Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - JAMAICANS/TRINIDADIANS ALL STARS SONG FOR HAITI (LISTEN)!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

JAMAICANS/TRINIDADIANS ALL STARS SONG FOR HAITI (LISTEN)!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: JAMAICANS/TRINIDADIANS ALL STARS SONG FOR HAITI (LISTEN)! Reply with quote Back to top

LINK TO DOWNLOAD OF RADIO AIRPLAY QUALITY VERSION OF “RISE AGAIN”
http://www.sendspace.com/file/eyvqxd

*4 SHARED LINK
http://www.4shared.com/file/207270964/9eba9313/SHAGGYSEAN_PAULSEAN_KINGSTON__.html

DIGICEL AND SHAGGY COLLABORATE ON SONG TO RAISE FUNDS FOR HAITI

“Rise Again” features international artists Shaggy, Sean Paul, Sean Kingston and many more

Monday January 25th 2010 – Kingston, Jamaica: Digicel today announced details of its collaboration with international reggae artist, Shaggy, and renowned producer, Christopher Birch, to write and produce a song – Rise Again – to raise money for the Digicel Haiti Relief Fund.

Rise Again is a Caribbean song, which was written and performed by Caribbean artists for the people of Haiti.

After being approached by Digicel to write the song, Shaggy went straight into the studio with Christopher Birch, producer of his diamond-selling album – Hot Shots. The song was written in less than a day and the rhythm produced within five days, and artists such as Sean Paul and Sean Kingston – as well as other top Caribbean artists – were quick to come on board and lend their support. Rise Again is being released worldwide and 100% of the proceeds will go directly to the Digicel Haiti Relief Fund.

Speaking about the launch of the song, Shaggy said: “Rise Again is for the people of Haiti. It is to show them that we are here for them and that we will support them each step of the way as they begin rebuilding their lives which were shattered by the earthquake. I am very proud of this song and the collaboration with Digicel. With today’s launch of Rise Again, we can raise much needed funds to support the relief efforts in Haiti.”

Digicel Group CEO, Colm Delves, said: “As part of the Digicel Haiti Relief Fund, we wanted to collaborate with international artists to produce a song that would support the people of Haiti who lost so much as a result of the earthquake. People across the world can purchase Rise Again and all proceeds will go directly to the relief efforts in Haiti.”

Rise Again is already making waves in the US with E News carrying a preview of the song on the E!TV Entertainment News.

Artists featured on Rise Again include Shaggy; Sean Paul; Sean Kingston; Barbadian Artists, Alison Hinds, Shontelle Layne and Edwin Yearwood; Trinidadian Soca Artists, David Rudder, Kees Dieffenthaller and Destra Garcia; Jamaican reggae artists, Tessanne Chin and Etana; and Haitian artiste, Belo.

As the single largest investor in Haiti with a total investment of U$300 million since its launch in 2006, Digicel has over two million customers in Haiti. The Digicel Haiti Relief Fund has donated US$5 million to NGOs in Haiti to support the relief efforts and over US$500,000 has been raised by Digicel customers across the Caribbean and Central America through a text and voice donation line. Digicel also gave each of its two million customers US$5 in free credit – totalling US$10 million.

In addition, over 60 video messages of support have been recorded by well known people such as the Fastest Man in the World, Usain Bolt; President Martinelli of Panama; West Indies legend, Sir Garfield Sobers; and many more. All videos are available to view on www.facebook.com/helphaiti.

HIPchick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Pat,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. It is nice to see how many are supporting Haiti. I do understand that many have already donated and that there is financial hardship that makes it harder to continue doing so. However, I think it's important to put the link to purchase the single so that those who can buy the song do so to help our country instead of downloading it for free. I say this because the goal of them doing the song was to raise funds and we could help them do that. Thanks.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HIPCHICK

I am posting the note ("AS IS") the way it was sent to me. The only addition is the 4 SHARED VERSION. They had the MP3 DOWNLOAD VERSION on the press release....and they did "NOT" ask me not to post that.

KM!

HIPchick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
HIPCHICK

I am posting the note ("AS IS") the way it was sent to me. The only addition is the 4 SHARED VERSION. They had the MP3 DOWNLOAD VERSION on the press release....and they did "NOT" ask me not to post that.

KM!

I understand Pat, but do you know where I could find the song for purchase?

kompa'npiwo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANKS PAT FOR SHARING. I LOVE THIS SONG, AND THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUPPORT.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HIPCHICK

I have no idea.

KM!

kafou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very touchy song, powerful and emmotional as well.

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This song is very touchy...

Yes, we shall rise Again....

rocketman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BEAUTIFUL!!! THANK YOU Smile .

HIPchick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This song is beautiful for real and had me singing along after the first listen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: