KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

NBA PLAYOFFS:CONFERENCE FINALS UPNEXT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philosophenoir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I need Gasol to reduce Howard's rebounds....
and then on the scoring side.....if he is moving well....he will score more than Howard.....

Bynum can use his fouls on Howard........we have DJ Mbenga.....he can use his fouls...

Bryant will spread the floor..........creating easy and great looks for guys.

Lakers need to close Orlando's threes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ Kreyol wrote:

Excellent POINT...

I criticize LBJ because MANY MANY people including the MEDIA do not use the sam scrunity they did to Kobe.

These guys are VERY VERY similar. And it makes me sick that LBJ gets a pass on CERTAIN things, wben Kobe didnt get a PASS on anything.

Now do I think LBJ is a great player. Hell yeah I do.

Do I think he is the BEST on the PLANET? Hmm he has A LOT more to do in my eyes, to change my opinion.

But LBJ has never faced the SCRUNITY that Kobe has faced and I think this is why he is so dis-liked by Kobe fans.
Its disgusting.

Brother, the Kobe Bryant story is far more complicated than meets the eye...It goes wayyy beyond media scrutiny or comparisons with Lebron and delves into social/class dynamics!

The first strike against Kobe was his upper middle class upbringing...Unfortunately, that in itself is a huge turnoff to many people, especially in the black community who don't feel he can relate. He speaks differently; he's fluent in several languages; He's not from the 'hood...Case in point, remember the boos in his hometown Philly when he won MVP at the All-Star game? When the Sixers played the Lakers in the finals a few years back, I guarantee you most of the community was pulling for AI...Y? because he was the anti-Kobe...the same reason white America rooted for Kobe is the very reason AI reigned supreme with blacks: he was street, he had tats, cornrows, jail (unjustly) baggy clothes, slang, "he was one of us!"

2. Arrogance/ swagger...since the day he announced his intention to go the NBA directly from high school, the fact that he demanded to go to L.A....the battles with Shaq, the cold/standoffish attitude towards teammates and opponents alike (remember shoo-ing off Karl Malone at the all star game so he could go one on one?)

3. COLORADO!!! Here he totally lost White America as well, and opened the door for LBJ to just scoot in and take what would have been rightfully his!...all the adulation and fawning...the big endorsements...The MJ Torch and all the perks that would have come with it...

If the media give LBJ a pass, Kobe must at the very least shoulder some of the blame!

I love the guy, but for reasons that were in, as well as beyond his control, he became the villain when he was destined to play the role of hero...

Let's not blame Lebron for this Shakespearean tale...I've reconciled these facts in my mind and I will therefore judge Lebron FAIRLY and without grudge/bias/prejudice/anger/jealousy/resentment...I think it's time that you and other Kobe fans do the same! Cool

I could have SWORN you once had a signature that read (and I'm paraphrasing) some people have hate in their hearts! ...nah, couldn't have been you! Very Happy Wink

kafou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FANATIK LAKERS YO BLIYE YON SEL BAGAY, SI YAO AK TRACY McGRADY PLAYED THAT SERIES VS THE LAKERS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN An extremely tight series.

KOBE FOR NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, sometimes it's a double standard epi se li ki lakoz. sak te di li al Konyin ti fille blanc 19 ans nan MUFFLER?

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

Silans

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's my first time going at this thread, but I have been reading since page one.

While I do not contest that Lebron James is an incredible player; how come he has been having a free pass from every one?
2 years ago Kobe was doing the same thing that Lebron has been doing this series, yet he was called "SELFISH" and not a "TEAMPLAYER".
I am sure like every James fans your argument will be that LB23 has made his teammates better...he has had 10 assists or so per game? Or is it so really?

Take a look at this comments that I have found on a website: comparison stats by stats between Kobe vs Lebron

# LeBron, a (very big) small forward whose primary advantage over Kobe is his supposedly unstoppable ability to get to the rim, shot 48.7% from the field, nearly identical to Kobe's 48.1% from the field.
# LeBron's True Shooting Percentage was a very solid 59.1% for the series, but Kobe's was an incredible 62.7%.
# LeBron took more three-pointers than Kobe did, but while Kobe made his at a respectable rate of 34.4%, LeBron shot a miserable 29.7% from distance.
# LeBron took more free throws than Kobe did, but he hit only 74.5% of them, whereas Kobe hit 93.1% of his. (Important: In the fourth quarter of Game 3, LeBron missed 5 free throws that may have cost him the game. More on this later.)
# LeBron turned the ball over 4.17 times per game; Kobe only turned the ball over 2.17 times per game. (Important: In the fourth quarter and overtime of Game 4, LeBron committed 7 turnovers that may have cost him the game. More on this later.)
# LeBron scored 4.5 points more than Kobe during the Conference Finals, but he needed 4 extra shots per game to do so (and 5.3 extra shooting possessions, when shot attempts that result in free throws are accounted for).

To counter the argument that Lebron makes his teammates better; here is another part of the article on it

Even more important than all of the above, however, was the result of the six Conference Finals games that each player participated in. While LeBron James was statistically and individually impressive, he also dominated the ball for his team. When Kobe has done the same thing in the past, he has been criticized for taking his teammates out of the game. Why is it that now, with LeBron doing the same, he doesn't receive the same criticism?

During the Eastern Conference Finals, the Cavaliers' offense essentially reverted back to that old "give it to LeBron and let him do something" offense. Is it really any surprise that the productivity of LeBron's teammates suffered while they were standing around watching and waiting for him to do something with the ball? It shouldn't be; an offense so completely dominated by one player can only be so effective. And yet, somehow, LeBron's teammates are receiving all the blame for their unexpected playoff exit. LeBron deserves his share, as well, for dominating the ball and taking his teammates out of the game. It worked once, in Game 5; the rest of the time, it hurt his team.

Some will point to LeBron's assists: he averaged an impressive eight assists in the Eastern Conference Finals. Again, I ask you, is it any surprise that he is collecting assists when the majority of the Cavs' possessions end in LeBron making a play with the shot clock winding down? The "give it to LeBron" offense does not encourage ball movement. That extra pass? There isn't time for it, and even if there was, players aren't moving enough to make it worthwhile, because they have been too busy standing around waiting for LeBron. Shoot enough, and you will score plenty of points; pass enough in situations where additional passing is not encouraged, and you will rack up plenty of assists. None of that makes an offense built on waiting for LeBron to do something late in the shot clock anything close to efficient.

On the other hand, while LeBron was dominating the ball and putting up incredible stats, all the while stifling his team's offense and taking his teammates out of the game, Kobe Bryant was on the other side of the country, worrying more about winning than statistics. While LeBron was taking over at the end of games, dominating the offense, Kobe Bryant was gladly giving up the ball to facilitate ball movement and the creation of incredibly easy shots. While LeBron was busy putting on individual performances that would end in losses, Kobe was sharing the ball and allowing his teammates to share the moment with him. As a result, that moment was much more enjoyable, both for Bryant and for his teammates.

Here is the Link

kazak-lakol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jeanVALjean wrote:
DJ Kreyol wrote:

Excellent POINT...

I criticize LBJ because MANY MANY people including the MEDIA do not use the sam scrunity they did to Kobe.

These guys are VERY VERY similar. And it makes me sick that LBJ gets a pass on CERTAIN things, wben Kobe didnt get a PASS on anything.

Now do I think LBJ is a great player. Hell yeah I do.

Do I think he is the BEST on the PLANET? Hmm he has A LOT more to do in my eyes, to change my opinion.

But LBJ has never faced the SCRUNITY that Kobe has faced and I think this is why he is so dis-liked by Kobe fans.
Its disgusting.

Brother, the Kobe Bryant story is far more complicated than meets the eye...It goes wayyy beyond media scrutiny or comparisons with Lebron and delves into social/class dynamics!

The first strike against Kobe was his upper middle class upbringing...Unfortunately, that in itself is a huge turnoff to many people, especially in the black community who don't feel he can relate. He speaks differently; he's fluent in several languages; He's not from the 'hood...Case in point, remember the boos in his hometown Philly when he won MVP at the All-Star game? When the Sixers played the Lakers in the finals a few years back, I guarantee you most of the community was pulling for AI...Y? because he was the anti-Kobe...the same reason white America rooted for Kobe is the very reason AI reigned supreme with blacks: he was street, he had tats, cornrows, jail (unjustly) baggy clothes, slang, "he was one of us!"

2. Arrogance/ swagger...since the day he announced his intention to go the NBA directly from high school, the fact that he demanded to go to L.A....the battles with Shaq, the cold/standoffish attitude towards teammates and opponents alike (remember shoo-ing off Karl Malone at the all star game so he could go one on one?)

3. COLORADO!!! Here he totally lost White America as well, and opened the door for LBJ to just scoot in and take what would have been rightfully his!...all the adulation and fawning...the big endorsements...The MJ Torch and all the perks that would have come with it...

If the media give LBJ a pass, Kobe must at the very least shoulder some of the blame!

I love the guy, but for reasons that were in, as well as beyond his control, he became the villain when he was destined to play the role of hero...

Let's not blame Lebron for this Shakespearean tale...I've reconciled these facts in my mind and I will therefore judge Lebron FAIRLY and without grudge/bias/prejudice/anger/jealousy/resentment...I think it's time that you and other Kobe fans do the same! Cool

I could have SWORN you once had a signature that read (and I'm paraphrasing) some people have hate in their hearts! ...nah, couldn't have been you! Very Happy Wink

JVJ, Respect bro!! I couldn't agree more

kafou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TOUT KOBE LOVER AK KOBE HATERS REKONET SE KOBE KI PI FORT.

BON AL **** COUCHER MEZANMI.

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So making DANCE ROUTINES at every game.

Making flex muscles.

Refusing to congratulate someone you call a friend because you claim you a are WINNER. When you haven't won ANYTHING! You couldnt even CALL Dwight Howard the next day. You sent him an e-mail.

And this isn't cockiness. Confused

Maybe I need to start wearing glasses.

Let me make SOMETHING VERY VERY VERY clear.

Because I talk to Kobe haters EVERY DAY.

Their hatred STEMS from the fact, that they believe that Kobe Bean Bryant threatens the legacy of Michael Jeffrey Jordan. Which if you think about it, sounds very stupid. Because NO ONE can do what Jordan has done.

However, most Kobe haters are the BIGGEST Michael Jordan fans. And they despise what Kobe stands for.

Recently, these very same fans aboarded the LBJ train. Not because they feel that he will be better than Jordan. However LBJ is their SAVIOR from all the Kobe talk.

Again, JVJ all I ask is to GIVE the same scrunity to LBJ that Kobe has been unfairly punished for.

RICKY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Shocked Kobe is no where near Jordan.. NO WHERE, so thats not the reason. Some people just don't like him for the way he is but no one doubts his skills.

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RICKY wrote:
Shocked Shocked Kobe is no where near Jordan.. NO WHERE, so thats not the reason. Some people just don't like him for the way he is but no one doubts his skills.

ricky your lakers will be 1-0 tonight, yayyy Laughing Laughing
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

DONCUE_69

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if this is not a statement game tonight i don't know what it is, you can bring dwight howard ecery night the result gonna be the same, orlando magic is all about their shooting game, you can defend that then you will end up winning 100-75, the difference in that game was la is a better all around team and their bench is way deeper, orlando they only have pietrus who could make some shots, then again he was defended and spent too much energy on the best player on the face of the earth, still scored 40 points 8 assists 8 rebounds, i predict L.A in 5 games winning the trophy, and i am beeing very generous here
S- WEET
S- OUND
klass it is bebi

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 44 of 58

Jump to: