Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - RALPH MENELAS SAYS GAZZMAN IS...............................
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RALPH MENELAS SAYS GAZZMAN IS...............................
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: RALPH MENELAS SAYS GAZZMAN IS............................... Reply with quote Back to top

We were talking to RALPH MENELAS, and during the talk he brought up GAZZMAN/DISIP.

RALPH MENELAS: "A lot of people are saying that the DISIP CD did NOT do anything for GAZZMAN and DISIP, but whenever I look, I see that his band is always booked. So I really don't understand the logic of what is being said about GAZZMAN/DISIP here."

KM!

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I said it before and I will say it again.

The first CD they will be okay.

The second CD is the TRUE test.

Anyway... what the hell do I know?

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I bet ke tout moun kap di ke cd ya pa bon se yon paket Jako repet..
te gen yon gwo kanpay ki fet contre CD ya..
mwen pral lague kek live disip lan mp3 section lan pou moun yo tande ak 2 zorey yo koman jazz la jwe, koman disip dous...

LouisJeanBeauge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Simple...It's not the CD that's getting Gazzman booked. Gazzman is getting Gazzman booked.

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LouisJeanBeauge wrote:
Simple...It's not the CD that's getting Gazzman booked. Gazzman is getting Gazzman booked.

But wasnt this SAID all along?

Gazzman is EXTREMELY popular.

And for some reason his popular is doubted through and through.

He is so popular that Richie wants to work with him on a CD.

There are certain singers that CANNOT get away with it or would be extremely risky, but Gazzman at this POINT in his career can get away with it and is getting away with it.

They rushed into a STUDIO and dropped "Mission". The PRODUCT seemed rushed. I guess Gazzman was tired of hearing "O wi wap jwe mizik Nu-Look". That does not EXCUSE Gazzman for rushing a product that was badly mixed, but it is what it is.

But here is what I think Ralph is saying, "If this "Mission" CD was the WORSE CD EVER PRODUCED on this Earth, then why hasnt this AFFECTED Gazzman."

It wasnt the worse CD ever produced. It really wasnt. You can say it did not LIVE up to the EXPECTATION and ANTICIPATION that it garned. But it was not the worse, we have heard worse. But it's UNFAIRLY being painted as such.

Anyway, Gazzman has to realize that EVEN his extreme popularity will not SAVE him, if the NEXT STUDIO CD isnt up to par.

LouisJeanBeauge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
LouisJeanBeauge wrote:

There are certain singers that CANNOT get away with it or would be extremely risky, but Gazzman at this POINT in his career can get away with it and is getting away with it.

They rushed into a STUDIO and dropped "Mission". The PRODUCT seemed rushed. I guess Gazzman was tired of hearing "O wi wap jwe mizik Nu-Look". That does not EXCUSE Gazzman for rushing a product that was badly mixed, but it is what it is.

But here is what I think Ralph is saying, "If this "Mission" CD was the WORSE CD EVER PRODUCED on this Earth, then why hasnt this AFFECTED Gazzman."

It wasnt the worse CD ever produced. It really wasnt. You can say it did not LIVE up to the EXPECTATION and ANTICIPATION that it garned. But it was not the worse, we have heard worse. But it's UNFAIRLY being painted as such.

Anyway, Gazzman has to realize that EVEN his extreme popularity will not SAVE him, if the NEXT STUDIO CD isnt up to par.

DJK,
Ralph said “A lot of people are saying that the DISIP CD did not do anything for Gazzman and DISIP, but whenever I look, I see that his band is always booked.” Ralph’s statement implies that the CD carried the band through. Gazzman carried the band through. So let’s instead say that the CD did not negatively impact Gazzman (which I believe that you’re saying as well.) Se la a mwen pase Ralph voye flè a…
I don’t think Gazzman and DISIP went in the studio to create a top notch CD. SO I agree with everything you’re saying up there, except perhaps your interpretation of Ralph’s statement. When Gazzman left NuLook, everyone one was talking about Gazzman. Any average producer should have been able to score with that CD. The disappointment came from the fact that he delivered a below average even with all the great musicians he had in the band.

So Ralpho, Gazzman’s fans are loyal and he has the star power. That’s what carried him through. Not the CD.

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LouisJeanBeauge wrote:
DJ Kreyol wrote:
LouisJeanBeauge wrote:

DJK,
Ralph said “A lot of people are saying that the DISIP CD did not do anything for Gazzman and DISIP, but whenever I look, I see that his band is always booked.” Ralph’s statement implies that the CD carried the band through. Gazzman carried the band through. So let’s instead say that the CD did not negatively impact Gazzman (which I believe that you’re saying as well.) Se la a mwen pase Ralph voye flè a…
I don’t think Gazzman and DISIP went in the studio to create a top notch CD. SO I agree with everything you’re saying up there, except perhaps your interpretation of Ralph’s statement. When Gazzman left NuLook, everyone one was talking about Gazzman. Any average producer should have been able to score with that CD. The disappointment came from the fact that he delivered a below average even with all the great musicians he had in the band.

So Ralpho, Gazzman’s fans are loyal and he has the star power. That’s what carried him through. Not the CD.

LJB,

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. Wink

djabolo1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess BelJazz's cd was not as good as many believe, given that the band was not booked that much. Menelas's logic is flawed.
I ll say it again:Disip won over its fans the moment Gazman left Nu Look. In fact the band was booked way b4 their cd came out. The band did not even have a name that people, especially those on this board were flocking to Gazman's band. Some even suggested the band be called Gazzman. the latter called KM to insist that the band's name be properly written as " Disip de Gazzman Couleur" as opposed to simply "disip".

Disip play more songs on the live circuit from other albums Gazzman participated in than those on the mission cd. this is a band playing most of the d'zine songs, Nu look songs,Shedly's, Tropicana's and Ritchie's. Those songs undeniably got the least unfavorable reception from the crowd. I seriously doubt that a single person became a Disip fan as a sole result of the quality of Mission.

By now even some of Disip's biggest supporters like Beeper, and reportedly Gazzman himself has made some admissions as to the low quality of Mission. They deflected the blame whenever possible. Time for you peeps to to wait for what Ritchie ll bring to the table ( If a band name disip still exists at that point).

kompawoolala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJAZZ AP BAY GAZZ, SAN ETHENOL. RICHIE DI LI PA KAPAB BOULE ZENGLEN GAZZ ANJOR. LAP PRAN YON TI BAGAY 100% GAZZ DISIP LA. DJAZZ LA PWAL GEN 2 ZAN GAZZ LA PI CHER. LA POLICE DI POU NOU PA ACHETE GAZZ BO LARIVIERE. MOUN KI ACHETE GAZZ BO LARIVIERE YO. GAZZ YO GEN DLO LADAN. SE SEL DISIP KI GEN GAZZ A GOGO.

vivekompa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

se sa mwen wer anpil moune pa konprann wi yap di album pa se si se la epi jazz la jwee pase sam pa konnen tandiske yo di album nu look bon li jwee 3 fois nan yon mois negre yo rayi gazz man wi yo telman parle yo di fanm pa ale nan disip se garcon selman komanman yo fait gazz pi superstar
Jay Brooklyn wrote:
I bet ke tout moun kap di ke cd ya pa bon se yon paket Jako repet..
te gen yon gwo kanpay ki fet contre CD ya..
mwen pral lague kek live disip lan mp3 section lan pou moun yo tande ak 2 zorey yo koman jazz la jwe, koman disip dous...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: