KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

THE FANS MAY BE THE WINNERS IF RITCHIE LEAVES ZENGLEN
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gromosso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Raymi/MexRoots, I agree 100% One clarification though Raymi, Richie's problem is with Archill Productions (Zenglen's financier) if I'm not mistaking. Unfortunately, the band got caught in the middle.

If Richie does leave, the band will go on. Afterall, Zenglen Forever. They were in existence before Richie and they will still be around after Richie. Afterall, Richie himself said it.

Good luck to all parties involved.

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: THE FANS MAY BE THE WINNERS IF RITCHIE LEAVES ZENGLEN Reply with quote Back to top

Raymi wrote:

If their performance at SOBs shown on KReYol TV is any indication, I think the band's live perfromances will not sufer as Zenglen is the Brazil of Konpa because they are loaded with talent at every position. Where they will suffer the most will be the lost of his leadership, his charismatic personality and more importantly, his talent as Producer and Hit maker.

And I think the lost of Ritchie's leadership and talent in the studio as hit maker and producer for Zenglen can and should be considered a lost for Zenglen fans too Ray.

True - the fans will benefit by having more bands and variety. But I think a growth in well executed music, creatively inspired hits, and memorable albums/songs are bigger gains for the konpa consumer than more bands; especially today's konpa consumer - whom tend to be more selective and picky.

I just think it's never a good idea to break up a band with such solid foundation. Back in the days, you could get away with it (Shleu Shleu - Skah Shah, Dejean - System Band), but in today's fiercely competitive konpa market, I simply wouldn't chance it.

Ti Boxer

PhizUniq

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: THE FANS MAY BE THE WINNERS IF RITCHIE LEAVES ZENGLEN Reply with quote Back to top

Ti boxer wrote:
And I think the lost of Ritchie's leadership and talent in the studio as hit maker and producer for Zenglen can and should be considered a lost for Zenglen fans too Ray.

True - the fans will benefit by having more bands and variety. But I think a growth in well executed music, creatively inspired hits, and memorable albums/songs are bigger gains for the konpa consumer than more bands; especially today's konpa consumer - whom tend to be more selective and picky.

Ti Boxer,

Se pa manti non papa... Zenglen would definitely miss that incredible hit maker and song writter talent that Richie has, and the sound he created as well.

E bagay sa yo, ou pa jwenn yo chak jou non.

Richie is the one who made me a fan of Zenglen, no one else but the Superstar Maker himself. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one in this case.

I don't know man... It pisses me off so much to see this happening to Richie and Zenglen.

Ti boxer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Broduer Phiz - pa'm,

I know of ....say....12 people who feel exactly the same way as you. Le'm di'w exactly, I mean absolutely exactly!

Now this is just people that Boxer knows! A small sample indeed, but a vast majority - if you ask me!

I'm not sure Archill and Ritchie are aware of that though! Se problem nan sa wi.

Ti Boxer

Raymi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Boxer,

The first thing that I said in the post is that my wish is for Ritchie and Achill and the band to come to an understanding so the band can continue as is.

But, If and In case that cannot happen, I propose that the future may not as gloomy as we predict.

My opinion was based on the fact that things cannot work out and Ritchie and only Ritchie were to leave Zenglen.
In that scenario, I believe that the band has enough talent to continue on, especially with their live performances.

Now as far when they have to produce an album and create a sound, now they would sorely miss Richie' producing talent and leadership.

If on the other hand, Ritchie were to leave and it turned into a situation where Ritchie would pull musicians from Zenglen, then forget about it, we'd all lose.

That's why I used the Kompa Kreyol example. When the band was breaking up we were all against it. But David was able to recruit capable musicians and now we're all winners.

Sometimes, in life relationships cannot work out and people have to move on. It happens in Sports, Music, family and with husbands and wives.

So I'll say it again, I wish Ritchie comes back to the band because they're really that close to being the #1 band in the industry but if that cannot happen,

I'm gleaming at the possibility of a band involving Rithie and Jude Jean...
or Ritchie and Gary Didier Perez....

Much love
Raymi.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: