Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - Remaking a Song of our own for Haiti
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Remaking a Song of our own for Haiti

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salime

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Remaking a Song of our own for Haiti Reply with quote Back to top

While non haitians artists are remaking songs for Haiti, like We are the World about we remake an Haitian song for benefit of Haiti. I love that song titled "Main dans la main" and I remember as a little girl listening to that song, I did not fully understand the message but than again I knew it was powerful! If there is producer or artist out there that has vision, Now it is the time to remake that Song " Main dans la main". Haiti needs that, MORE than ever!
Can you imagine, that song being remake with artists from the New Generation and older: Emeline, Nia, Roberto, Richie, Gazzman, Arly, Michael, Pipo, Jude Jean, Alan Cave, MacD, Pouchon, TJo etcc.. What a vision!
Main dans La main(Kata)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k19T2PIylc&feature=PlayList&p=D185470C194E0459&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=43

I am not sure how to post a video but here I posted the link from youtube above.

Pat, I am sorry If I am breaking any rules but it is for a good cause:)

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember that song.

It is indeed beautiful

Haitien

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THat's a great idea. I would buy it on iTunes...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Neg Thiotte

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tres bonne idee! I'd buy it.

---Ti Mitou---

salime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Itunes would be a great idea to promote and market that song.

kafou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THAT SONG WAS THE S*&^ THEN!

WE USED TO SING THAT SONG BACK IN PRIMaRY SCHOOL THE FELLAS AND ME.

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

Diva Duck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember being in the 5th grade and visiting Haiti for the first time after this song was released. I still remember the lyrics. That was a beautiful song and the lyrics were so poignant.

I would buy a remake of this song.

It's good to see these videos surfacing on You Tube. I remember a post on the old board where Fabrice had mentioned many of these old videos were lost because the TV stations recorded on many of the old tapes.

"Nothing new can come into your life...unless you are grateful for what you already have."

FUNKY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love the idea....they should really think abt it Wink

D K Bess

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trè bèl idé... Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: