Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - FABRICE ON IF UPCOMING BANDS NEED BIG DOGS TO MAKE IT IN HMI
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

FABRICE ON IF UPCOMING BANDS NEED BIG DOGS TO MAKE IT IN HMI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

IT'S SAD TO AGREE WITH THESE FACT....WHAT A SHAME IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY......I CAN SEE 20 YEARS FROM NOW WE'LL STILL HAVE NU LOOK(GOD KNOWS HOW LONG THEY WILL BE AROUND), ZENGLEN(WILL FOREVER BE THERE), KREYOL LA(DJAZZ LA JEUNESSE LAN FOREVER AND ALWAYS), DJACKOUT(IF THEY COME BACK), KREZI(IF THEY WILL SURVIVE FROM THEIR PRESSURE AND GET BACK ON TRACK),T-VICE(4EVRR VICE 2K), HARMONIK (HOPEFULLY THEY DON'T GET RID OF EVERYBODY IN THE BAND.)

I DON'T SEE ANY FUTURE FOR ANY NEW IN THE HMI....FROM THE MUSICIANS NOT WILLING TO SUFFER TO MAKE IT EGOS> THE MEDIA, RADIO PERSONALITIES, DJS(A DJ WILL ONLY PLAY A NEW SONG ONLY IF IT'S FROM A WELL KNOWN POPULAR BAND....OR THE MUSIC IS AN INSTANT HIT)........

HMI=SOUSOU BUSINESS EPI THAT'S IT WI.... Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fanatikonpa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Traduction : Siw pat deja gen respect ou en tant ke veteran, ou oblije gen yon Big Boss ki pou achtel pou ou et baw protection against mafioso yo...

Sounds like the RiCO statute could be used here.

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (commonly referred to as RICO Act or RICO) is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization

FUNKY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gentleman1 wrote:
si w gen yon agiman ki ka kontrekare sa Fabrice di la
eben w ka di ke "la terre est plate comme une regle" tou

w finn pale Fabrice Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

wap suiv...nothing more to add...Fabrice finn palé wi Cool

DaRealNessa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Fabrice, where there is a will there is a way.

While I do agree that head honchos are beneficial, it is not a must. Depending on how motivated an individual or team is, with the abundance of resources out there right about now, world wide web being one of them, it is much easier to do a DIRECT GUERILLA MARKETING campaign in order to put yourself out there.

It is a more difficult way but at least we know that there are ways to overcome those barriers set by media boycotting a new or existing product.

Pitit Ginen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is not only the Music industry. It seems like all aspects of life in my beloved country are run by some mafia organization. By mafia clan, I mean individuals who care about nothing else but their own pockets. Not only they care about their own pockets, they are no less a bunch of pure imbeciles. In Haiti, nothing is undertaken for at least for the medium term. I am not saying the long term. Forget about that. As a good example, let me take soccer. All it takes is to invest a few dollars in those guys full of talent to reap huge return by sending those young talented guys to all kinds of international competitions. But what we are witnessing? Since 1974 under Duvalier, Haitian soccer players are erased from the international scene. Does that make any sense? Now, those mafia are out to destroy our last resort, the very soul of the country Our musical heritage. Is there any reason for Pipo and Cange for not being in the spotlight in the moment? You tell me!

As I always say my dear ‘’ Haiti is full of people but Men are rare to find ’’ .

‘’ Ayiti chaje ak endividi, Moun ki gen nen nan figi yo se ak lamp gwo jounen pou w chache sa’’.

Pitit Ginen.

Jean-Luc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DaRealNessa wrote:

While I do agree that head honchos are beneficial, it is not a must. Depending on how motivated an individual or team is, with the abundance of resources out there right about now, world wide web being one of them, it is much easier to do a DIRECT GUERILLA MARKETING campaign in order to put yourself out there.

It is a more difficult way but at least we know that there are ways to overcome those barriers set by media boycotting a new or existing product.

Yes,

I guess the band went Green, no gaz no petrole no pollution.
Se sou panneau solaire li mache...
---Le MOMO

sansan29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DaRealNessa wrote:

Nessa,
Most of our band don't have a web page to begin with.They will never used the internet as a marketing tool.I agree with Fabrice %100.

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DaRealNessa wrote:

Please do tell us more Sasa if you know ... there are ways yessssssssssssss but how beneficial are they?

what are they other ways .. a magoye' .. a street guys .. but please do tell us Sasa ...cause i know it's not that easy but eager to know Wink

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OZ'MOSIS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Fabrice. Fabrice is the man; it takes a man to speak against injustice and correction. This negative culture is killing has kept the music static.

I’m glad he acknowledged the courage of the artists in Creole Hip-hop.

mawon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what's really ironic is all the people that replied to this topic agreeing at how wrong it is, are supporting the very people and bands that engage in these practices...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: