Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - EMELINE MICHEL, FANM VANYAN CHAPO BA
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

EMELINE MICHEL, FANM VANYAN CHAPO BA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FANMKONESE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bon bagay and I hope various doors open for Emeline now..........I was not crazy about the selection and was trilled that she was part of this world stage event. Cool

--Winston Churchill

Faby75

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CatDog wrote:
I guess I'm the only one that didn't like her performance because of her choice of song. There are so many beautiful Haitian song out there that she could have use why that song. I know some of you will say it's because she probably wanted people to understand her but guess what music has no language barrier, you don't have to understand a song to be move by it. I feel like if she has chosen a haitian song the way she would sing it with that powerful voice and the emotion that would have been behind singing in your own language would have still move people. MY OPINION YALL

Thank you Cat!!! I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I didn't want to say that and seem like I'm not supporting my own, but I wasn't impressed with that performance at all. Wyclef on the other hand took me out of the overwhelming sadness I felt watching the show.

Originalsemwen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

m te kontan we Emelyne, li reprezante wi.

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I liked Emeline's performance.

I think she could have sang that song and a creole song... merge them into one.

I loved clef's performance. It was perfect to me. He could have added a little konpa in the mix but it was alright.

I was enjoying the leogane rara.

Misye te sanble on bon houngan.

rocketman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SHE DID WELL BUT, I WAS EXPECTING SOME OF HER BEAUTIFUL CREOLE SONGS INSTEAD. ANYWAY IT WAS ALL GOOD TO ME.

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

koulieya nou lage nan dada Ememine Michel?
mwen ba nou legen bow icit la... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

freeda

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow wow wow,,despite the agony our Haitian people are going through right now, some of you never fail to show your true self and how your mentality will never change,,,,,,
if i can recall correctly the concert was about HAITI and its people who are in great needs in the mist of darkness, sorrow and uncertainties..... yet some of you have the audacity to come and criticize the performers performance,,, YES,,, we are all entitle of our opinions but damn how about focusing on the the positive and real aspects of the event,

each and every single one of us might have someone dearly to us or knows friends who lost their love ones during this heart broken catastrophe. YET your focus is not on the love and caring the American and Haitian superstars have shown last night with lot of emotions BUT on who did this and what they should have done instead,,,,,

i bet you many of you have no motives to go home right this second and help even if you could but you can sit behind this pc and be a food critic.

what have you done so far for your people who greatly need your help,,,IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO REMEDY THIS DISASTER EVEN CONTRIBUTING 1 DOLLAR TO A DONATION PLACE I SUGGEST YOU START LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO DONATE AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE,,,,,,AND IF YOU REALLY HAVE NOT DONE SO YOU SHOULD BE A SHAME OF YOURSELF AND CALLING YOURSELF HAITIAN,,

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A true diva, on fanm total pou anpil nan jeunes medames nou yo ta suiv. Emeline did a great job. Thx for representing us.

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

Diva Duck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Emeline's performance was wonderful! I know many of my American colleagues were like "who is that?" and it became a great opportunity to introuduce them to her music and now they love her too.

Despite the song selection, I was just happy to FINALLY see a Haitian artist on the telethon. This was a telethon with the Big Stars in the Music world and she definitely fell into that circle.

My opinion on Clef's performance: I did not see the purpose of Melki singing background (she can't sing for sh8t). Perhaps it would have been a great opportunity to feature some other artists, but it was not a showcase of up and coming artists, it was a telethon to bring attention to Haiti.

"Nothing new can come into your life...unless you are grateful for what you already have."

belfam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

her performance gave me chills she did not have
to sing in kreyol it was not a talent showcase se mande
nou tap mande pou peyi nou se an angle pou nou mande-l
se on bagay ki byen oganize yo tap fe nan yon peu de temps
bay mounn zorey avek afe chante an kreyol nou an
Arrow
Good job Emeline ou fe mounn yo santi soufrans ak tribilasyon
pep nou an ap andire MESI anpil and RESPE Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: