KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

ROUZIER MUST BE THE NEXT PM LIKE IT OR NOT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalida

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Right now the government in Haiti is not balanced, the legislature is has too much power. That is not what a check and balance system is about.

Laughing Laughing that's the way it works in Democracy Syromiel, the Legislature has a lot more power than the president. That's why they can impeach a President in the US.

Let's be realistic here, I don't have anything against Mr Rouzier, but i think he has lot of things against him. For example, when they mistreated the Haitian players in Jamaica, the man did not say shit ok, it was all about his job. I can go on and on.

When Preval was in power, he went through a few pms before they finally ratified Bellerive. I don't think it's about having majority only.

Haitian1, Believe it or not, these guys are the people Micky has to work with in order to get his PM ratified, it does not matter how they got there. The reality is, they're there. Believe or not most people in Haitian government are crooks. I would say 98% of them.

Before micky leaves office, he is going to be a crook. That's the mentality of Haitian people. No offence to anyone.

Haitianone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dalida wrote:
Quote:
Right now the government in Haiti is not balanced, the legislature is has too much power. That is not what a check and balance system is about.

Laughing Laughing that's the way it works in Democracy Syromiel, the Legislature has a lot more power than the president. That's why they can impeach a President in the US.

Let's be realistic here, I don't have anything against Mr Rouzier, but i think he has lot of things against him. For example, when they mistreated the Haitian players in Jamaica, the man did not say shit ok, it was all about his job. I can go on and on.

When Preval was in power, he went through a few pms before they finally ratified Bellerive. I don't think it's about having majority only.

Haitian1, Believe it or not, these guys are the people Micky has to work with in order to get his PM ratified, it does not matter how they got there. The reality is, they're there. Believe or not most people in Haitian government are crooks. I would say 98% of them.

Before micky leaves office, he is going to be a crook. That's the mentality of Haitian people. No offence to anyone.

The fact they are is the reason we got this messed and trivial government, if they were not we probably would have less of these people to contend and maybe serious negotiations can be done but we don't because the decks were purposely stacked to have this scenario.

You cannot negotiate with FRAUD, it is impossible and not realistic.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
that's the way it works in Democracy Syromiel, the Legislature has a lot more power than the president. That's why they can impeach a President in the US.

I'm not saying the president and it's PM shouldn't have to answer to anyone or anything. I am just saying that the system shouldn't be built in such a way that it gives one too much leverage over the other. That leads to blackmail, bribery... and in this case, paralisis of the government.

dalida

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
Quote:
that's the way it works in Democracy Syromiel, the Legislature has a lot more power than the president. That's why they can impeach a President in the US.

I'm not saying the president and it's PM shouldn't have to answer to anyone or anything. I am just saying that the system shouldn't be built in such a way that it gives one too much leverage over the other. That leads to blackmail, bribery... and in this case, paralisis of the government.

Siromyel, Anything leads to fraud, blackmail and bribery. We're talking about Haiti here ok. It works in other places. Why can't it work in Haiti? because you have a bunch of frauds running the government. From President to Casec. That's all they know.

I'm going to give you an example. Look President michel Martely's bank account now, look how much money get paid a month and take a look of his bank accounts 5 years from now.

That's all Haitian people know. Corruption becomes our culture.

Another example. Mr Rouzier's tax reccord says that he committed tax fraud. We all say they should not look at that not to ratify him. In any serious country, he would be in Jail.

It has nothing to do with the system, it's the people whom are running the system.

owen1055

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just as Obama's lack of experience showed early in his presidency by not understanding how politic work, our new president will make mistakes early. He should had negotiated with the legislature before his pick. Unfortunately that is the dirty side of politic. He needs to be cautious bc the lesgilature can make his life a nightmare.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: