KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

MATRIXX KOMPA featuring KING FERNAND "KADO BONDYE"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: MATRIXX KOMPA featuring KING FERNAND "KADO BONDYE" Reply with quote Back to top

Check out this new group out of FLORIDA by the name of MATRIXX KOMPA featuring KING FERNAND.

The name of the song is "KADO BONDYE"

CLICK on the link below to listen
http://www.zshare.net/audio/642498556a1ddb5e/

KM!

loulou

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

very nice Wink

mawon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nice track, now for some constructive criticism, which applies in general to most recordings I hear. I don't like how the vocals were recorded/mixed. Too much sibilance, the compression doesn't sound right. Compression is very tricky to use properly. The vocal needs to be cleaned up, get rid of the big breath noises. The backing voxs are too forward in the mix, use eq and verb to bring them more towards the back so they don't cover anything up while still being loud enough. Distance is a very important part to a mix. Too often we think of it as a 2d space with left and right...we don't consider the 3 dimensions with front and back. Someone talking in your ear sounds different than someone talking at the same volume from 10ft away! Use more subtractive than additive EQ. Carve the track around the lead vocals. Bass and Kick drum frequencies, cut where you boost and boost where you cut. Wherever you mixed needs better room treatment and/or monitors. You can hear the muddy low mids in the mix, which probably sounded good in the room. Whenever someone asks me to help with their studio, they always want to spend all their money on equipment, I tell them to treat the room properly first, it is the most important aspect to being able to hear a mix properly. Sounds like the tracks were recorded too hot into the DAW. Proper gain staging is still very important in digital.

The song itself is really nice though, the recording just doesn't do it justice for me. The best thing really would be to have a professional mix the track for you, it would really pop off. PM me if you or anybody wants to discuss more!! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, that's what the interaction of a message board is all about!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: