KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

GAZMAN/DISIP: OFFICIAL KOMPA MAGAZINE SONG BY SONG CD REVIEW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kreole la#1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very good breakdown pat, but my favorite line in the cd is " manje ou devan w, epi wap baye, ou genle bwe Anafranil" love dat line

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i don't hate the album but I'm also not in love per say with it...Don't get me wrong its a solid album but if you were to take Gazman's voice out of the equation i'm not sure if it would pass.

To me if they can keep the momentum on the Live circuit that they build..this album will carry them through.

with PST i see what Pat is saying..but i also think this coulda been a real hit had they got the female zouk artist on the track.

Kolon and Ban'm Gazz ap met dife nan bal yo

I thought the intros were kinda whack.

I also think that this album definitely brought different deminisions of Gazzman that we never saw in particular with PST and Hold on to your Dream

Fair and balanced Review KM! Cool

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thks Pat.

Nie breakdown.

I think the main problem with PST is that the song is too low in the beginning.

Gazzman is a true tenor so he cannot sing low. It makes it impossible for him to bring out the melody in his voice. Especially since Gazzman's voice is on the husky side.

But given that the latter part of the song is higher, I don't know how much they could have raised the first part without the latter part being too high.

The only thing they could have done was change the melody all together.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neg Timid wrote:
Pat,

Konpliman monchè ! Se youn nan pi bèl "review" ou ekri isiya. E ni m pa di sa paske mwen renmen CD a. Mwen di sa paske ou trè objektif nan tout sa ou di la-a. Mwen kwè si yon moun bay tèt li chans pou l tande CD sa-a byen, san okenn diskriminasyon, se egzakteman sa w ekri la-a l’ap tande tou. Gen yon bèl kesyon ou poze la-a: « Where was this Gazzman in Nu-Look? » Ki kote Gazzman sa-a te ye lè l te nan Nu Look? Enben, Gazzman sa-a te toujou la; men yo pa’t janm ba l chans pou l montre talan l. Se sa’k fè moun ki pa fanatik li panse, Gazzman se jis yon jwè k’ap tann boul pou l’al fè gòl. E tou, pou n ta poze kesyon an pi byen ankò: Kilè Gazzman gentan ekri tout mizik sa yo? Daprè sa k’ap pale deyò a, se yon kalite mizik Gazzman ekri depi lè l te Nu Look... ki te rele la k’ap kanni. E m kwè kounyeya, tout moun ka wè se pa pwòp mizik li Gazzman pa’t ka ekri e konpoze.

Review sa-a pral bloke kè anpil moun.... Laughing

Nèg Timid
(Ti Cherif Trankil La)

NT, ou konn se pa'm ou ye.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but not totally.

Where was this part Gazzman when he sang in in NU LOOK? Li te la. I agree. We saw it showcased in the songs ou se and legacy.

But I don't agree with the part about yo p'at janm ba'l chans pou'l montre talan'l.

Se nan NU LOOK nou konnen gazzman se yonn nan top, if not the top konpa direk singer we have. So he was allowed to showcase his talent.

But this specific side of GAZZMAN that we saw IN GAZZMAN in tracks like bope pa papa which I love, p'at gen plas li nan NU LOOK.

NU LOOK te gen on formule. Arly on LOVES OSNGS AND Gazzman on KONPA DIREK SONGS.

That didn't leave much room for more. Could things have been done differently? YES.

ARLY could have given GAZZMAN two songs written by himself sou chak album from the beginning.

And that is where I always say ARLY was a horrible maestro and managed NU LOOK horribly in terms of letting GAZZMAN shine more.

But Gazzman could have had solos like Some other artists have done.

Noupapemoun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kreole la#1 wrote:
Very good breakdown pat, but my favorite line in the cd is " manje ou devan w, epi wap baye, ou genle bwe Anafranil" love dat line

Can someone tell me what is «anaphranyl» plz??

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:

NT, ou konn se pa'm ou ye.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but not totally.

Where was this part Gazzman when he sang in in NU LOOK? Li te la. I agree. We saw it showcased in the songs ou se and legacy.

But I don't agree with the part about yo p'at janm ba'l chans pou'l montre talan'l.

Se nan NU LOOK nou konnen gazzman se yonn nan top, if not the top konpa direk singer we have. So he was allowed to showcase his talent.

But this specific side of GAZZMAN that we saw IN GAZZMAN in tracks like bope pa papa which I love, p'at gen plas li nan NU LOOK.

NU LOOK te gen on formule. Arly on LOVES OSNGS AND Gazzman on KONPA DIREK SONGS.

That didn't leave much room for more. Could things have been done differently? YES.

ARLY could have given GAZZMAN two songs written by himself sou chak album from the beginning.

And that is where I always say ARLY was a horrible maestro and managed NU LOOK horribly in terms of letting GAZZMAN shine more.

But Gazzman could have had solos like Some other artists have done.

Selman si post sa gate...mwen konnen ki kote li te komanse...although I tend to agree with what you said Laughing

stallion25

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

orus wrote:
mwen gen lontan m ap mande review album sa mwen jwen li jodia.
kompamagazine ap toujou rete yon referans pou konpa direk la.
tout moun konnen kalite pat nan bagay ki rele politik la .
mwen gen yon kesyon pou pat kisa ki rete album nan pou li demare?

sispan'n ak voye monte sa patner eske ou abite nan tout eta zini an pale sa ou konin pat bay sal panse epi wap di sak ki rete li demare eske ou patisipe nan tout kote ki gin plezi kote dj ap jwe mizik yo janw exprimew la sanble ou rete nan tout kwen eta zini an

sispan ak jan de radote sa yo

le monde est gouverne par de tout autres personnages que ne se l'imaginent ceux dont loeil ne plonge pas dans les coulisses

G.I.F.G

GAZZMAN IS FREAKING GREAT HA HAA HA HAA HAA

wallywal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so en tout et partout album sa se yon bon album li ye pou gazzman couleur
min li pa gin HIT

orus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stallion25 wrote:
orus wrote:
mwen gen lontan m ap mande review album sa mwen jwen li jodia.
kompamagazine ap toujou rete yon referans pou konpa direk la.
tout moun konnen kalite pat nan bagay ki rele politik la .
mwen gen yon kesyon pou pat kisa ki rete album nan pou li demare?

sispan'n ak voye monte sa patner eske ou abite nan tout eta zini an pale sa ou konin pat bay sal panse epi wap di sak ki rete li demare eske ou patisipe nan tout kote ki gin plezi kote dj ap jwe mizik yo janw exprimew la sanble ou rete nan tout kwen eta zini an

sispan ak jan de radote sa yo

mwen pa mache tout kote e mwen pa t ap ka mache tout kote paske li enposib.
yon album k ap mache se pa konsa li ye oubyen konnen sa m ap di w la.
se pa sel disip album li an pa mache apre 12 janvier se preske tout ablum ki soti la yo ki pa mach.

OZ'MOSIS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i enjoyed reading the review pat.

Pat has 6 favorites tracks on the album...a BIG thing.....

I will give my assessment of the album soon...

Pat,
HM'I' la pa fon pa.. "Pas Sans Toi"....lol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: