KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

2010 ARTIST OF THE YEAR KM AWARD WINNER IS......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1Lov'

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gromosso wrote:
DJ Kreyol wrote:
wallywal wrote:
Quote:
Wally,

Enbien se basket Gazzy ap jwe. Neutral

Kobe and LeBron watch out!

But its your opinion, so I MUST respect that

what did he accomplished musically in the hmi?
seriously dj kreyol can you say that last year gazzman Couleur took the hmi by storm because of his music or because of the album?
the fans (his fans) didn't care about his music or whether he can have give them a hit song instead they were curious to see him in his new band without Arly Lariviere, again am not taking anything away from him.
By the way now i understand what you meant when you said disip doesn't need a hit...i got it now ....in a way you were right, i underestimated gazzmans popularity Razz

Wallywal,

Here is the thing...

Gazzman is an ARTIST. An artist that is REVERED by many many many people. That is not going away.

Secondly, when the band was formed he made sure to put TALENTED musicians behind him.

This is where Gazzman's case is different from Gracia's (there are other differences but that is another discussion).

When you say Gabriel Laporte and Patrick Pluvoise, that is A LOT. That is pure nostalgia for people that listened to Nu-Look back in the day. People said wow finally I can hear my singer backed up by the guitars I fell in love it. What isn't artistic about that? Neg yo jwe bien. They are not rookies.

Sexy Beef is one of the BEST bassists in Kompa.

So in Gracia's case, Gracia was backed by talented young talent but not on the LEVEL Gazzman has.

Third, they came out with a CD. A very good one. Before the CD came out, I said they didnt need a HIT for this CD. As long as the songs are digestible they would be fine. "Bope Pa Papa" is a buzzworthy song. So if you are a Gazzman fan, you are satisfied.

Fourth, if the BAND did not play WELL and if the SONGS were that BAD, the results would SHOW. The band would not be booked. The band would not be playing. But the band is booked. So how is ART missing there?

A painter paints. A singer sings. A dancer dances.

Mika is a producer. A great producer and writer. He did a GREAT job in 2010 with his work on "Famn Sa Move", "Ou Fem Vole" and "Yap fè Foli".

But Mika and Gazzman deliver their art differently.

And the judges this year that Gazzman's impact COULD NOT be denied.

DJK,

Gazzman could have been donated a million bucks to charity, people would still find some crap to say about his gesture.

His band wins Newbie of The Year, oh it's because of Gazzman's popularity.

He wins Artist of The Year, oh he didn't do anything musically.

Si Disip pat fwenk bon, jazz la patap la toujou. Bay moun zye yo.

Let the animosity go already, it's too old. Gazzman made his choice in leaving Nu Look to form his own band, accept it, deal with it, move on.

Geez, let the man enjoy his moment, this is Gazzman's time to shine and this will go on for a very long time.

Well said...Amen...
Congrats to GAZZMAN...

" KM" 1Lov's Hometown Newspaper..

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

D K Bess wrote:
Moun kap tiré pyé yo poukisa nou pa di ki VRÈ Problem nou?
Jan nou ap palé la se kom si moun ki voté pou Gazman yo se o paket ÉGARÉ yo yé.

Yo voté pou li, li genyen... Manyè pran on break...
Pa gen FRAUD la sé sa yo voté a ki pasé...

Ou we sa tou...

Neg2byen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Moun yo gendwa pa happy ak choice judges yo. Menmjan se chwa pa judges yo pou vote pou moun yo vle, se right pa members yo pou yo show non-contentment yo...

Playzee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the award was given based on buzz created, surely Gazman, but for that award, no.

SexyAfterdark

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations Couleur, aka "Artist of the Year"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tipe-a

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to Gazman.
Car Dieu a tant aimé NULOOK qu'il a donné son Fils ARLY, afin que quiconque croit en lui ne périsse point, mais qu'il ait la vie éternelle. Jean3:16

Gazzman Pleura. Jean11:35

zipgenel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

M'syeu...
Zanmi Gazman sa yo ki sou bod la ka fuziye yon neg san'w pa konnen..
Depi'w ouve bouch ou.. Kolonn sa yo ap kraze'w ra sol..

Se **** la raj..

Gazman did not do anything musically to win this award! Point bar!

He won it bcause of the popularity he built while leaving Nu look.. Si la verite fe yon neg "hater".. Then so be it!

I would be ok with one hit wonder! but no hit wonder.. Hell No!

But.. Zanmi Gazman yo pral vin bat ou si'w pa dako! Cool

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
M'syeu...
Zanmi Gazman sa yo ki sou bod la ka fuziye yon neg san'w pa konnen..
Depi'w ouve bouch ou.. Kolonn sa yo ap kraze'w ra sol..

Se **** la raj..

Gazman did not do anything musically to win this award! Point bar!

He won it bcause of the popularity he built while leaving Nu look.. Si la verite fe yon neg "hater".. Then so be it!

I would be ok with one hit wonder! but no hit wonder.. Hell No!

But.. Zanmi Gazman yo pral vin bat ou si'w pa dako! Cool

zIP, sipan bat ko ou non, bro Cool
depi ou popilE ou ka atis of the year tou
MIKA OR BELO should have won that one HAND DOWN or even REGINALD CANJE for taking a band from nowhere and make it a force in the Hmi.
No one is saying that GAZZMAN did not create buzz, but there is a difference between BUZZ AND MUSIC
Bon ou gen dwa di moun HATER this, HATER that, but it is a FACT
Congrats to Mr. GAZZMAN Cool

Last edited by jeancelestin on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:01 am; edited 2 times in total

XXplosive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been thinking about that award that Gazzman won. It's good he won it, in term of news and buzz he was talked about a lot. But Gazzman didn't accomplish anything musically last year. He doesn't have a HIT song, he doesn't have a song that made crazy noise like N'ap Kite'l Pou Yo, let's not mention Fanm Sa Move song of the year. Mika had some setbacks in festival live specially overseas but till now, any partiy you have, if you want to add more swag and attract more people, everybody look for MIKA BEN.
He should have won this one in my opinion but the guy is talented, he'll make some hits this year and win it next year hopefully.

MODEL VIL LA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TOUT SA KITE KANPE YO CHITA, TOUT SA KITE CHITA YO KANPE. CONGRATS. MY BROTHER YOU DESERVE IT, EPUI NAP DI MESI POU TOUT SA KI VOTE , NAP DI MESI POU TOUT SA KI PA VOTE MAP TAN N VOTE NOU LOT ANNEE SI DIEU VEUX.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KOMPA MAGAZINE AWARDS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: