KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

STEVE & RUDY: 2 FORMER CARIMI MEMBERS TALK ABOUT CARIMI

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI VIDEO NEWS/GROUP TV SHOWS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: STEVE & RUDY: 2 FORMER CARIMI MEMBERS TALK ABOUT CARIMI Reply with quote Back to top

At the CARIMI "7TH HEAVEN" Party, we spoke to the 2 former CARIMI members that were guests at the event, guitar player STEVE DESROSIERS, and drummer RUDY NAU.

We asked them a few questions, and we also asked them about the 2008 version of CARIMI...about if they like it or prefer the way that the band used to be when they were part of the group.

We got some very interesting answers from STEVE and RUDY.

*CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW to see the 5 minute VIDEO CLIP.

http://www.kreyoltv.com/media/rudysteve.mov

KM!

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

CAN'T GET IT TO PLAY...........

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

IF you have QUICKTIME...It should be NO PROBLEM.

QUICKTIME...if you don't, download it for FREE at their site.

KM!

et-VII-era

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

steve was on point throughout the whole interview, spoken like a true artist. this cat was so underrated as a guitar player with carimi. good luck with nomads. Cool.

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to love these sorts of programming on KM!

Quick notes....

I. I think a lot of us that started with Carimi seven years ago (wow I am getting old), feel the same way that Steve does. That Carimi is CLASSIC. I watched the performance with Mika and Steve and it was pure magic, even though I think the rest of guys couldv'e gotten more into it.

2. Steve is also right about people in my generation doing the HOMEWORK. The only way to understand this music, is to know where it came and how it developed.

I have forced myself to listen to GREAT and BAD old school konpa. But at the end of it all, it's good medicine.

Pat, I enjoyed the clip. I hope to see more if your schedule permits!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ KREYOL

You fall into that CARIMI "CLASSIC" fan group, instead of the CARIMI of "TODAY"?

PS: Glad you enjoyed the clip.

KM!

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carimi Classic all the way!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KREYOL

Maybe a NEW THREAD about your BREAKDOWN of CARIMI "CLASSIC" and CARIMI 2008.

The PROS and CONS of BOTH CARIMI'S

SI'W KAPAB break li down that is Confused Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

KM!

modernsound

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, well, well, It was nice seeing the different parts of the clip where Steve was actually performing with Carimi.

Steve, was a big factor In the success of Carimi' s earlier live shows.

I remembered that day @ club A when they have announced that Steve was departing from the band. @ the time, I thought they were joking.

I knew that the live Carimi shows I used to enjoy would also be gone with the departure of Steve. Boy, was I right?

It Is nice watching Steve and Rudy playing with Carimi again.

jeancelestin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WELL, I REALLY DO NOT KNOW ABOUT CARIMI CLASSICAL? THINGS HAVE TO EVOLUATE AND THERE IS NOTHING STATIC!
YES, IT WAS GOOD TIME, BUT CAN A BAND STAY THE SAME? I THINK THAT WHAT MADE TABOUT WHAT THEY WERE. THEY HAD LEARNED TO MOVE WITH THE TIME!
I THINK THE FACT CARIMI HAS ADDED DRUMS, GONG AND OTHER INSTRUMENTS, IS A SIGN OF EVOLUTION
DO YOU GUYS THINK CARIMI COULD HAVE STAYED THE SAME WASY AS THEY STARTED? I DOUBT IT!
SOONER OR LATER, THEY WOULD HAVE TO EVOLUATE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI VIDEO NEWS/GROUP TV SHOWS! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: