KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HARMONIK LET'S GO: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoiHenri

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pat for the review.
Let's admit that people are entitled to have different opinions. Doesn't mean we can't come to a mutual understanding and learn from one another.

Let's get rid of this bogus idea first...that the band's target market is the ladies. That might be the goal, but they're not there yet. Out of the 31 reviews or comments posted here, only 4 (may be) women commented.

Now to the CD itself before I mention anything about the band....
I have to agree that there has been a lot of work done in this CD...apparently countless hours of trying to add and fix things up a bit...which in turn might become an issue for the band when its time to play those tracks live. Not to say it will be impossible, but a very difficult task ahead of them.

Contrary to the first album, this one has not hit me from the first spin. Shoot, its been almost 2 week now and it still hasn't hit me. I had high expectations for this band from the time they entered the hmi scene and all they have managed to do is deceive me and others time after time. Constant turmoil within the band...inability to establish themselves as serious contenders in the market. This cd is the last straw, for me.

Let's not fool ourselves, harmonik has been invited at all major events without new materials...so them still being booked and invited to major shows should not be evaluated on this new album. We all know what the main factor is, and remains the same reason why this bunch of talented musicians are being so lazy...and somewhat enjoying their little comfort zone. The comfort zone of being invited at all major events and settling as a fill up for other major acts.

This album will not help harmonik surpass....Djakout, T Vice, Carimi, Kreyol la, Disip and perhaps not even Nulook.
The instability that exists in the band and Rodney apparently seem to stop them from reaching their full potentials.
I beg to differ with Pat in a couple of points. Nicky has hardly proven himself in this last CD. Its nothing new or unexpected of him. There's a big difference between a pioneer and an hall of fame player. Charles Barkley is a hall of famer ...but Jordan and Magic are pioneers. This zouk sound is getting played out and needs to be revamped. Will work well within certain circle and at zouk nights, but not enough for the band to be booked 3 straight weeks in the mother land Again, nicky as a 'band' leader has yet proven himself as a game changer....

Mac D...in my opinion sounded way better in his K Dans days and even on the last CD. Not sure if its the way they decided to mix the it....men m pa fin pran sans vwa msieu bien nan album sa. And if what Sanders said stands true, he's trying too hard to sound like Dener. (Bien que m pa kwe sal di a)

As far as Sanders...he's a talented guy, with his Unique sound who's quickly putting a stamp in the HMI the same way as Laporte used to do. Once you hear the sound you know who it belongs to. For the rare occasions when he appeared as a lead in the album, he did his thing.

In a nutshell, I'll grade this album as average, but enough to keep the band worthy for too long...along with other factors that we're already well aware of.

This band was the only one that popped in my head when they mentioned crossing over/top band. But not with this half a$$ job they've been handing to the public lately. And no...don't think a video considered better than the previous ones out there will cut it for you guys. Go back to the drawing boards. Work more on your live performances. The morning show performance before compas fest didn't cut it for you guys, americas got talent didn't do it either. That new single with Alison Hinds...flat. Keep searching.
Good luck guys!

kompared

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KM wrote:
Quote:
KOMPARED...Ou pral GOUYE nan mizik BON DIEU? Ou anraje Laughing Laughing Laughing

Why not? depi yo jwe li nan bal ap gin gouye wi... Very Happy Laughing Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: