Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - NU LOOK'S SO WHAT GETS REPORT CARD FROM RICHIE!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NU LOOK'S SO WHAT GETS REPORT CARD FROM RICHIE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ekzaamp

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Se sa ki bèl lè wap li ou byen tande yon travay on artis fè. Chak moun lib pou li intèprete messaj la an fonksyon de sa li santi ak pèsevwa. Donk se dwa pa Richie paske se sa misye santi lè li tande mizik la ki tout à fè nòmal, men'm jan ak nou ki santi yon lòt bagay ki kontrè ak sa misye santi. Sa depann toujou de ki ang ou kanpe pou ou tande ak wè sa kap fèt la. Donk li pa tap fè sens si tout moun te kanpe nan men'm ang epi wè bagay yo men'm jan.

Donk pou mwen Nu look di So What sa vle di malgre tou Konpa dirèk devan nou pap kanpe se devan nap gade.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your opinon Richie Wink

MenkiJan

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIROMYEL wrote:
I think that richie completely misunderstand the meaning of the song.

The song has two parts pretty much. And I dont think they are contrtadictory.

1. The first part I dont think is meant to express regret, but rather to ackowledge gazzman's contributions to nu-look and thank him.

2. The second part is not meant as a "so what" gazzman is no longer there who cares. But rather "so what" ggazzman is no longer there.... It's unfortunate but life goes on.

Life has gone on in the past when great singers have left their respective bands and the same must go on for NU LOOK.

And I think it is a great concept.

Thks for your opinion maestro.

GOALLLLLLLLLL Laughing Laughing Laughing

Siro KM bezwen wi bo isit la Exclamation Idea

Si'w pat la kisa nou tap fe Question

Gade jan yon Dam ka fe bon analiz lojik mezanmi.. Ahhh m'bay le gain mache. Wink Arrow Very Happy

speedy/kreyol la

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zipgenel wrote:
byen pale again anko...

the only thing...

I understand the contradiction in the lyrics...

Arly thanked gazman for his service epi li retire ko'l...

apre sa nouvo chanteur normal lan paret epi li baton... li menm li pa gen okenn remerciement pou'l bay... Laughing Laughing

furthermore... I don't think arly expressed any regrets in the song...

but apre sa.. maestro an fin pale... epi Richie auteur anpil hit.. mwen pa nan plas pou'm korije'l.. Cool

thats is
mwen dako oui zip

Haitien

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
"Also the title "SO WHAT" contradicts the lyrics to the song. On one hand the lyrics reflect PAIN and REGRET for GAZZMAN's departure, and then the title "SO WHAT" comes and means as if YOU DON'T CARE that GAZZMAN is no longer there.

That's my only problem with the song. Well said sir.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DonGabbana

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: NU LOOK'S SO WHAT GETS REPORT CARD FROM RICHIE! Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
We asked proven HIT MAKER RICHIE to give us the PROS (Good) and CONS (Bad) on NU LOOK's "SO WHAT" song. This is what he told Kompa Magazine.

*PROS: The song is good. A beautiful song. In terms of execution, from the music to the vocals, it was well done. Mizik La Bon..Yon Bel Mizik.

*CONS: It's a "NEW" Nu Look. Could be seen as BAD, and it could be seen as good. The fans that are used to GAZZMAN's voice, I have no idea if this song will reach them or mean anything to them.

"Also the title "SO WHAT" contradicts the lyrics to the song. On one hand the lyrics reflect PAIN and REGRET for GAZZMAN's departure, and then the title "SO WHAT" comes and means as if YOU DON'T CARE that GAZZMAN is no longer there.

*IS IT A HIT SONG: "I DON'T KNOW. I am not even sure if the song was conceived to become a hit song. A simple approach was made to this song I think. Having said that, at the end, it's the CLIENTELE who will decide that. I hope that they do accept this song as well as Disip's song."

KM!

M'ka wè SuperstarMAKER an bay 1 pwen pozitif 1 pwen neutre ke'l foure nan negatif... Why m'pa konnen Laughing Laughing Laughing 1 pwen negatif e li pa kwè se on hit paske li pa kwè yo te konsevwa li pou'l on HIT... Kòm Superstarmaker an se muzisyen e'm pa muzisyen m'pa ka kòmante sou dènye pwen sa Razz

Yvika

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neg Port Margot - Okap wrote:
Neg sa telman "byen pale" ou pa finn ka grasp sa li vle di a...

C'mon onche....

That's being diplomatic for you Laughing !

tibobdenazareth

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My abbreviated review?

Arly is getting better and better as a singer. The first 2 minutes of the song, especially the first part sung by Arly, are very very very inviting.

As for the lyrics, there are two songs here. One of the first 2 minutes and one for the rest of the songs. A nice way to say 2 minutes of great lyrics and X minutes of trash.

Although the great lyrics (of the first 2 minutes) lack poetry in form and in content (not Arly's cup of tea), the words are right on point and very very profound.

The first 2 minutes of lyrics take the "high road" or BETTER YET, avoid taking the affront to a mouthy Gazzman clearly benefiting from a huge admiration from the public to the detriment of Arly. The rest of the words taht were SUPPOSED to be "lyrics" are senseless, soulless and regretful trashy under the stomach low jabs with no cathiness; effectively cancelling the good sweet taste of the first 2 minutes of the song with its annoying bitterness.

In summary, the song could have been an epic work if the first 2 minutes were strecthed to become the true basis of the whole song in lyrics and level and melody.

It could score a "B" grade if the song but under the highly competitive atmosphere and the high expectations from the public, that's a "C" with a Capital "D"

tibobdenazareth

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: NU LOOK'S SO WHAT GETS REPORT CARD FROM RICHIE! Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:

We asked proven HIT MAKER RICHIE to give us the PROS (Good) and CONS (Bad) on NU LOOK's "SO WHAT" song. This is what he told Kompa Magazine.

*PROS: The song is good. A beautiful song. In terms of execution, from the music to the vocals, it was well done. Mizik La Bon..Yon Bel Mizik.

*CONS: It's a "NEW" Nu Look. Could be seen as BAD, and it could be seen as good. The fans that are used to GAZZMAN's voice, I have no idea if this song will reach them or mean anything to them.

*IS IT A HIT SONG: "I DON'T KNOW. I am not even sure if the song was conceived to become a hit song. A simple approach was made to this song I think. Having said that, at the end, it's the CLIENTELE who will decide that. I hope that they do accept this song as well as Disip's song."

KM!

The maestro is right on ALL points given the NEED for diplomacy in its responses. In short, this is the most truthful and correct feedback you can get despite the chains of diplomatic positioning.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: