KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

FANATIK FUTBOL (SOCCER): PALE AVEM>Player of the decade.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raymi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: FANATIK FUTBOL (SOCCER): PALE AVEM>Player of the decade. Reply with quote Back to top

I need the true soccer fans, those who really follow the games to let me know who they think was the best player of the past decade (make it 1996-2006).

I urge the Brazilians fans to chill. The question is not, who is the best team of the past decade but the best player.

Now if you are a true soccer fan and know your stuff, this should be an easy answer because the best player has been none of the other than
The man, the legend:

ZINEDINE ZIDANE.
Epit that's it.

Much love
Raymi.

[/img]

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: FANATIK FUTBOL (SOCCER): PALE AVEM>Player of the deca Reply with quote Back to top

Raymi wrote:
I urge the Brazilians fans to chill. The question is not, who is the best team of the past decade but the best player.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

OK... From 1996 to 2006. You're right, it should be easy if you are really a soccer fan.

My top 3 is: Ronaldo, Zidnane and Roberto Carlos.

Raymi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Phiz,

It's impossible to choose Ronaldo over Zidane. No way.
With Zidane, you have a magician, a creator and a deadly goal scorer.

Ronaldo is great finisher put not over Zidane. No way.
I wouldn't even put him as the best from Brazil for the past decade.

Here's my top 5 in order:

Zinedine Zidane
Thiery Henry
Ronaldinio
Dennis Bergkamp
Tie: Eric Cantona and Ronaldo.

Much love
Raymi.

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Raymi,

First of all, my top 3 was not in any order of preference. Zidane has it on Ronaldo. That's true.

I don't agree with your top 5. Hmm hmm... Nope. Because you said from 1996 to 2006.

I wouldn't put Ronaldinho in that decade. Ronaldinho is a great player, the best right now. But he exploded in 2001-2002. And now with FC Barca, he's doing wonders. That decade is not appropriate for him.

How can you put Denis Bergkamp in a top 5 over Roberto Carlos, Paolo Maldini, Luis Figo, Rivaldo, and many others? There I really don't agree with you.

Now Thierry Henry over Ronaldo... Wow!!!

What had Henry help France win? As far as I know Ronaldo gave Brazil two Copa Americas, one World Cup, titles to Inter, Barca and Real Madrid. He also has won 2 Ballon d'or and 3 Fifa world player. And he was the best scorer in the last WC with 8 goals. He's now 3 away from beating the world record.

Henry is great player and scorer. But his winning honours have nothing on Ronaldo, nothing! I don't know but I'm always saying this... Henry can't do nothing outside of Arsenal. He better not leave them at the end of the season.

PS: Seems like it's gonna be an interesting discussion. Laughing

Raymi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Phiz,

My bad. I thought you had listed them in order. Good at least we agree on the most important point, that he was the best of the past decade.

Now to the other issues:

Since we're dealing within a ten year period, we have to compensate that some players may have had peak years and down years.

Zidane's career for example is certainly coming to its end and he's definately not the same player as he was from his peak years of 96-2002, but we have to take into account all he's done and sum it.

True Ronadinho only came in strong from 2000 and on but that's a strong 6 years where he's been on top of his game.
Ronaldinho is the heir apparent to to Zidane's throne because of what he brings to the pitch: The ability to score, distribute and make every player around them look like a star.

Ronaldo's success with Brazil is highly overrated because he was the recipient of the hard work of Roberto Carlos and Dunga. Ronaldo is a one dimensional player, although he is very good at what he does.

As for as Henry is concerned, I guess you missed him as a member of France's world cup champion team of 98 and Europe champs of 2000.

Henry, whatever his shortcomings in the international scene may be, has been the best striker in Europe for the past 3 years.

Much love
Raymi

rorothebest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1996-2006 pou moin gin anpil map choizi 5 pi bon yo [1-RIVALDO 2-ZIDANE 3-MALDINI 4-BOB CARLOS 5-RONALDO

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhizUniq

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Raymi,

Ronaldinho is the best player in the world actually. No doubt about that. But my friend, if we are talking about the 1996-2006 decade, we can't put him in. Because he revealed himself to the world 5-6 years after 1996, and that won't be fair to players like Roberto Carlos, Maldini, Figo, Rivaldo and others.

Ronaldinho should be in the "next generation" with Lampard, Rooney, Kaka, Gerrard, etc.

I didn't forget about Henry being in a member of France 98 and 2000. My point was that it's like he wasn't even there. In 1998, he wasn't a consistent starter. In 2000, Trezeguet was more present than him. Remember who scored the last crucial goal? Trezeguet.

Whenever Brazil is in a competition with Ronaldo, Ronaldo always lets you know he's in, which is very different for Henry.

Henry, the best striker for the last 3 years. Hmm... maybe, maybe not. Don't forget that Shevchenko, a striker too, won the Ballon d'or. Henry didn't.

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nou konnen mwen pa ka we ti nonm yo rele Zidane...so give me Ronaldo epi that's it Laughing

Oh yeah Eric Cantona was something, that's why I became a supporter of Manchester United. Se pa futbol non, se futbol-karate Cantona te konn jwe Laughing Li te dezod ampil Very Happy

Thierry Henry Sad he will never get what he deserves, yep because of you know what. But nevermind paske li se yon bon soccer player. He IS 8)

Ronaldinho is coming, sad to see that a club like Paris Saint Germain in France, let him go...He will be a great Joker for the brazilian team this summer.

lana4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1- Paolo Maldini Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
un mur

2 - Roberto Carlos
rapide, gaucher, puissant

3 - Tchevtchenko (orthographe ?)
"rusé", intenable

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: