KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Trips to Haiti billboards in Miami

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daphnee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Trips to Haiti billboards in Miami Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all, has anyone seen the billboards in Miami about seeking paradise and trips to Haiti. I saw one around the airport and called the number and I spoke with a representative who stated that they were taking strides to change Haiti's image and actually promote tourism on their own. I complimented the individual and told her that she was taking a great initiative because this is the first time I've seen any billboards promoting tourism in Haiti, I just thought I would share the info with you guys. keep an eye out for them, she told me the billboards are all over Miami and they also have a website as well. I'm not affiliated with this organization nor am I going to provide links or ph#'s because its against KM rules and Pat would come after me

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chachou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Great! Reply with quote Back to top

That is a great initiative indeed! However, I do think this organization needs to partner with the government if they are going to invite people in droves to the country especially wit the random acts of kidnappings still going on! I hope when and if she's already partnered with the government that they provide security for the destinations!

Antouka that is a great initiative--artists paint / artisana nou yo ap resi jwen soulajment pou talent you!

"The Brightest Future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches." Anonymous

daphnee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chachou...they are affiliated with the government. From what she told me they are partnered with the Department of tourism and they have a shuttle pick them up from the airport and then take them to another smaller airport so they can then go to their destination and its an all inclusive type of deal. I checked out the website and it seems like they're making big moves. They have a symposium schedueled in June in Miami Beach regarding tourism with vendors, sponsors and donors this year.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boulevardestubes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a good initiative.

Daphne, maybe you can ask Pat for permission to post the website. I am sure many of us would like to know for our next trip home.

Xcel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Daph,

Thank you for sharing this with us. Chapeau ba pou yo. Keep us posted.

islandprincesse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for sharing Daphne I have not seen the billboards yet but similar marketing strategies have worked for places like the Bahamas, Jamaica and others. With all the negative images people see in the media we need to also show the positives to bring back tourism to our little corner.

belchokola

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great initiative.... I am hopeful that Haiti's tourism will be revived. I am even more hopeful that the country itself will be suitable enough to extend a warm welcome to her daughters and sons.....
Thanks for sharing.
Please Daphnee do keep us posted.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: