KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*KREYOL LA SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW OFFICIAL KM.COM BREAKDOWN!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kremas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing the Kreyol la CD a lot. It does gives you wanting more grooves and solos. But I like the way they keep the songs short and not bore you with endless loops. The touch of ansyto senior is felt through the album. the "fanm kreyol" slogan, "awo'l bon, anba'l bon, tout ko'l bon" is a classic, catchy chorus.

Noupapemoun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is indeed a very good CD. I just don't lke the cover. Poukisa Ti Toto lwen djaz la konsa... It looks he's excluded. And hius father is right in the middle of the other musicians.

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANKS FOR THE GREAT REVIEW PAT...

QUESTION PAT...

Base on your reviews alone, is it safe to say that you think KREYOL LA has the BEST cd out there?

P.S. I have yet to listen to the cd...

le melomane

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Review of kreyol La Reply with quote Back to top

I might have gotten the wrong CD or something...Most of you make Kreyol La CD like the next best thing since slice bread....if I were to rate it , I'd give it a Very Happy Laughing out of 5... This was definetely not what I was expecting from Ti Joe....and the guys.

D K Bess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Review of kreyol La Reply with quote Back to top

le melomane wrote:
I might have gotten the wrong CD or something...Most of you make Kreyol La CD like the next best thing since slice bread....if I were to rate it , I'd give it a Very Happy Laughing out of 5... This was definetely not what I was expecting from Ti Joe....and the guys.

You should say what's wrong with you if most of us think this CD is incredible...

If you were a real MELOMANE you wouldn't say something like that.
The quality of their music and their texts is really fantastic...

BTW, Eske ou ka di-m ki CD ki gin pi bon text ke CD Kretol La.

I think you have the wrong CD if you can say that you expected more from Ti Joe. This guys did an excellent job for all the texts...

Go listen the CD carefully, my friend...

zipgenel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say the Richie/Gracia project... because songs like: suk sale, Papa, st valentin, MMS are very well written..

So that's why I grade the Richie/Gracia an A+
and Kreyol la a "B"

so far this are the best to CDs in my opinion..

Neg Timid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gen yon kalite moun k ap bay opinyon isi a ki pa konn jebede nan mizik epi men gwosè kout plim wouj yo nan men yo pou yo bay CD kanè. Pa egzanp, lè ou pran yon nèg tankou Le Melomane, w ap mande èske se pa esprè nonm nan fè pou rete pou di CD Kreyòl la pa bon, se pa sa li te espere de Ti Joe. Pou mwen, se youn nan meyè pèfòmans Ti Joe Zenny. Yon CD ki tèlman rich avèk bèl amoni e bèl tèks ladan n kon sa. Gade yon si bèl mizik kon sa Theo ekri " Sa Se Fanm Pa m nan". E se pa mòso sa a sèlman, se tout CD a ki mechan. Se premye fwa mwen rankontre ak yon "melomane" ki pa konn apresye bèl mizik.

Nèg Timid
(Ti Sheriff Trankil La)

kompared

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FAN'M KREOL, solid compas rhytmic song. KREOL LA went old school like RICHIE with this song. The arrangement remind me of the great DJET X.
It seems that old school compas will get its place back slowly...

Good Job Theo !!!!

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NEGKREYOL wrote:
THANKS FOR THE GREAT REVIEW PAT...

QUESTION PAT...

Base on your reviews alone, is it safe to say that you think KREYOL LA has the BEST cd out there?

P.S. I have yet to listen to the cd...

Uhmm, don't let the review fool you pam; it is just opinion. I'll just went over the album, it is a good album but not the best in my book and I don't care what anybody say. In my opinion, this album is not even in the top 3 albums.

kompared

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ PEPLA , besides GRACIA-RICHIE and TVICE which one would you put in the top 3 in term of quality of production?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: