Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - MOST POPULAR HMI ARTIST IN HAITI MIGHT NOT BE WHO U THINK!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MOST POPULAR HMI ARTIST IN HAITI MIGHT NOT BE WHO U THINK!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkmrecordz

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
RKM RECORDS

It is beyond me why you are still posting on the site when you basically blasted these KM MEMBERS on the information super highway.

Just like you stated..."YOU DON'T KNOW WHY YOU WASTE YOUR ENERGY READING A SITE LIKE KOMPA MAGAZINE"...so why are you WASTING YOUR TIME debating this on the board?

As the head of a record label, you need to be a bit more diplomatic and must learn to respect FANS' OPINIONS that you are debating with EVEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THEM sir.

KM!

Pat,
You cannot respect ignorance...

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't agree all the time with what many KM Members say on the board, but you don't see me calling them IGNORANT or insulting them.

YOU as the head of a RECORD LABEL, even if you disagree with what SOME members are saying about RAP KREYOL, you are LABELING THE ENTIRE MEMBERS THAT ARE ON THE SITE in one basket...then you go on the information super highway saying what you just said, YET, YOU ARE STILL ON THE SITE TALKING (Not even debating) calling them IGNORANT!

That's the wrong way to go playa.

YOU DON'T NEED TO WASTE YOUR TIME ON AN IGNORANT SITE & DEBATE WITH WHAT YOU CALL "IGNORANT FANS" on the subject matter.

KM!

rkmrecordz

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
I don't agree all the time with what many KM Members say on the board, but you don't see me calling them IGNORANT or insulting them.

YOU as the head of a RECORD LABEL, even if you disagree with what SOME members are saying about RAP KREYOL, you are LABELING THE ENTIRE MEMBERS THAT ARE ON THE SITE in one basket...then you go on the information super highway saying what you just said, YET, YOU ARE STILL ON THE SITE TALKING (Not even debating) calling them IGNORANT!

That's the wrong way to go playa.

YOU DON'T NEED TO WASTE YOUR TIME ON AN IGNORANT SITE & DEBATE WITH WHAT YOU CALL "IGNORANT FANS" on the subject matter.

KM!

I expected nothing more from you Pat...You just proved my point.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank You sir.

KM! Rolling Eyes

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: BACK TO THE BUSINESS AT HAND! Reply with quote Back to top

To those of you who still disagree with the IZOLAN news.....IT IS WHAT IT IS...and he is a VERY TALENTED ARTIST...and HE DESERVES RESPECT just like the ENTIRE RAP KREYOL MOVEMENT

BIG UP & RESPECT TO THE RAP KREYOL MOVEMENT.....Keep on doing what you are doing!

KM!

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RKM, I understand that the opinion of some KM members towards the Rap Kreyol movement may not be favorable for you. However, it is best to INFORM rather than get offended or offensive.

The Rap Kreyol movement needs a boost in the diaspora. It cannot be shoved down the konpa lovers throats BUT it can be marketed in a proper fashion in order to change its perception by the diaspora. Trust me! Responding to members by calling names and showing frustration is NOT going to help change this "thuggish" image but it will help REINFORCE it. It's not the way to go.

MINGOLOVE

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: BACK TO THE BUSINESS AT HAND! Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
To those of you who still disagree with the IZOLAN news.....IT IS WHAT IT IS...and he is a VERY TALENTED ARTIST...and HE DESERVES RESPECT just like the ENTIRE RAP KREYOL MOVEMENT

BIG UP & RESPECT TO THE RAP KREYOL MOVEMENT.....Keep on doing what you are doing!

KM!

BINGO!

Hate it or love it, it is what it is. many members are on a denial state because they don't like Rap kreyol, unless it's done by Mika ben or some other people who already has a name or someone who is a Konpa musician as well. Si Shabba or Richie or Ti Joe release a rap kreyol album right now or if fabrice Rouzier produce a new haitian rapper and give him his full support, so many of you will have a different view about the Rap kreyol movement and will start listening to it often.

That's wrong! Y'all need to be more receptive of other musical genres, whether it's Racine, rap kreyol, or others. You might not like it, but if it's sung in Creole, don't ignore the message.

i am not saying that all rap kreyol songs are good or that Izolan is the best Haitian rapper. No, he is not popular because he is the best, but because he give the street what they want to hear. The got the street sound and message. Haiti is all after him.

The views/opinions that I express on KM are strictly and solely those of MINGOLOVE, the HMEI personality, and should not be associated in any way with my membership in any other fields nor be held against me in any matter not related to entertainment.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izolan is indeed extremely popular in Haiti. I was aware of his popularity but I was not aware of his humanitarian work. I applaud him for using his power of influence to do good things.

The Rap Kreyol movement is very strong. One has to take a trip to Haiti to really understand. The performances and things that I have witnessed by the top groups still give me goosebumps when I think about them.

The beauty of Rap Kreyol just like many other genres of music is that it has evolved. It has become HAITIAN. The same way the Latin Market has reggaeton, which is URBAN Latin music, the Haitian market has rap kreyol, which is URBAN Haitian music. All the rap kreyol industry needs is one mainstream hit. The crossover potential is there. As long as it maintains a form of Haitian identity with its beats to keep it distinct, it is a wrap!

zipgenel

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stupidity @ its best...

Am not saying that the man is not popular..
But m'konnen plizye atis diferan ki superstar kontan devan ti atis lokal sa yo..

Ban'm zorey mwen.. Cool

MINGOLOVE

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For those who REALLY don't know who IZOLAN is, he is one of the members of rap kreyol group BARIKAD CREW. He is the most controversial rapper in BC, but the most liked in Haiti.

he released a solo album a couple of years ago and was supposed to drop his second solo album a few months ago. (I don't know if it's out yet). He is so popular in Haiti that many business used his service/face for advertising.

He was in 2009 the only haitian rapper with his own ringtone that was selling like hot cake.

The views/opinions that I express on KM are strictly and solely those of MINGOLOVE, the HMEI personality, and should not be associated in any way with my membership in any other fields nor be held against me in any matter not related to entertainment.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: