KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RICHIE "10 ANS PLUS TARD": SONG BY SONG BREAKDOWN
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: RICHIE "10 ANS PLUS TARD": SONG BY SONG BREAKDOWN Reply with quote Back to top

Here is our mini BREAKDOWN of the RICHIE "10 ANS PLUS TARD" CD.

*10 ANS PLUS TARD: A compas workout song that will do well at bals. There is really no memorable hooks/melodies to it; but there is an irresistible keyboard in the middle of the song that will get every single sweat of you out on that dance floor. There is a guitar in there that reminds me of Tabou Combo's "Zapatan" (Cok La Mande Zapatan)...Not the actual title of the song. All in all, it is a great song for the dance floor.

*DON'T LET GO: A very sensitive topic talking about married couples having to work on their relationships if they are having issues; instead of just giving up. A Nice "KOLE SERE" song with a nice guitar by EL POZO when he first appears on the song. A Very commercial track.

*NANOU: DOUBY & DABENZ did not do the message of the song justice with their "Voye MONTE" happy go lucky performances on the track. A serious message of that magnitude due to what we described by the two singers; simply missed the mark. We told RICHIE when he previewed the song for us before the cd came out that the message would not go through THAT way. We were right.

*CAP HAITIEN JE T'AIME: The intro is along the same lines as the Carimi "Carry Me" intro. It is a nice feel good song down memory lane tribute to the place where Richie grew up. It is not what we would call a typical commercial or radio friendly song...BUT I SIMPLY LOVE THIS SONG because it tugs at the heart strings for whatever reason. It makes you feel as if you are "HOME", even if you are NOT from Cap-Haitien.

*GEN MON LI BAY: Funny subject to do a song about. There is a ROCK GUITAR on this track that is to die for. The line "CONNECTION MAL FET...KOURAN PA PASSE", as well as another EL POZO guitar that will do damage when they play this song live; makes it one of the most enjoyable tracks on the cd.

*JE T'AIME (Pipo.Jude Jean. Tantan): Pipo kicks off this medley of French songs COMPAS STYLE, with a powerful performance displaying his awesome vocal range. Jude Jean comes in after and does not drop the ball with his performance. Tantan brings it home with his unique voice at the end. This track is "ZOUK ANTILLES" market GOLD all the way; unfortunately a video for this song WON'T be done because it won't do anything for ZENGLEN because the 3 singers are part of different bands. A Mistake by the way if the video is not done. It would be to RICHIE's advantage as a solo artist, as well as for the CD if a video was done for this track.

*DOGGY STYLE (Happy 20): This song should have been a bigger hit than it was. The song is pure groove ecstasy, radio friendly and commercial. LIVE SE PA PALE. Having said that, Richie needs to give up on that HAPPY .....series. We got Happy 50, this one is Happy 20, let's hope there's not a Happy 15th, 30th or whatever. ATIS LA, Kite lot moun celebre fet important nan HMI la. You've done your share to raise awareness to these important dates. (Lol). Richie, you do not want people to be confused about which song is Happy 50, or 20, or 30, or...you get the drift.

*LINITE: DADOU PASQUET and TOP ADLERMAN make a great team on this track accompanied by the superstar maker himself on vocals. A great groovy message song with the always good to hear vocals of the legendary Dadou Pasquet. Richie actually shows some vocal range on this track that we've yet to hear from him on any other song that we can remember from him.

*I SMELL LOVE: The second MEDDLEY song on the record features Alexandra of "Mwen Renmen'w" fame, Nia, Mac D., Sanders and more. They all deliver vocally on this remix of American Pop songs. Compared to the other medley on the cd, this ones comes in second best to me, but it is still a great job on the track. This is the kind of thing that Richie does in his sleep.

*THE TRUTH: A Jazz instrumental workout featuring NICOLINA and others, which can easily be played on any jazz format radio program in the U.S or anywhere for that matter. Sometimes you ask yourself why some HMI artists who excel at these other genres of music; don't try to push or promote these tracks to other markets to their target audiences. Sadly, this might be another one of those tracks who just stays here in the Haitian market; and does not go any further, not because of the quality of the song, rather because of the lack of marketing. A superb effort.

THE BOTTOM LINE: The CD "really" has 10 songs, but with an INTRO (Short one), and a track entitled "KABAN", which is really an "OUTRO", this might lead a consumer to believe that the cd has 12 songs, when in reality it's 10 songs.

MWEN JWEN NOUVEL LA Richie. It simply shows an artist at the top of his game/craft. He is a master of what he does, and this cd demonstrates that once again. Richie has to be careful so that his style in terms of LYRICS (Happy....and Formula) does not get old on some, but he also has plenty in his bag to show you that he can take you on another route in terms of musical adventure like he does here as well.

Is RICHIE the most complete artist of HIS generation?
Is RICHIE an HMI legend in the making, building his legacy brick by brick?

WE'RE JUST ASKING QUESTIONS.....It's up to you to make up your minds and seriously ponder if he is far or close to being in the categories mentioned above.

RICHIE......KOMPA MAGAZINE JWEN NOUVEL LA....., and yes...IT IS GOOD NEWS. To the fans out there...CHACHE JWEN NOUVEL LA ON YOUR OWN!

KM!

DJ Don

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: LI FEL ANKO Reply with quote Back to top

MWEN MENM MWEN JUS RETE BOUCH BE, PASKE GEN DE MIZIK, " CAP HAITIEN AVEK LINITE " MEZANMI SE GRO KOZE. JOU APRE JOU, NAN ALBUM , NAN LIVE PERFOMANS RICHIE AP MONTRE TOUT VALE KEL GEN NAN MIZIK AYISYEN AN.MWEN GEN 25 KAN E MWEN TANDE ANPIL KOMPA, MISYE MAKE LAVI MWEN, PASKE MWEN RENMEN KOMPA E MWEN KWE KE OU GEN DWA PA RENMEN MAESTRO A MEN OU PA KA PALE DE KOMPA 10 DENEYE ANE SAN PALE DE LI, KOMPLIMAN RICHIE.OU KANN DI MWEN , MWEN DI KE OU POKO WE ANYEN LA, MANDE BON DYE POUL BAL LAVI AK SANTE, WA TANDE, KOM OU JWEN NOUVEL.MAESTRO ESPERE YON JOU MA GEN CHAMS SA NAN LAVI MWEN, GEN CHANS RANKONTRE POU FE W KOMPLIMAN SA YO FAS A FAS. MOUN KI TAP DI KENNY PA DELIVRE YO, MAP TANN YO

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the review, KM! Cool

Nou jwen nouvel la! Very Happy

oliwood82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FRANSHMAN, PA GEN YON MOUN KI KA SITER YON MIZIK NAN ALBUM SAA KI PA BON! MAES LA FE TOUT SAK GEN NAN KOMPA DEJA
PA GEN ENYEN LI POKO FE, SA KE MWEN RINMIN AK MAES RICHIE, HE ALWAYS MAKE SONGS THAT MEAN SOMETHING, THAT STANDS FOR SOMETHING, SONGS LIKE: HAPPY 50, CAP HAITIEN JE TAIME, LINITE, PAPA, MANMAN, HAPPY 20, BS PRODUCTION, TI BEBE, NANOU ETC. THOSE ARE SONGS THAT WILL LAST FOR EVER. HE HAS ONE SKILL THAT STAND OUT ABOVE ALL PRODUCERS IN THE HMI, WHICH IS CREATIVITY AND CLEVERNESS FOR EXAMPLE SONGS LIKE: 5 DWET, 5 KONTINAN, GINETTE, FKD, 5 SENS, 5 SENS +1, 5EME VITES, GEN MOUN LI BAY, CHILD SUPPORT, PAL LOKAL, MWEN PAP TOUNEN, MMS JUST TO NAME A FEW, I MEAN THE LIRYCS TO THOSE SONGS ARE THINGS YOU NEVER HEAR FROM NO OTHER PRODUCER IN THE HMI, RICHIE TOOK KOMPA TO ANOTHER LEVEL.
NOW LET'S SEE HIS ABILITIES: BEST PRODUCER WE HAVE FOR THIS DECADE, TOP 3 BEST DRUMMER, A VERY GOOD SINGER, TOP 3 BEST BAND LEADER. HAS MORE HITS THAN ANY PRODUCER FOR THIS PAST DECADE, I DONT SEE WHAT ELSE IS MISSING FROM HIS RESUME THAT COULD OF STOPED HIM FROM BEING A LEGEND, ON TOP OF THAT, HE IS 1 OF THE 2 PEOPLE THAT GOT THEIR STATUS MADE IN HAITI.---------------- SO RICHIE IS A LIVING LEGEND AND THATS MY OPINION.

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mwen jwenn nouvel la tou wi, map dil fort richie pa fe muzic pou ayisyen selman li toujou gen yon ti instrumental or a salsa song or something to drop on his projects, se atis tout tendance se sa yo rele a true artist, you can dislike the man but respect his talent and give credit where it's due, thx pat for the review; good read
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

Gentleman1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mwen jwen nouvel kenk jouuuuuuuuuuuu Laughing Laughing Laughing
epi se bon nouvel wi
se pa bagay konsa konsa non
bon nouvellllllllll Wink Wink

Thanx Pat

ZENGLEN PI RED

Ernst

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: RICHIE "10 ANS PLUS TARD": SONG BY SONG BREAKD Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pat for the review. Let me start by answering your questions. YES, Richie is the most complete musician of his generation, he's by far the best musician over the last decade. When it's all done, he'll be a hall of famer. Saying all that, this album doesn't do it for me. Maybe, I'm not beeing fair to Richie, but when it comes to Richie I expect more base on what he used to produce.

bugzy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanx for the review pat ,
album ap mache tres byen
telke mizik

NANOU..

GEN MOUN LI BAY ...

LINITE..

DONT LET GO....

ALSO 10 ANS PLUS TARD ......

SE YON ALBUM KI PRAL BAY ANPIL FRAPMAN Smile Smile
FIDEL WI PAPA......
ZENGLEN WI PAPA
EPI MY NAME STILL Bugzy Bug

katalog vil la

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nicely done Pat......kayie-a tou korije san fot e san rati.

ZENGLEN 4EVER!!!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yef

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pat,

Thanks for the review.
All I gotta say is that this album is rotating in my car all the time.

I'm just going to focus on one song that I'm loving way more than the rest. When the album gets there, I just put it on repeat: Gen moun li bay!! Gade yon Mizik!!

I hear there are a lot of politics on the board, but anyone who loves konpa will admire this piece of art work!!!

Mwen jwenn nouvel la KLERRRR!

-Fabrice Rouzier

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: