Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - WYCLEF/DANNY P: DANNY'S OPEN LETTER TO WYCLEF (PART 2)!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WYCLEF/DANNY P: DANNY'S OPEN LETTER TO WYCLEF (PART 2)!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: WYCLEF/DANNY P: DANNY'S OPEN LETTER TO WYCLEF (PART 2)! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is PART 2 of DANNY P's open letter to WYCLEF. (Part 1 is posted on another thread from earlier this morning)

DANNY P "By the way, just to make something clear, I never said that Wyclef owes anyone anything but if he's volunteering and cares so much about the Haitian youth all I'm saying is start right here where you live in America.

Kill that Hip Hop creole and make it English and start putting some of those real talented Haitian doods on some of your own records and releasing them as singles and exposing them to America and the rest of the world. Let them start getting some publishing money so they can help feed their families. Get a subsidiary started with BMI or ASCAP as well as a distribution deal in America and start letting them live. Everyone already knows you're the number 1 Haitian!

Don't let black Alex and Grimo die and they don't get to be known for what they do by the rest of the world. Give them a chance to have a home in Saddle River too. Let them have an opportunity to drive a Ferrari man!!!! It's not that difficult. Trust me I know. One song can change their lives drastically.

I'm on your ass bro cause you gotta start practicing what you preach preacher's son!!!! I'll come and work with you for free if you start putting a real situation together to expose our community's talent. SHARE THE LOVE!!!!!! PRESIDENT WYCLEF JEAN!! Using Haitian groups to come on a show for 3 minutes is not exposing Haitian music!!!!! We don't want Hip Hop Kreyol we want Hip Hop America that will pay the bills!!!!!!!!! WHO"S WITH ME ON THIS???????? LET"S GO!"

freshprince of kompa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Dannny P it's time to start pulling our talented musician in our country and start spreading the wealth . we can add and multiply very quickly

mcflipflap

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I AGREE WITH YOU BRO 100%!!!!

Madman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: danny p Reply with quote Back to top

Elaborate on something for me please...

Danny you are saying kill Creole hip hop and lets give black alex a chance...is Black an american hip hop artist...in the sense does he rhyme in english im simply asking cause i don't know....anyone can clarify this for me...please.

MAdman

philosophenoir

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to speak these words to Monsieur Jean....but I didn't have a voice.

Wyclef to me is a selfish brother...He wants to be the MAN....the FACE of Haiti on CNN, BET, MTV....

I know for a fact if he wanted to...he would have Black Alex, Mecca, late Jimmy O featuring on a HIP HOP song...

I guess they'll steal his shine.....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
verrettes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: danny p Reply with quote Back to top

Madman1 wrote:
Elaborate on something for me please...

Danny you are saying kill Creole hip hop and lets give black alex a chance...is Black an american hip hop artist...in the sense does he rhyme in english im simply asking cause i don't know....anyone can clarify this for me...please.

MAdman

i KNOW I HAVE BEEN ON DANNY FOR A WHILE NOW IT IS B/C I KNOW WHO HE IS WHERE HE IS COMING FROM AND WHAT IT TOOK HIM AND THE OTHERS THAT DID NOT MAKE IT AND WHO ARE STILL TRYING, I DO KNOW ABOUT HIM HIS TRUE LIFE STORY, ON NEWKIRK AVE AND EAST 19, SO FROM THERE HE'S ALREADY KNOW WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT, I DON'T LIKE TO GET INTO PEOPLE'S BUZ, BUT THIS ONE HERE IS LIKE ONE OF THE FEW TIMES HE WOULD COME ON HERE AND SAY SOMETHING THAT I DO LIKE, ON THE LAST POST HE MENTIONED ABOUT CYRUS, WELL I GREW UP WIT HTHAT GUY AND HE WAS ON CANIBUS CD THAT THEY WORKED ON AND DANNY AND CYRUS GOT A LITTLE BIT OF CREDIT BUT NOTHING MUCH ALL THAT STAYED WITH CLEF, I JUST DON;T WANT TO GO ON NO MORE, BUT IT IS CRAZY THOUGH HOW RIGHT NOW THIS IS COMING IN THE FOR FRONT. I AM WITH YOU DANNY FOR THOSE WHO DOES NOT KNOW.

Malvo509

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol, THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING IVE EVER READ, Okay Danny P. You need to chill out, you're getting way over yourself, Its not diffcult, wow. Se konye a wap vin di sa. e ou menm, e pa yon preacher son too. Okay fine, i'll go along with you saying clef hasnt done enough. YO, WYCLEF TOOK BLACK ALEX WHEN HE WAS AT HIS WORST, BROUGHT HIM BACK TO THE STATE AND PUT HIM ON TRACKS WITH HIM, ELEPHANT MAN, HAVE HIM ON MTV EUROPE, EXPOSE HIM AND DJAKOUT ON NEW YEAR EVE PARTY FOR MTV. Now, name one thing you've done so far; after all, you are a great producer. Ayisyen ap bat moun an plezi, work for free...

Last edited by Malvo509 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Malvo509

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

philosophenoir wrote:
I wanted to speak these words to Monsieur Jean....but I didn't have a voice.

Wyclef to me is a selfish brother...He wants to be the MAN....the FACE of Haiti on CNN, BET, MTV....

I know for a fact if he wanted to...he would have Black Alex, Mecca, late Jimmy O featuring on a HIP HOP song...

I guess they'll steal his shine.....

Still his shine, wow. Get the industry, until some1 comes ready to take over, then Wyclef has to stay on Top as the Haitian in the AMI, this is not a game, Nou panse tou bagay vini free. Danny p, voye black la hip hop kob, lol, ou funny. Danny Prove wyclef wrong, make something happen, we ll be here to listen to ur story. Rolling Eyes

OZ'MOSIS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Danny,
I agree with some of the things you say here, but don't use this opportunity to diss or disaprove the Creole Hip-hop movement. Do you know the meaning of the movement? Is it only about making money and living the "American Dream" to you?

some people do creole hip hop with a purpose... Creole hip hop is not what Mecca A.K.A Grimo and Blackk Alex do aight?????????...Creole hip hop is what Sky'z da Limit, Seca Konsa, Benchoumy, my homie Dr. Zoe, Jules, Neg Maron, BC, Roc Fam, Bon Flow, and so many real soldiers do....

I don't might you don't rock with it...but don't come here and trying to belitlle Creole Hiphop....

Creole hip hop has meaning to the youth in Haiti who are stuck in poverty and see creole hip hop as a way out....

you're that Americanized or Vanity means that much to you????

lechouchou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AMWEYYYYYYYYYYY............PENALTY POU WYCLEFF AL CHOUTER SAN GUARDIEN NAN CAMP AN

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: