KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

CARIMI IN ORLANDO BAL REVIEW (DECEMBER 20TH - 2008)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index ->
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: CARIMI IN ORLANDO BAL REVIEW (DECEMBER 20TH - 2008) Reply with quote Back to top

I had the chance to catch Carimi in Orlando last night.

Fo mwen avwe nou mwen kapab gen ninpot deux ans mwen pa tande jazz la jwe.

Let me start with the negatives first.

Premye bagay mwen genyen pou mwen reproche jazz la c'est que how dare carimi? how dare carimi not play "se la'm pwale"?

I mean seriously. bon mesye si nou ap li review saa... nou dwe'm sa. pou nou vini jwe mizik saaa pou mwen lakay mwen. pito nou p'at jwe "porfavor" nou te jwen se la'm pwale.

deuxieme bagay lan se ke malgre jazz lan fe on ti efo ... jazz la still manke mizik sitou nan mizik slow yo. Groove glenny tro redundant. mesye lague glenny souple! nou pa ka gen on guitarist talentieux konsa nan jazz la pou nou mare'l de bra deye konsa. lague glenny!

troisieme bagay lan se break yo. genyen on bann unneeded break nan mizik yo. sitou mizik midtempo yo. ou gen dwa ap fe on ti plogue laa epi ou rive nan syel de je ou femen. onlot kade ou tande on "KOKOKOKO out of nowhere ki telman fe ou pantan ou pedi tout ti feeling nan.

CARIMI, if you're going to play apiye... jwen apiye jan li ye sou cd a s'il vou plait. my favorite carimi song ever. jan ti mizik saa groovy li dous live. m'ap pare'm pou'm al fe on bon ti plogue...epi carimi jwen mizik la an canaval kareman. ah mesye... fo nou pa fe bagay konsa. carimi has enough fast songs in its repertoire that you guys do not need to speed up the mid tempo songs.

Michael did not seem to be his usual energetic self last night. It seems like something was missing last night with his animation.

mesye si tina ap jwen on gig ak carimi se pou li jwen on gig ak carimi. Manmzel pa ka vini chante on grenn chante epi li ale. oh oh. epi 40 dola oui moun peye to see carimi and tina. tchuip.

kounye a ban mwen pran positif yo.

I had a better time than the last time I went to carimi.

The sound was much better than the last time I went to carimi.

the party started on time.

mesye yo jwe mizik yo yonn deye lot san pale anpi. which gave them a lot of time to play songs from their first second and third album. mwen te vraiement apresye sa.

They played some oldies... chagrin kriminel, apiye, i wanna be and bang bang. It reminded me and I'm sure a lot of people as well, the reasons why we first fell in love with carimi.

Carlo's voice was amazing last night. great job!

Richard cave did a great job performing a tes cotes with tina. She was amazing. and the crowd was really into that song.

They did a nice transition with richard' songs when they switched from or favor into my first time. very nice. I wish they would have done that with carlo's songs as well. That would have given them more time to play se la'm pwale.

I did not come out of the party feeling 100 percent satisfiied only because I have outgrown carimi's style... but to a pure carimi fan, it was a pretty decent party. The crowd was having fun and gouyad pedu lavi yo.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for this thorough review SIWOMIEL. Good job.

KM!

Misskompa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the review SIWO... any pics?

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're right on point Syro. Nicely done!

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Siro ou te la tou, thanks for the review.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AWESOME REVIEW SIRO!... Geee you need to go to more parties more often!.. Just kidding!.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks girl!..

Sanrick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depuis mwen alle nan Carimi Carlo pas chante, yo pat menm besoin vin jwe si se pou mwen.

Se La'm Prale is a must neg yo ta suppose toujours jwe mizik sa. Et mwen remarke menm bagay ak ou, neg yo jwe Apiye ak lot ancien mizik yo trop vite pou mwen.

Thanks for the review, very fair!

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Syro been waiting all day to get details and to hear what you were hearing ...
anyway i think you should go out more often Laughing Laughing
and if you have a favorite ..go upfront and request it or have a friend do it for you.

Goshhhhhhhhhh you were in heaven here ...Djazz la jwe' 13 music tout pou ou Razz Razz next time request it ...

but i do feel you i love that song 2 but hmphhhhh but nou te jwen Orlando so make an effort to catch them more often pleaseeee Wink

chagrin kriminel
wanna be
apiye
Mwen sou
pouvwa
banm permision
kidnaping
por favor
macho
sak fet lan carimi ...(rete sou km Laughing )
couvre' feu
ur my #1
Nasty biznis

ahhhhhhhhhhh Mache' ou danser pou tout Kob ou a Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Yo guinle' te bliye' Azibidow Razz

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
konpa rockers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanx for the review.... Cool

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yanvaloo wrote:
Syro been waiting all day to get details and to hear what you were hearing ...
anyway i think you should go out more often Laughing Laughing
and if you have a favorite ..go upfront and request it or have a friend do it for you.

Goshhhhhhhhhh you were in heaven here ...Djazz la jwe' 13 music tout pou ou Razz Razz next time request it ...

but i do feel you i love that song 2 but hmphhhhh but nou te jwen Orlando so make an effort to catch them more often pleaseeee Wink

chagrin kriminel
wanna be
apiye
Mwen sou
pouvwa
banm permision
kidnaping
por favor
macho
sak fet lan carimi ...(rete sou km Laughing )
couvre' feu
ur my #1
Nasty biznis

ahhhhhhhhhhh Mache' ou danser pou tout Kob ou a Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Yo guinle' te bliye' Azibidow Razz

menm azibidow mwen te azibidow yanvaloo.

you should have seen me doing my little azibidow dance!

no but in all sincerity... I had fun. menm si mwen te gen ti complaint ke mwen te deja avwe nan review a.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: