KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*CARIMI'S SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW OFFICIAL KM.COM BREAKDOWN!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great Breakdown KM!

Maybe I'm the weird one but this LP is doing it for of all aspect. That's all I have to say.

DonGabbana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Pepla wrote:
Great Breakdown KM!

Maybe I'm the weird one but this LP is doing it for of all aspect. That's all I have to say.

Pepla u ain't the only one... I'm weird too Laughing Laughing Laughing

radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great Review KM... This is a very nice album tout moun jwen sou li..with The combination of kompa,zouk,and R&b flavors.. moun kap di yo poko konprann album lan.. keep on listening some people just listen to an album once or twice apre yap di album pa bon.. pran sans album epi na banm nouvel.. One thing about carimi with it come to text they have it.

DonGabbana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Citadelle ou sanble weird tou Laughing Laughing Laughing
M'tande yo di yo pa konprann sans albòm la... Se paske s'on albòm 100 sans... kanta pou sans la se 100% Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fran7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Album lan well-balanced…that’s the beauty of CaRiMi…ti mesieu yo versatile…tout bouche goûter…tout nanm benit…

belfam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only songs that do it for me from this cd are Se la-m pwale, pouvwa, en si peu de temps. those songs are going to be hot if well promoted. Attention carimi you guys are becoming a bal djazz, don't neglect the studio part. I was expecting something different and more.

DonGabbana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

belfam wrote:
The only songs that do it for me from this cd are Se la-m pwale, pouvwa, en si peu de temps. those songs are going to be hot if well promoted. Attention carimi you guys are becoming a bal djazz, don't neglect the studio part. I was expecting something different and more.

Ben1265

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks very much for a thorough review, Pat.
My main problem with the CD is that I did not find enough novelty, musically speaking. I hear echoes of the previous CD's songs throughout this one (kidnapping, for example). The last CD had Por Favor, and I agree with you that there's no slow song of that magnitude on that CD.

Good point on the songs placement. Not to digress, but I think that's a big factor in my liking the K-Dans CD so much.

Carimi will be Carimi, I guess. All in all, after reading your review and giving that CD another spin, I find it very listenable (I know that's not a word, but I don't care...), but I keep feeling that the crew that came up with Bang Bang should be able to do better; on the other hand, they have to be congratulated for their continued efforts to reach that peak again.

wallywal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

album sa pa fais anyin pou mouin ,carimi is like the backstreet boys of kompa nothing wrong with that, i guess they got their fan base, their true fans won't be disapointed as for getting new fans well am not one of them.

RICKY

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With all the talk about this cd, I'm so eager to get it to listen to sak fet lan carimi and a few others. I'll be sure to get mines today.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: