Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - Collin Powel on Haiti - USA owes Haiti Billions!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Collin Powel on Haiti - USA owes Haiti Billions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PIYO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:

PIYO

Maybe a bit of reflection of the last 100 yrs it clear to me US wants Haiti they would have done something about Haiti many years ago. They occupied Haiti in 1915 build all of its infrastructure that we see today including funding the Palace we Haitians admire so much as a symbol of the country, a US funded building. They left after a couple of radicals fought and from 1936-to present turned to shit and with very minimal improvements to the infrastructure which lead to massive deaths we see in Haiti.

In that one you just told us how 1915 benefited HAITI not U.S.

Haitianone wrote:
I hope you are not one those belligerents who believe Haitians, the way they run their country now, will rebuild Haiti stronger and better. .

I am not one of those.

Haitianone wrote:
If you not notice UN, EU, and the US are leading the rebuilding process with Clinton being the head not the Haitian president. Actually, they gave the Haitian president very minimal say then again what could the president counter.

I assume you meant that Clinton is more capable that Preval (which I agree) so he is leading the rebuilding process which will be again better for HAITI not the US

Haitianone wrote:
You realize Haitians cannot rebuild without the help of these institutions so what worth is Haitian independence if Haitians cannot even rebuild their own nation on their own say. It is a fallacy that many Haitians in Haiti know quite well we never really had a REAL government and now after this earthquake it quite clear to me after the big powers rebuild that place they will not just give it over to the Haitians to ppppp it up again.

16 billion is going to be spent here and I doubt the big players, especially the US will just Haitians continue on their merry old fucked ways to turn the country to shits once again.

You are just assuming. Again How would it benefit the U.S. in managing whatever plan they have for the rebuilding after everything is done.

Haitianone wrote:
Given how successful places like Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands operate, personally I would not mind some of that expertise is provided to Haiti. The US got the expertise and the manpower to make it happen and Haitians just do not. My people deserve better then what they are getting now under the name of some BS independence. They cannot eat, feed their children, or even educate themselves all under the name of Haitian independence. So what is worth so Haitians can tell their peers they were first black republic while our people die under rubble while the government does shit.

How would it benefit the American people

Haitianone wrote:
Haitians will not change until something drastic is done and trust me the play is on. You know Americans are good at playing games and have 13,000 troops on call and I read their preparing for reconstruction right now. .

How is that 13,000 troops and the reconstruction will benefit the US not Haiti?

Haitianone wrote:
Given the earthquake exposed unknown amount natural gas reserves and oil, the Americans have all the motivation to do something with Haiti and maybe Haitians can learn something from the Americans as well, especially how to run place effectively.

So why do you think Chavez has been so generous toward Haiti. And who used to own the oil in Venezuela. So you really believe it's with the Earthquate the big guys knew Haiti had Oil?

PIYO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
What solutions, do you propose to help Haiti?

Well you might think I am Joking. B4 I used to have more faith in the new generation. I used to dream of a combination of Young Professionals in the Diaspora and Young guys leaving in Haiti.

But after what I have seen in Haiti couple weeks ago, I am completely lost.

And the ones I had a lot of doubts were the ones who actually were active even on the hard conditions we know: PNH

Haitianone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PIYO wrote:
Haitianone wrote:
What solutions, do you propose to help Haiti?

Well you might think I am Joking. B4 I used to have more faith in the new generation. I used to dream of a combination of Young Professionals in the Diaspora and Young guys leaving in Haiti.

But after what I have seen in Haiti couple weeks ago, I am completely lost.

And the ones I had a lot of doubts were the ones who actually were active even on the hard conditions we know: PNH

There is a whole generation of men and women who would have made up a educated class that are now under the rubble. This is a disaster beyond comprehension and I do not believe any Haitian politicians or their affiliates can save Haiti. This requires discipline which the Haitian political class has neither.

Piyo, Haiti needs help or otherwise it will become pariah state like Afghanistan and nobody wants that. I got faith in Haitian people but they need guidance and couple of decades of training to make Haiti work. The political system is broken and there is no legitimate judiciary. How is this going to work?

The laws preventing the diaspora come in is stand in the books and trust me if certain Haitians want to destroy the diaspora they will institute the laws.

Now a former US President is now running the show for reconstruction in Haiti, don't you find that odd? I do but it only a piece of the grand master plan. Statehood will not happen today, tomorrow, but in a couple of decades but trust me it is in the book.

Ranfo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We do need help NOT to re-build what was there, but to modernize and
construct a new infrastructure that will enable Haiti to compete with the
big boys. We need financial help and the know how.

I do not mind that Clinton is leading the cause, but we have to keep him
in check as well because he just awarded a $100k no-bid contract to one
of his buddies... So se pa selman Politisyen Ayisien ki gin twou nan manch.

The plan is simple and is as follow:
1. Build a solid infrastructure
2. Roads that connects the capital to all 9 departments
3. communications networks (Voice and Data)
4. Potable Water filtration systems
5. Electricity, using Solar and waste to energy (God knows we have lot of garbage)
6. and one institution that will honestly collect taxes from businesses in order to bring in revenue to the Government.
7. Develop building codes and enforce it moving forward

Rj production

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ranfo wrote:

5. Electricity, using Solar and waste to energy (God knows we have lot of garbage)
6. and one institution that will honestly collect taxes from businesses in order to bring in revenue to the Government.

all clinton has been doing is giving money to his people then come around blame the haitian government like they did something wrong when all the money is in his and his frinds hand. why do you fanmi lasante get $52m in less then month for helping with waht just happen when their part wasn't even affected by it. just like the french did it they are robing us at gun point but they are making us look bad in the process my man

Haitianone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:
Ranfo wrote:

all clinton has been doing is giving money to his people then come around blame the haitian government like they did something wrong when all the money is in his and his frinds hand. why do you fanmi lasante get $52m in less then month for helping with waht just happen when their part wasn't even affected by it. just like the french did it they are robing us at gun point but they are making us look bad in the process my man

Ranfo -- the no contract bid was given to someone who can actually deliver the product. So sure Clinton as some affiliation with them but they can do the work assigned. You must understand the clearance was done by the UN so go to sleep with that nonsense.

Secondly, who is going to do all that stuff you listed? That is worth $16 Billion, yeah simple alright in a corrupt country. Wi monche!!!!

RJ, please stop trying to act like a crime was committed because we all know the biggest crime was done by your makat pals Preval and Bellerive.

Anyway, Bellerive is crying so nap suiv. I imagine the local connect is crying as well. I love it one day I want the French in Haiti and the next day French are killers and rapists. How Haitians are they good like you Preval and Bellerive crowds? I doubt it they steal all the money for the Gonaives reconstruction remember that. I know I did not forget.

Wait a minute, it took me a while to figure out what you are saying here. You blaming Clinton for not giving directly to Preval the $52 Million. Did you forget these people are crooks? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rj production

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haitianone wrote:
Rj production wrote:
Ranfo wrote:

Ranfo -- the no contract bid was given to someone who can actually deliver the product. So sure Clinton as some affiliation with them but they can do the work assigned. You must understand the clearance was done by the UN so go to sleep with that nonsense.

Secondly, who is going to do all that stuff you listed? That is worth $16 Billion, yeah simple alright in a corrupt country. Wi monche!!!!

RJ, please stop trying to act like a crime was committed because we all know the biggest crime was done by your makat pals Preval and Bellerive.

Anyway, Bellerive is crying so nap suiv. I imagine the local connect is crying as well. I love it one day I want the French in Haiti and the next day French are killers and rapists. How Haitians are they good like you Preval and Bellerive crowds? I doubt it they steal all the money for the Gonaives reconstruction remember that. I know I did not forget.

Wait a minute, it took me a while to figure out what you are saying here. You blaming Clinton for not giving directly to Preval the $52 Million. Did you forget these people are crooks? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

i guess giving it to farmer and all their vole makes it better that's what i'm talking about H1 you so focus on the haitian government fault but everything clinton soros and farmer does is OK cause they are blan they most know what they doing

and so waht that company was clear by the UN which doesn't mean nothing cause who represent the UN in haiti none other then your boy clinton yap bay chat veye manteg ala kote ou tande papa gon get that on bing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Haitianone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rj production wrote:
Haitianone wrote:
Rj production wrote:
Ranfo wrote:

i guess giving it to farmer and all their vole makes it better that's what i'm talking about H1 you so focus on the haitian government fault but everything clinton soros and farmer does is OK cause they are blan they most know what they doing

and so waht that company was clear by the UN which doesn't mean nothing cause who represent the UN in haiti none other then your boy clinton yap bay chat veye manteg ala kote ou tande papa gon get that on bing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well, the difference being when Preval was giving out contracts in Gonaives and nothing got done while the contracts Clinton signed off was cleared by the UN a governing body you know there is a big differences because people are watching and the company does actually exist and does REAL work in the PAST. You know something your pal Preval and Co. do not understand.

You call Farmer a vole because he has given the local connect any money they want to steal and you think people give too shit. If your position was valid I think the whole world press would have ran with that story but like usual your story ain't clear because you are crying to ask Farmer and Clinton to give unaccounted money to makats like Preval and friends. People are watching man, $52 Million to makats is something they cannot do no more man!!!!

Now today, UN and France are bad guys but Preval is sooooooo good you must be on crack.

If I was you I would watching out why Bellerive was crying in a 40 min interview. I think it is more interesting then this fluff you are crying about. Al bay the government $52 Million, ask the poor guy living street in PAP should anyone give Preval and friends any money and you already know the answer!!! Cool

princessj

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

H1 darling, my sincerely and humble suggestion to you is to simply apply for U.S. citizenship if you haven't already been naturalized by now and be done with this whole turn Haiti into a U.S. territory dream of yours...it's not gonna happen. Just enjoy the riches of this country and put the U.S. flag outside your door for all to see, meanwhile the majority of us love our flag just fine as it is...no stars needed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ranfo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

princessj wrote:
H1 darling, my sincerely and humble suggestion to you is to simply apply for U.S. citizenship if you haven't already been naturalized by now and be done with this whole turn Haiti into a U.S. territory dream of yours...it's not gonna happen. Just enjoy the riches of this country and put the U.S. flag outside your door for all to see, meanwhile the majority of us love our flag just fine as it is...no stars needed.

Wiii ****.... Shocked
Bon Princess fi'n pale wi la... epi kes kloz

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: