Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - Bogus promoters are the reason why the HMI is in shambles...
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Bogus promoters are the reason why the HMI is in shambles...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelov54

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Bogus promoters are the reason why the HMI is in shambles... Reply with quote Back to top

It's been two years since I attended a bal. Yesterday, I decide to go to Kreyol la/Carimi with my girl. We got there around 12:20 am and Kreyol la was just starting to play. During their second song Ti Joe started throwing jabs at the promoter by saying that "Jazz la poko touche" and other stuff along these lines. After a couple more songs, they decided to stop playing until they got paid. About 20 mns later, Ti joe came back to tell us that carimi left because of the same reason and that he didnt mind playing the whole night if the promoter gave him the balance. It was around 2:30 am and I decided to leave. From what I heard, Kreyol la never came back on stage. Now my questions for you guys: Should bands deal with these promoters "tet chat"? Shouldn't the fans who paid their money, get a refund? Mind you that I am a broke college student (all my money goes to my education). I just think it's not fair. I have no idea who the promoter is but I intend to get to the bottom of this and sabotage all his other events. As fans and kompa lovers, if we do not take a stand we will always be walked on. That's all I had to say.
Thank you.
P.S. I have to applaud ti joe who did everything to make the event possible but I can't blame him for not performing if he didn't get paid.
Ti Joe bon bagay!

Haitianone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Samble promoter orlando yo se tet chat man. Kreyol La/ Carimi bal should had been a money maker.

Benny Blanco

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Epi yo mande anraje ler neg kraze bal yo...

RICKY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Moun antrave anba foli promoteur sa yo. surman yo tap tan pou club la te pack apre sa pou yo pran nan kob tike a pou yo peye balance la. I feel for those that attended the event.

JimBo

TANDE NON MWEN SEZI Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Shocked Shocked Shocked

KI MIRAK CaRiMi TE VINI MEM Question Question Question
MWEN MEM MWEN KONNEN DEPI KOB LA PA TRANSFER NA ACCOUNT OU SE RETE LAKAY OU OUI Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
angelov54

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The bal was in miami h1...I guess sunday night was not a good night to have a bal maybe that was the reason for the low turnout but that still doesn't give the promoter the right to act in such ways...I am still baffled!
Epi tou en serieux konsa m tou konveti an apach wi...Kreyol la depoze konpa korekteman Very Happy

zabelbok

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sa bel!

By the way, that's not the only reason why the HMI is in shambles.

Sorry you had such a bad night man, out with your girl en plus!!

That sucks.

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing i can say is that last year they were getting praise, now se k o k o rat promoter ke yo ye. As a former promoter i can see how miss communications can affect business. Se pa defan map defan neg yo non min mezanmi, atleast neg yo ta ta eseye konpran situation. In Business its always a 2 ways street, but when it come to this HMI tout moun pa veye tet yo.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
speedy/kreyol la

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THIS IS STRAIGHT BS, YON DAL NEG GEN FOLI PROMOTER YON PAGEN YON GOUD NAN DADA YO, ANYWAY THIS IS THE REASON I LIKE A BAND LIKE T-VICE PASKE TOUT TAN TOUT KOB LA PA TOMBE YO PAP DEPLASE, T-JOE PATIZAN PAM OR THE KREYOL LA MANAGEMENT SA SE YON BON EXAMPLE LI YE POU NOU, NEXT TIME TOUT TAN TOUT KOB LA PA PEYE EN FOUL PA NEGOSYE...

BABYFACE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HMI SAA TOUNEN YON JWET KOUNYE A.

YON BANN WANNA BE PARTY ORGANIZERS AP FE MOUN DEPANSE KOB AL NAN BAL POU GRANMESI.

FOK DJAZ YO KOMANSE SUSPANN PRAN NAN KOU SA YO.

HARMONIKER FOR LIFE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: