Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - WYCLEF "OFFICIAL" PRESS RELEASE ON COMPASFEST!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

WYCLEF "OFFICIAL" PRESS RELEASE ON COMPASFEST!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
konpaconvert

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:
KC,

Mr. Clef is a corporate sponsor for T-Mobile, Ritz and a slew of other products and services.

Therefore this is not an ordinary thing.

If this was Carimi or T-Vice, then yes I would agree to an extent.

But all they had to do was get a signed writing and if they could not get that writing, then not put him on the flier.

Quite simple if you ask me.

But again, this is not even the premise of the thread.

Well now here is where my other issue in this is...both camps are acknowledging the permission of using clef's photo on the flier was granted thereby indicating that the signed contract was a mere formality.

Now where the communication breakdown occurred is futile at this point but one has to wonder if that an lanvers "pale met la' tatic was used by both camps.

Melfanatik

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As a musician who has been dealing in the AMI, my expectations were higher for Clef when it comes to his music affairs, notwithstanding the industry. But it’s clear when it comes to HMI matters Wyclef’s principles find a way to suddenly fly out of the window.

I was hoping that Clef would come together with N&C and the other bands to help convey something exciting, off the hook, genuine, and innovative to the public. But instead, we got two overly concocted and almost paradoxical press releases from both camps thrown at us 48 hours before the event. This nonsense has to stop.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon pa gen anyen ki surprise mwen la non! Confused Cool

philosophenoir

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would not expect this from Noel et Equipe........
I always think highly of them but this is a low blow....
False advertising is bad......

Wyflef, I understand where he is coming from......it's time we learn how to do things the right way.......

By the way, it has been more than 3 months Wyclef has yet to give a report of what His Yele Foundation is doing in Haiti....don't forget to ask him about that.
Lot of cash was collected......just want to know where they went.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
botekreyol

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

philosophenoir wrote:

By the way, it has been more than 3 months Wyclef has yet to give a report of what His Yele Foundation is doing in Haiti....don't forget to ask him about that.

HUM!!! food for thoughts... I'd like to know also Confused

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

botekreyol wrote:
philosophenoir wrote:

HUM!!! food for thoughts... I'd like to know also Confused

Pa vi'n gate post la non... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND....

ReineDiana

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me reiterate on Pat's post that Wyclef wanted his fans to know that he waited because he wanted to give the organizers a chance to do the right thing because this is a Haitian event associated with Haitian Flag Day...had it been any other promotors outside the Haitian Community, they would have been [SUED]!! at this point this is not about money but RESPECT.

Best Regards,
Nadia Aka ReineDiana
-------------------------------------------------------
WYCLEF JEAN!

FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Let me reiterate on Pat's post that Wyclef wanted his fans to know that he waited because he wanted to give the organizers a chance to do the right thing because this is a Haitian event associated with Haitian Flag Day...had it been any other promotors outside the Haitian Community, they would have been [SUED]!! at this point this is not about money but RESPECT.

Best Regards,
Nadia Aka ReineDiana

Reine if I understand your english....est ce que ou vle di nous en francais ke Rodney pat sou paye...ke rodney te sous pran DASSO......so Baby wycleff put a stop put a brake sous KOZE ROULIBEUR SA....Speak to me my pays lady...pays reine... Question Laughing

--Winston Churchill

ReineDiana

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FANMKONESE wrote:
Quote:

Best Regards,
Nadia Aka ReineDiana

Reine if I understand your english....est ce que ou vle di nous en francais ke Rodney pat sou paye...ke rodney te sous pran DASSO......so Baby wycleff put a stop put a brake sous KOZE ROULIBEUR SA....Speak to me my pays lady...pays reine... Question Laughing

Smile Hummmm no comment!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
WYCLEF JEAN!

Toujou La

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Melfanatik wrote:
As a musician who has been dealing in the AMI, my expectations were higher for Clef when it comes to his music affairs, notwithstanding the industry. But it’s clear when it comes to HMI matters Wyclef’s principles find a way to suddenly fly out of the window.

I was hoping that Clef would come together with N&C and the other bands to help convey something exciting, off the hook, genuine, and innovative to the public. But instead, we got two overly concocted and almost paradoxical press releases from both camps thrown at us 48 hours before the event. This nonsense has to stop.

When will the HMI promoters adhere to Industry Standards. After 12 years of success, its simple business practice, if you have a signed agreement you have a commitment, no signed contract no commitment, thats it. If you do business in the US, respect the laws. Lets stop making excuses because its the HMI.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: