Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - A LESSON ON HAITI
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

A LESSON ON HAITI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benny Blanco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

G5, misyer se yon moun fo'l li yer.. Ti bot anglais misyer konnen'a, misyer konnen li rive et li gen ase l'espri pou'l dirije yon peyi... Mwen di'w, mwen se lan aeroport mwen pral travay an Ayiti, paske gen anpil neg se sou ban mwen pral mete yo chita lan aeroport, pou'm touner yo Etas Unis pa premier okazyon...
G54life wrote:
OZ'MOSIS wrote:
MALERE VWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....LESPRI MALEREEEEEE VWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....SE AVEK MANJE SELMAN LI KA PANSE....LOL.......

I do not really understand the statement above but '' Jan MALERE YO AP SOUFFRI LA'A nan moman an MOUIN PA KWE KE YO KAPAB PENSE AVEK ANYIN ANKO. bayo manje pou yo sa viv et pui ya ka panse paske apre tou nou haitien se ne vanyan nou ye

HIPchick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sanrick wrote:
My question is, where is HIPchick?

Map mande'm si li pas Haiti ki raison ki fe li kouri vini icit eske se pas paske li (including all of us) paka occupe tet nou ki fe nou kouri vin nan pays blanc pou occupation? Et pi kounyea nou pas vle blanc al okipe nou?

Kafou, H1, Fanm & others avec nou map mache. Li leu li tan pou nou try yon new bagay.

Sanrick,

I can understand EVERYONE's point-of-view and why, EXCEPT what makes YOU assume that everyone who lives in America, whose parents were not born there, are running away from somewhere. I live here for the same reason I considered living in Paris for 2 years and for the same reason I moved to Haiti for 2 years when I decided to start HIP Magazine. The place I choose to live is always based on professional and personal factors and none of them hold any "woy m pral kouri al nan peyi blan an" reasoning which is the reasoning I find fault with. There are many other nations whose people have moved to the U.S. and many of them are of the White race so se pa nan peyi blan an yap kouri.

You can want change, but the fact that many of you keep referring to PEYI BLAN AN (actually many Whites have roots elsewhere and came here after World Wars) shows a contempt for your own race (note I did not say heritage, nationality or country, I said RACE as in being Black). The Black Americans were cast aside in this country, but they fought the war as well. So did Haitians and Americans so this is not PEYI BLAN an to me. This is the stereotype that others believe and assumptions other people make about Haitians because you make it too: they are living here because their family is poor in Haiti. That is not nor was it ever the case for myself and many others that I know so please stop it with this way of thinking. I come from a family with a history of sticking it out in their country, mine included. It so happens that I also consider the U.S. my country since I was born here and like to live in both. I am not saying that those who leave Haiti are bad, but please stop making it seem that the only ones who speak of an unoccupied Haiti don't know anything about the country or that they are in the U.S. because they are seeking refuge. That's not my case and I'm sure it's not the case of many others.

Like I said, I understand point-of-views, but the difference between many of you and I is your willingness to assume that because I am against occupation that I am sitting around doing nothing in the Blan's country. No, I live in America and doing what I can from there. Since you seem to be so intrigued with what I'm doing and where I am: I will be on my way to Haiti tomorrow and have already raised many funds and collected thousands of supplies for the cause.

DJ Kreyol, I will post a reply to your question as soon as I can (getting last-minute travel things ready), but I just wanted to make sure to answer the very sarcastic and rude remarks on where I live, my supposedly refuge in the "PEYI BLAN" and so on. I don't think anyone here can say I addressed them in a rude manner, however I cannot say the same. My post was to start an interesting debate where we could be civilized towards eachother and enlighten and learn from eachother.

nenevice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yanvaloo wrote:

I tell you guys what ...Whatever is going to make a difference then Mi'm ti bagay la ..I'll be all for it ...

Cause you know what every year some1 say they can do better just for me to watch it get worse . Pride haven't been taking us anywhere

Avew map mache patizan!

I'm all for anything that would take Haiti to a new direction...... blan mannan ou pa... I'm freaking tired with the lips service by our so-called fosident/ leaders magouyeur/blofeur

Viv occupation anba tout malfwendeng!

Changed is what we need! Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2 pye Haiti lan yon grenn soulye...
Men konprann pozisyon moun kap mande pou statehood yo..
E mwen konprann moun ki pa dako yo..
Sa fe la penn pou yon peyi goumen pou indepandans li e pi 200 zan apre pou li remet li bay menm moun ke li te goumen avek...
Mwen dako ke pa gen okunn institusyon kap byen funksyone en Haiti men se pa totalman fot ayisyen..
Peyi etrsange yo te toujou sipote vye gouvennman kowonpu..
Se kom si se yon plan ke yo te gen pou Haiti pou li te rive lan eta ki li ye lan moman sa'a...
Mwen pa panse ke okupasyon se yon bon opsyon e mwen pa panse non plus ke nou kapab gouverne tet nou..
Mwen panse ke 2 pye Haiti lan yon grenn soulye e mwen pa reyelman konnen ki bon pou li lan moman sa'a..
Map kontinue tande opinyon experts bow icit yo toujou...

kattdakitten

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since this thread is titled a "lesson on Haiti", I thought I would also contribute the little bit that I know as well. How about we start by retracing the paths of history: some lived, and the other part was through the pages of personal readings.

Circa 94-95, Haiti went through a set of miltary operations which intially stated as "operation combat" but then shifted to "operation reconstruction" and "peace keeping." It started with Opreation Uphold Democracy followed by the blue helmet crew aka The UNMH. the latter's purpose was to retore "democracy" in Haiti by reinstating the former priest turned president: Aristide, into power. Did any of those work for the best of the country? Absolutely not! We've been heading futher down the pit since then.

Very early in the 90's a series of "coups d'ètat" claimed the lives of about six(6) Haitian presidents. A group of Germans then profited of the chaos to "penetrate nannan Ayiti". To assure owership of land, they married into affluent Haitian Families which became their constitutional right through their legal union. Meanwhile, our "American Neighbors" were fearing the impact of such a German integration on their businesses, most noticeably: HASCO(The Haitian American Sugar Company) on Haitian soil. Now, don't get me wrong, The HASCO did provide jobs to a large number of factory workers BUT I don't quite comprehend the "HAITIAN" part of its title since it an AMERICAN onwed entity. To ensure their multi- billion generated business, a group of US MArines were deployed to Haiti with the mission "to protect Americans and foreign interests." Again, the initial mission was re-shifted into yet another dubbed " peace keeping" operation. However, early on they assumed total control over the National Treasury, The Banking System, and The Customs .ie the control of the inflow & outflow of the goods of the country. Cha-Ching!

By then, we have accrued many debts to the French & The Americans. When Prseident Bobo refused to pay up, the "occupation" prolonged for even a longer period of time. NOTICE: I didn't use the word OCCUPATION 'til now.Through their efforst to disguise their many operations as "peace keeping and rebuilding". the word vanished from our minds altogether. I wanted to give a rendition hoping you'd realize on your own that we were one more than once instance occupied. NEVETRHELESS, Haiti the, for the first time withnessed am exceptional growth, an impressive upshift in infrastucture with hundreds of bridges being built, an irrigation sytem providingng clean water, stable buildings which became our landmwarks years later. No longer was our education system a traditional carbon copy of the French's but an intrusion and almagation, an emphasisof our African heritage was being implemented. The Agriculture sector blossomed but we also became more modernized as Haiti became the first country in Latin American to have automatic phone service.

In every situation, there are pros and cons, good and bad but when it ultimately produces a greater good, we must aquiesce placing false pride aside.

Is an occupied Haiti the worst thing that could actually happen to our beloved? We haven't an active and capbable Governmen't, a system of "laissez-faire"(Chak moun fè sa yo vle, lè yo vle, jan yo vle). We haven't any means of daily living or a support sytem, zero infrastructure. Our children , the future of the nation are being adopted internationally. We are not "the haves" nation we once were but a nation of resilient people who deserve a break form their long term sufferings. Did pride prevent the thousand of deaths brought upon by the quake or the destruction? It took 35 seconds to eradicate the capital and man of its surroundings. Has the Haitian Flag which floated above the National Palacebeen risen back from the dèbris since then? We are in dire need of a rebirth. PRIDE IS AN ATTITUDE not a state of being! NO OCCUPATION CAN ERADICATE OUR RICH HISTORY OR THE HAITIAN PRIDE WHICH RUNS DEEP WITHIN OUR VEINS. Not even a 7.0 quake can or could achieve such an act!

Please ponder on this quote by activist Cesar Chavez:“Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot uneducate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore. We have seen the future, and the future is ours.”

Great Post! Please agree to disagree with mutual respect!

Last edited by kattdakitten on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:33 am; edited 2 times in total

princessj

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Brooklyn, bonjour patizan...why are you up this early papi? I notice that some people still want to make this (and almost every thread) about themselves, their "enemies" (on a discussion board of all places), and their status...to what gain I can not know. As for finally commenting on this TOPIC, I do hold a position and think I'm ready to express it:

The thing most of us are forgetting is that we are all in the comforts of our homes, and have time to debate the political side of this matter, and that's not exactly a bad thing. I think posters on this board need to remember that we are entitled to debate, and that is something positive, but we do not need to become xenophobes and take personal attacks. The most important thing is that those in need are receiving the aid no matter who it's coming from. What saddens me is that some people here are too grounded in their ideology to distinguish an argument between an attack of sorts, and are spoiling what could have been an intellectual and stirring discussion between varying opinions. I say we ignore those noise makers, and take back the focus to the politics at hand, while keeping in mind that all these countries we're so afraid can occupy us have helped the devastation in Haiti in some way though they some may seem to have political drive behind it...it is the way of the world.

What we need in Haiti is HELP not just soldiers, not just guns, but help...medical, food, and shelter. We need a whole reconstruction of our infrastructure from Top to the Bottom and if it takes another foreign nation to help us reconstruct...then so be it. I don't think coming out and blasting the US though is what should be done, the U.S.A simply can't win in the eyes of some, but that is due to age old grudges not the current event. Let's allow these nations to bring us aid, help create a functioning government, while monitoring the spending themselves...I think it should be led by an organization such as the U.N., and that is why Mr. Clinton and the U.S. have such a strong presence in that mean as he has a history with the Haitian people and is also the current U.N. Envoy...which leads to my next point,

Now as for the U.S. dominance in Haiti, that is the issue being confused here. There is no clear cut "occupation", I think we need to rid ourselves of that word for the time being and perhaps question the dominant role the U.S. is currently playing. Yet who else can do it? The French?! I have always been skeptical about the French helping us, because it was they would forced us to pay for our independence years after we'd won, which kept us in poverty. Yet I have to wonder why the Francophone nations such as France and Canada (Montreal, Quebec) aren't given priority since they are the ones who can actually easily communicate with the natives. Even if a Haitian nationale can't speak French fluently, the connection between Haitian Creole and French is so strong that a simple "Cava bien?" can be related far better then a "Are you alright?"...I think all these nations should work together for the benefit of the Haitian people and not to get a foothold on an already struggling country devastated by this earthquake.

Médecins sans Frontières has been there for years..and while some Frenchmen still have a very low opinion of us...and most likely always will, they have been in the trenches. BUT they do speak our language, so the U.S. needs to work in CONCERT with like nations to bring help, even if only using their communication resources. Blocking other nations out is not in the benefit of aid relief. Cuba's been there for years as have Venezuela...that's why La Paz hospital is being run so efficiently. There is a saying in Haiti "After God there are Cuban doctors." But all in all we appreciate all the help...hopeful it's sincere and not for special interests.

I think once we resolve all the basic needs which are lacking in Haiti, once we allow these donor nations to accomplish in Haiti what our own government is incapable of or unwilling to do then we can begin to discuss the "Occupation in Haiti" and what not. At this point if all this foreign help wasn't there your family and my family would most likely still be under the rumble and dying of dehydration occupation or no occupation. That's my opinion.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PrincessJ, e ou ou menm, koman fe zye'w kle toujou?Laughing
Ma chere, gen de moun bow icit la se just ignore yo..
Moun sa yo panse ke se yo ki konnen e tout lot moun sot..
Depi yon moun ap mete degree'l devan avan li pale, ou ka we moun sa'a se yon pa te kwe..
Konn li, pa vle di gen lespri...
Epi yon moun kapab articulate men sa pa vle di, parol li gen substance...
Pi fo moun bow icit la pa janm trete moun de moun sot..
Kom lan tout fanmi toujou gen kek vye grenn, nap kite'l mashe.
Epi nou pap rayi. Rayi bay anpil stress....

Kom mwen sot di la denye reply mwen yan, mwen renmen deba kap fet la'a...
Mwen se yon ayisyen natif natal e mwen leve en Haiti..
Mwen konnen istwa peyi'm tres bien...
Mwen renmen peyi'm anpil e mwen toujou gen yon fierte lakay mwen leu map di yon etranje ke Haiti est la premiere republque noire independante du monde..
E mwen toujou di yo ke se L'Armee du tout-puissant Napaleon Banaparte ke nou te bat pou'n te pran independance sa'a...
Men mwen se yon neg ki tre dynamic, tres pragmatique et tres realiste...
Fok mwen di tou ke mwen pa yon expert lan bagay sa yo..
Haiti lan yon move inpass la'a e fierte selman pap ka sove nou...
An nou brainstorm pou nou ka trouve yon solution pou pwoblem peyi nou...

HIPchick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Jay Brooklyn, Princess J and KattyKitten for enhancing the debate with valid points and respect... I actually agree with ALL your points of view and have been thinking myself that neither keeping our government nor being occupied is the solution for Haiti. I have said we need CHANGE from the first post, just not an occupied CHANGE.

I just hope that this time, it will be a coalition of nations that help our country so that it and its leaders can adopt a way of governance that works best, that is not a carbon copy of what the U.S. plans for Haiti but what several nations contribute, including what Haiti contributes to itself. The problem is that when the U.S. prevents others to contribute (not just monetary funds) then it all becomes about how the U.S. benefits Haiti and I have lived there long enough to see that the result is not always pleasing. The situation needs fixing, but i do not think that there are only two options: occupation or current Haitian government... why isn't the UN stepping in instead of letting U.S. run the show entirely? This is such a sad situation and my point in opening the post was to make us all think long and hard about what ARE the other options.

HIPchick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Philanthropy is commendable, but it must not cause the philanthropist to overlook the circumstances of economic injustice which make philanthropy necessary.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

radiocitadelle2006

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Either way you look at it we can't it alone. We been trying for 200 + years still can't get it done.
Koman ou ta vle yon peyi pou budget nationals depan de sa lot peyi ap fe'w kado? Ki kote sa konn fet?
Kote tout kob leta haitien ranmase yo hein?
Epi nou toujou ap di sesi sela de American.

Le nou gen proglem se American ki toujou kampe avek nou.

Tout senateur/ depute kap manger la malere yo fok sa fini

Konbien haitien kap viv isit epi kap touche check leta chak moi?

An nou bay yon lot moun jere lajan peyi a.

Retire tout vagabon kap manger lajan leta.
Occupations all we need right now.
Until someone else other then haitian step up we not going anywhere.
Se toujou chien manger chien.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to: