Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - RODNEY NOEL GIVES US COLD HARD FACTS ABOUT HARMONIK SUCCESS!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

RODNEY NOEL GIVES US COLD HARD FACTS ABOUT HARMONIK SUCCESS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KONPACONVERT

Rodney's first forray I believe was TRIOMECS. He also had a label called FULL POWER.

KM!

konpaconvert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
KONPACONVERT

Rodney's first forray I believe was TRIOMECS. He also had a label called FULL POWER.

KM!

Thanks for the correction Pat!

So that futher proves that having the funds to invest in a band is not the sole reason to make them successful. Don't get me wrong i'm sure that those other bands had talented musicians and all but at the end of the day its all about public acceptance.

And as of now pep la dako/approuve Harmonik!

wallywal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tout sa se rablabla
nobody is disputing the fact that the guys from harmonik are talented
everybody knows that nickenson prudhomme is a multi talented artist so is mac d and the guitar player, but if you think that the fact that you got the money, the power(meaning you got the hmi on lock), the influence around the hmi did not contribute to harmonik's success, mon cher ou fe erreur
take bands like bel djazz, 5-etwal,rafrechi....etc and become their manager (or who ever got the money,who believes in them and willing to put their money where their mouth is when its come to market them) wa di'm si yo pap gin success harmonik ginyin dans l'espace de 1ans.

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Intresting how Rodney see things .

This band it's like a Perfect child born with a Silver spoon in their mouth .

Everything is perfect from head to Toe , so it was a guarantee period.

Especially with the success of Nicky previous solo album , The appeal of McD to the ladies ...Good Management , Having everone (promoters, band, the HMI as a whole )on lock , Good Marketing , Money ...ah tout bagay Net .

Yes they have talent and lots of it ....but as most knows Talent alone don't cut it in the HMI . So i say it was easy Sailing know matter how Mr Rodney choose to explain it .

The Musical Boat was Rocky in the beginning and lots of people knew it and that wouldn't have been enough to slow that Rolling train. ... After a Year ...One can say they have improved alot and slowly gaining alot of Maturity In the live circuit ....

My head is not in the sand so i see it clearly but Rodney Noel Answers are very modest .. I probably would answer the say way so it don't come out as Gloating Laughing Laughing

Harmonick is a band made with Golden hand ...pa guin manti lan sa Arrow

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sekinam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: RODNEY NOEL GIVES US COLD HARD FACTS ABOUT HARMONIK SUCC Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Are you offended or proud when people say that the only reason that HARMONIK has climbed up the HMI ladder so fast is because of how powerful you are in the HMI in terms of the Haitian Compas Festival, and high profile bals? Would that mean that as the MANAGER of HARMONIK, you are actually "NOT" getting credit for your MANAGERIAL skills. What is your reply to that?

RODNEY NOEL: Please note that everyone is entititled to their own perspectives and their truth is relative to his or her own experiences. What I will say is that there are two factors that cannot be debated, unless the person is resolved to submit themselves to the 'ostrich with the head in the sand' phenomenon.

1. I continue to do business in this community that is dedicated to uplifting the culture in a positive light. This means that I cannot afford to do business as it has been done in the past. Obtaining and maintaining success means progressively marketing talent and products that are demanded by the public. In addition, I have an added responsibility to display my products on a suitable platform. If doing so has been interpreted by individuals in another light, then so be it.

2. As a stern businessman, I believe in optimizing the quality of the products that I put my name on. For anyone to discredit Mac D's style of performance and/or appeal, Sanders' very skillful techniques on his guitar, or even dare to deny Nickys celestial fingers is assonine. I took it a step further by combining these factors to present an up and coming band that is enthusiastic and disciplined about their musical skills. Their style is original and they continue to demand a spot among your musical favorites.

When a cook is in the kitchen, the recipe must produce a an entree that is palatable to you no matter what bells and whistles I put on it. It so happens that I have the secret ingredient to make sure that my product is widely marketed to all may enjoy it.

Bottom line, I may have established myself in the community in terms of the outreach I have and this has worked in Harmonik's favor. However, you are welcomed to keep your head in the sand and deny that Harmonik's got plenty of talent! You can take that to the bank and have a Merry Christmas.

Coridally.

H. Rodney Noel
President, CEO
Harmony Records

*KOMPA MAGAZINE: Fabrice...The notion in the HMI these days is that if an upcoming band does NOT have a so-called "BIG DOG"/HMI honcho backing it up with deep pockets, the chances of it making it are not too good. Do you agree or not, if so or not, can you please elaborate on your answer?

FABRICE ROUZIER: It has become obvious for the past 10 years or so that, no matter how talented or untalented a band or an individual artist is, without an "influential" backer or a "Honcho" with dubious funds said band / individual artist will never "make it". To make matters worse two more things happened:

1) Media groups with ties to businesses/traditional sponsors have started to create a gang of sorts. If bands or artists do not "belong" and "comply" to the rules set forth by this so called group, their songs will not get airplay , their performances will not get reviewed and they will never be featured in high profile concerts.

2) Radio personalities have OPENLY and SHAMELESSLY created an organization that will favor groups that pay up and suck up to them.

In the meantime, piracy is killing Konpa. Because of that, the main bands are either not putting out anything new or coming out with subpar releases. Because of the barriers that i talked about, it's also becoming very rare to have exceptional new talent in the Konpa scene while in rap and other genres it's completely different. The kids that are doing other genres are really doing it out of love first and they are influenced by artists that generally perform outside of the Haitian communities. Very few Konpa models are being offered to the youth."

I AGREE WITH FABRICE

fanatikonpa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All i got to say is that Sanders has been around for a very long time, yet ni Vibrasyon, ni Suave in which he played had made it as far as Harmonik

Mac D te nan Kdans, Kdans patap kraze eben

Fabrice Guirand te gen djazz pal tou

I know for a fact ke Nicky patap fe jazz sil pat gen Tonton nwel avel, Se Rodney ki relally kept the project alive and put it together

Success harmonik lan se yon equation talent + tonton nwel =

Harmonik patap la son Rodney and Rodney paka fe sa li fe ak Harmonik ak nimpot djazz tou...

Pandan map felicite tou 2 pou success yo, map fe yon konnen ke marketing / management djazz la manke yon ti bagay toujou, so pa okipe ho parleur yo kontinye travay... everywhere in the world its like that

Best producers look for the bestt artists and the rest is always history

Selman just like Fabrice was saying mwen swete bagay yo on ti jan regularise nan HMI la pou tout moun ki gen talent yo ka jwen fair treatment

bella_mafia1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rodney Noel -- is the BEST manager & businessman in the HMI -- Anpil Haitian sipoze pran example sou li --

Bravo Papa Noel (rete nan HMI -- paske se moun tankouw ke nou bezwen)Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!!

Haitien

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Think most of you hit the nail right in the head with your comments. As Yanva so eloquently put it "talent alone doesn't cut it in the HMI". No one can deny that these guys make a very talented bunch with Nicky at the forefront. However, we all know that there are plenty of talented bands out there that are struggling because they do not have the advantage that this band has.
Mr. Noel's notoriety has definitely been beneficial to the band because from day 1 they were able to play with top bands in the HMI getting the exposure they needed. Who would dare tell Mr. Kompafest that they are not playing with a "Ti djaz" when asked to play with Harmonik? That's unheard of.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rodney didn answer the question at all.

THe question did not pertain to harmonick's talent, but to rodney's managerial skills.

But that's ok.

OZ'MOSIS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Although Noel’s influence and money has been a significant factor to Harmonik’s success, but no one can deny how talented the guys are as well how good of an album “Jere’m” was. Harmonik is a band that was created to succeed. From the formation of the band, everything was well-calculated. Artistically, Nikky, Sanders, and Mac D are all talented and they complement each other greatly. Noel and Nikky knew what it took to create a successful band and they did just that. I believe when these guys have a few years playing together; they will be extremely incredible.

Noel’s influence simply made it easier for them and there’s nothing wrong will. But if we want to keep it real, Harmonik still has a long way to go. The second album will determine their future of the band; that album will make them or break them- meaning, the sophomore album must make a bigger impact than the first so that most people who criticize them can see how good they really are. I hope they continue to work hard and not thinking they have made it and becoming self-centered and big headed. I hope Nikky continues to explore new sounds and continue to evolve; and that Mac D continues to work on his vocals and Sanders does follow the food-steps of Compas guitar players and continue to dig his R&B soul and blend it with Compas or Zouk elemenmts. Good luck.

Now, when I think of Rodney Noel, I see someone who shouldn’t be managing a band. With that kind of influence and money, what is he doing managing a band? He should have a real functioning recording label that is producing many bands and solo artists from different genres, not just Compas. I see someone who should help structure the music market by creating a legitimate system that can make him and many other people a lot of money. I believe if Noel does more with his money he will make far more money and will help change the lives of many. Harmony Record should be bringing a band or a new act out every six months; there are countless of talented young people out there who simply want to be discovered. I would like to know who the A&R is for Harmony Record. I want to know where I can drop a demo. Lol…

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: