Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - LAPORTE SAYS HE WAS FIRED FROM DISIP IN SHOCKING PUBLIC NOTE
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

LAPORTE SAYS HE WAS FIRED FROM DISIP IN SHOCKING PUBLIC NOTE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emicheljunior

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow......
That's F-up!!!
And he is right.....

Staff Poze 2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: LAPORTE SAYS HE WAS FIRED FROM DISIP IN SHOCKING PUBLIC Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:

LAPORTE: After nearly 2 years of working with Disip, the relationship has come to a subtle end. Since there are lots of rumors and speculation about why and how this happened, I feel compelled to address the fans, media, and general public with the truth. I hope after you read this letter that the situation is clearer.

Time after time I have had meetings with Disip management staff to express my displeasure with the lack of transparency when it came to the band's finances. The "Mission" album--studio and live--was sold and I have yet to receive full compensation for my contributions to it. Gigs were
being booked without letting me know how much the gigs were for. As a co-owner & founder of Disip, I felt that the least Gazzman Couleur and Patrick Fabre owed me was clear information about how the money was being managed. After all, I produced many songs on "Mission" and I
was the maestro directing the live performances. During the last meeting I had with them for this issue, I stated to them that if I could not get paid my proper dues and/or be privy to the band's finances, then I should get paid a salary instead of a percentage. With no resolution, we
scheduled another meeting to resolve the matter.

Many have been led to believe that I left the band as a result of this unhappiness. Based on my history, this theory was easy to sell to the public in a press release by Disip that falsely announced my "departure." However, that was not the case at all. I did not leave Disip. On Friday, November 18th, I learned that my services would no longer be needed in Disip. The news caught me off guard following a visit by manager Patrick Fabre who handed a “letter of termination” over to me. I was always under the impression that I was a co-owner of Disip. It then became apparent to me, however, that I was only being led on by Gazzman and Patrick Fabre, walking behind the two while they blocked me from seeing what was ahead. It was never a side-by-side partnership with equal insights like I thought.

God gave me a talent to play the guitar. I am very passionate about this talent and refuse to allow others to exploit me with it. If I provide my talents on the guitar as a service, then I should get paid accordingly. Although I am no longer a part of Disip, I still expect the financial matters to be resolved fairly. Otherwise I will have no choice but to take this to court.

Moving forward, I wish Disip the very best with all of my heart. While I am disappointed that we separated without accomplishing all of the goals we had in sight, I am pleased to have been a part of all the success attained over the past year and a half. Please note that I have no plans on
joining any existing band or forming a new band with anyone at this time. However, my future will always include music as it is my #1 passion. Trust I will be back on the scene in due time with your support.

Thank you for your time and understanding.
Sincerely,
Gabriel Laporte

I was always under the impression that I was a co-owner of Disip. It then became apparent to me, however, that I was only being led on by Gazzman and Patrick Fabre, walking behind the two while they blocked me from seeing what was ahead.
Let this be a lesson to everyone else entering a business relation with other partners....and good friends even family....
Don't ever be under the impression....make sure that everything is in writing to include what is your share and make sure you have monthly or at least quarterly meeting to discuss the ins and outs and most of all your percentage....Se toujou afè UNDER THE IMPRESSION sa ki toujou fini an discussion e ouvè wout pou yon ou lòt fè koken...
Kat sou tab chak jou...chak meeting...epi poze kestyion...anpil kestyion tout tan...but most of all the missing elements in the HMI are...POLICY AND PROCEDURES.....Written Agreement...epi nap wè ke regleman pa gate zanmi....Men fok se regleman ki chita sou kondisyion ki te ekri sou bout papie...et non pawòl nan diòl ak bel pwomès
Men nou rete nan SI BON DIE BON BUSINESS...ou BUSINESS AU NOM DE LA BONNE AMITIE
Sorry Laporte...and good luck with your future projects...

Didi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW.. Shocked Very Confusing.
My question to Mr. Lapuerta is, Were you a Co-owner "lan bouche" meaning verbally or were you a co-owner "sou papier" on paper? Was there an agreement made between you and the other parties stating that you guys were entering into a partnership and were percentage of every partners stated in the agreement?
If you are a legal partner of the business, then you Mr Lapuerta, cannot be FIRED. They can either buyout your share of the partnership or Disolve the partnership which means no more using the name of Disip without your consent. Just look at Krezi and Djakout. Please Mr. Lapuerta, know your rights if you were a partner.

Ranfo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If this was a business partnership and you actually own a percentage of the business
you should get your cut.... I pray and hope you had this partnership agreement on a
piece of paper signed and Notarized......

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow
good luck lapuerta

S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Karenay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Again documentation is key. All the talk means nothing without paper to back you up in this country regardless if this is the HMI or not. If true, we may be starting to see the true colors of couleur (christian or business man first?) Sad situation, please get this resolved quietly if possible.

CAP - PORT MARGOT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good Luck Lapuerta. You're gonna be missed.

Next time, pa fe biznis nan djol brother.

DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MenkiJan wrote:
Mezanmi nou wè ke'l toujou bon pou'n tande tou 2 son kloch yo avan nou kouri akize.

Fok nou pa kondane san jije, koman pou yon moun gen biznis li epi yon manajè ap prive’w de aktivite financye pwop zafew monchè.

Gazzman di ke'l konveti epi pou'l met tet li ansanm avek Patrick fabre pou yo abize yon lot.....Neg yo pwofite de repitasyon instab Laporte pou yo tou avili misye piblikman, pou fe'l paret lèd devan zye tou moun.

Nou pran pwojè solo neg la nou fè album mission epi nou pa vle peye neg la ekitableman, sa pa bon mezanmi fè bagay pou nou gen rezon nou. Nou te kon akize Arly de sesi sela epi nou pi mal, Sispan'n fè abi…. menm title press release neg yo insiltan Gabriel laporte takes an exit what the hell was that about.

W'ap di pou nou nou tande both sides epi ou kouri chwazi youn pou ou fe konklizyon an.

Sa vle di premye story a pat bon pou ou.

Enfin!

tifrere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

as a co-owner, yo mété ou deyo....ki kozé , HMI à l'envers.

Thank too you Gabriel Laporte Arrow

fenito

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SI LAPORTE AP PLENYEN E DOBODO MENM POV MALERE.M SONJE TIDOU.ANY LAPORTE MAP TANN DISIP#1 OU NUDISIP.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: