at its best. If you're a true Carimi fan, you won't be disappointed. For the average Carimi fan and the hitters, they would have all kind of criticism but I am not blaming them because there is some room for criticism. Carimi doesn't have the best CD out there, nonetheless they didn't lose their status as one of the top 5 HMI group either. Six months from now, everyone will be singing those tunes at festival and bal alike, you guys can quote me on that.

Two prese pa fe jou louvri...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: