KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WHY SO MUCH HATRED AGAINST THE GUY?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oliwood82

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: WHY SO MUCH HATRED AGAINST THE GUY? Reply with quote Back to top

I'VE NOTICED SINCE THE DEPARTURE OF GRACIA DELVA, NICKENSON PRUD'HOMME, REGINAL CANGE AND FRERO PEOPLE HATE RICHIE AND ZENGLEN TO A POINT WHERE THEY WISH THE BAND SHOULD NOT EXIST ANYMORE, WHY? DID I MISS SOMETHING? OR IS THERE SOMETHING I NEED TO KNOW?....PLEASE KM HELP ME UNDERSTAND OR IF I MISSED SOMETHING SHARE IT PLEASE... CAUSE THE BAND IS PLAYING THE BEST KOMPA THEY HAVE NEVER PLAYED BEFORE AND PEOPLE STILL ON A MISSION TO BASH AND BOYCOTT THE BAND....WHY?

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lakay

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:

lmao

Melfanatik

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This statement is bold, elusive, and dangerous.

Now, the question here should be if there is something we need to know that could help us understand the footing of your hypothesis.

- Who do you feel hate the band?
- Are these people on the streets? Fans? The media? Promoters? KM members?
- Do you hear them defaming Zenglen?
- Do promoters not want to book them?
- Has the hate impinged on the success of Ritchie and Zenglen in any way, shape, form? If so, how?
- Last but not least, if Zenglen is not complaining, why are you? Or are they complaining and we simply don’t know?

From my angle, if there is hate towards Richie and Zenglen, it cannot be from everyone because the band is still prosperous as far as I can tell. If they have fans that are willing to pay to see them, why should they care?

They still have the goods to keep making it big, and I think they have mastered the skin-thickening skill, otherwise how else would they have managed to keep going for so long? Also from my angle, every band receives their particular doses of “hate”; it’s part of entertainment, it’s part of life.

But, I’m still curious to understand where you’re coming from.

oliwood82

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Melfanatik wrote:

Now, the question here should be if there is something we need to know that could help us understand the footing of your hypothesis.

- Has the hate impinged on the success of Ritchie and Zenglen in any way, shape, form? If so, how?
- Last but not least, if Zenglen is not complaining, why are you? Or are they complaining and we simply don’t know?

From my angle, if there is hate towards Richie and Zenglen, it cannot be from everyone because the band is still prosperous as far as I can tell. If they have fans that are willing to pay to see them, why should they care?

They still have the goods to keep making it big, and I think they have mastered the skin-thickening skill, otherwise how else would they have managed to keep going for so long? Also from my angle, every band receives their particular doses of “hate”; it’s part of entertainment, it’s part of life.

I've been keeping up with a lot of posts... radio stations...i've heard people in the streets...im telling you man it's crazy..i dont get it bro..it seems like they expect zenglen to give up after those people left...i thought the band is supose to move on.. i dont get why a lot of people are mad at that...I was in a music store this morning and 2 guys were saying they cant stand zenglen anymore.. i was like what happend? they dont have an explaination...i thought i can get some answers from km or something....

oliwood82

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY MR DJ KREYOL..IT WAS VERY HELPFUL

Melfanatik

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oliwood82 wrote:
Melfanatik wrote:

I've been keeping up with a lot of posts... radio stations...i've heard people in the streets...im telling you man it's crazy..i dont get it bro..it seems like they expect zenglen to give up after those people left...i thought the band is supose to move on.. i dont get why a lot of people are mad at that...I was in a music store this morning and 2 guys were saying they cant stand zenglen anymore.. i was like what happend? they dont have an explaination...i thought i can get some answers from km or something....

Mwen ta vle komanse konprann…

If you feel the hate from posts, to radio stations, to strangers at a music store; have you ever stopped to think that the problem might be Zenglen, not the people ? Maybe something about the band turns them off after the departure of the musicians you mentioned.

But, I still don’t see how it’s affecting Zenglen, much less Ritchie; they are still a highly esteemed and much loved band among fans and fellow musicians. They’re just not going to be everyone’s cup of tea and that is okay as long as they have their fan base.

D K Bess

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Banm prété sa nan min DJ KREYOL... Arrow

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I looked at the title of the thread and I said "Oh wow another Nu-Look/Disip thread... how original".

And then I read it.

And its about Richie.

Who hates Richie?

If people don't like Zenglen, maybe its because Gracia was deported but what does this have to do with Richie?

If people dont like Zenglen, maybe its because Nicky left to create his own band, but what does this have to do with Richie?

C'mon man...

Again, who hate Richie?

There are people in this BUSINESS that are HATED and DESPISED. And trust me Richie is not even in the TOP 5 of that list.

oliwood82

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Melfanatik wrote:
oliwood82 wrote:
Melfanatik wrote:

Mwen ta vle komanse konprann…

If you feel the hate from posts, to radio stations, to strangers at a music store; have you ever stopped to think that the problem might be Zenglen, not the people ? Maybe something about the band turns them off after the departure of the musicians you mentioned.

But, I still don’t see how it’s affecting Zenglen, much less Ritchie; they are still a highly esteemed and much loved band among fans and fellow musicians. They’re just not going to be everyone’s cup of tea and that is okay as long as they have their fan base.

I AGREE WITH YOU.. BUT SOMETIMES ITS NOT THE BANDS IT'S THE PEOPLE THAT NEVER MOVE ON..AYISIEN GEN YON DEFO THEY ALWAYS STUCK ON THE PAST AND THEY ALWAYS WANT THE BAND TO BE STUCK ON THE PAST...IM NOT SAYING EVERYONE SHOULD LIKE THE BAND BUT YOU HAVE TO ADMIT THAT THEY ARE DOING DAMN GOOD APRE 21 ANS..SE SA FANATIK GRACIA YO PA VLE ADMET EVEN THE REGINAL AND FRERO FANS...I THINK IT BOTHERS SOME PEOPLE BECAUSE BAND LAN STILL DOING GOOD MINM LE GRACIA PA LA..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: