KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HARMONIK LET'S GO: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
Great review.

I am still DIGESTING this CD.

I will say this "Jere'm" FRAPPEM as soon as I heard that CD; this CD is taking a long time for it to hit me.

I am on the fence with this CD.

I agree.

There are some great slow jams on this CD but I am not feeling it as of yet.

belfam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

love the cd my fav so far is i heart you
tks for the review

Gromosso

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mpa tap mind neg yo jwe Yon Sel Bondye a live non. Wink

lola1804

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the cd review Pat. The cd overall is a good to listen to with a few tracks that I like

stallion25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
Very nice review km..

I don't know.. The konpa that harmonic is playing is not my type.. I can't stand carimi's bubble gum.. But I would rather deal with the chewing chewing than the "cola" of harmonick..
The album has no weight.. Yeah.. There's a couple of soft songs that are ok.. But nothing out of this world..

You can see that most refer to it as "a GOOD album".. That's not enough! But to each it's own.. Cool

zip I respect your opinon brother, but you can't compare harmonik with carimi you said it here before they took some kreol la and carimi vibe this album has no carimi,nor kreol la style on it, this is haromik style, I can call this kompa like douce said no intro crap 14 good solid tracks you can't beat that, the scrath part is not carimi flavor I must say pere shel came with that style not carimi come on dude

most of the critics I heard so far this is too soft let say if nicky was trying to make harmonik sound like zenglen some of you would say nicky has no this and that

this is a great album, like pat mention more than enough need a video

le monde est gouverne par de tout autres personnages que ne se l'imaginent ceux dont loeil ne plonge pas dans les coulisses

G.I.F.G

GAZZMAN IS FREAKING GREAT HA HAA HA HAA HAA

kompekok

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stallion25 wrote:
zipgenel wrote:
Very nice review km..

I don't know.. The konpa that harmonic is playing is not my type.. I can't stand carimi's bubble gum.. But I would rather deal with the chewing chewing than the "cola" of harmonick..
The album has no weight.. Yeah.. There's a couple of soft songs that are ok.. But nothing out of this world..

You can see that most refer to it as "a GOOD album".. That's not enough! But to each it's own.. Cool

zip I respect your opinon brother, but you can't compare harmonik with carimi you said it here before they took some kreol la and carimi vibe this album has no carimi,nor kreol la style on it, this is haromik style, I can call this kompa like douce said no intro crap 14 good solid tracks you can't beat that, the scrath part is not carimi flavor I must say pere shel came with that style not carimi come on dude

most of the critics I heard so far this is too soft let say if nicky was trying to make harmonik sound like zenglen some of you would say nicky has no this and that

He did not compare Harmonik to Carimi he said, if I can paraphrase it: "...Even though he's not a fan of Carimi, he would rather listen to Carimi than Harmonik..."

Aside from "Angelik", I'm still having difficulties digesting the album unlike the first one.

(Dadou Pasquet)

zipgenel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompekok wrote:
stallion25 wrote:
zipgenel wrote:
Very nice review km..

He did not compare Harmonik to Carimi he said, if I can paraphrase it: "...Even though he's not a fan of Carimi, he would rather listen to Carimi than Harmonik..."

Aside from "Angelik", I'm still having difficulties digesting the album unlike the first one.

patizan pa okipe stallion tande...

pale anpil li bezwen fe...

stallion gon jan pou'w ye vye fre.. Cool

kompared

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice and honest review....14 solid, well arranged tracks..Again Bravo guys..However I disagree with KM comment regarding YON SEL BONDYE being only a studio tract...Although the lyrical content is gospel, the melody, the hook on this tract make it one the catchiest and simplest produced selection on this CD. Gin anpil ti plogue, ak gouye nan mizik sa... Laughing
HARMONIK will have a wonderful summer tour in HAITI with this CD..!!! Very Happy

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KOMPARED...Ou pral GOUYE nan mizik BON DIEU? Ou anraje Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PS: BY THE WAY, I just found out from SANDERS that DENER CEIDE only sings 1 LINE on the cd...and I swear MAC D's voice sounded like DENER on a couple of the tracks than if that's the case. MY BAD...Correction on the review in regards to those comments have been made.

KM!

Noupapemoun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the cd. I agree with Gro that 14 tracks is a lot for a kompa album, but I understand Nicky's strategy. Don't know if it'll work though...

My favourite songs are by far More than Enough and Fe sa yo vle, when I get ontrack 9, I usually press repeat a few times!! lol

Angelique will work, this a plogue song from beg to end. SMS is more kompa direk than the rest of the cd, bel bagay! I personally like the cd and m'ke ke mesyeu gen zam nan men yo si yo byen travay. I prefer heavier kompa, but they did well in what they do.

Good job Harmonik!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: