KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*PICTURES: CARIMI 7TH HEAVEN ANNIVERSARY PARTY BASH PHOTOS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> PARTY PICTURES/PHOTO GALLERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FUNKY

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nice picsssssss...thx for sharing Wink

Aesha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carimi last night for their 7th Anniversary...

Sad to say I agree with Diasporadyol & Belfanm:
I was greatly disapointed at Carimi's performance last night.
If not for the ballons (why blue & white??? we all know your boys already) and the prepy school boy uniform, I would not have been able to tell it was a 7th year anniversary celebration.

Don't get me wrong, I still had a good time and danced all night long Embarassed Laughing but it was not at all special.

1st BLOW - You'de think that on their anniversary, the band would make sure that for this ONE NIGHT they would cross their "t"s and dot their "i"s. They started at 1am!! It's not like they don't know it takes forever for them to set up! They should have been there bright and early to make sure everything was correct.

2nd BLOW - The sound was ok, but nothing jumped out of their performance. Their last anniversary celebrations, their was something special, an extra umph! that you could hear in their voices, see on their faces. Sadely, last night those things were nowhere to be found. They were playing like Michael always says when SOBs in empty "on ti bal relax". If not for the guests, it would have truly been bleme.

3rd BLOW - The song selections for that night. I'm sure they know what expectations the fans had of this bal. Many of us had voiced that we wanted to hear a sort of chronological best of Carimi from all their albums up to now. How in the world did they not play "I wanna be"? or Let's get it on" or so many others? The new grooves or kout gita, we've heard before, even for a few moments. Plus Azibido???? Seriopusly, whay are you guys still singing this? You would think it was your 1st ever kanaval song! It's your anniversary for crying out loud!!!!

***CARIMI, this is NY, your soit disant home town, and this was your performance? Is it that you think this is all we are worth it? I've noticed that you always seem to slack of some when your here. Why? wouldn't your home town be the place you rock the most?***

4th BLOW - Yeah, and those gift bags, pito nou pat bay anyen Rolling Eyes and just threw the carimi tshirts in the crowd. Because this felt like a voila gift bag (if I can even call it that) then a carimi one. You pnly had 1 item in there! And somebody elses CD!!!!! Why not copies of your 1st two lives for example?

Enfin... Arrow

It was nice hanging out with my KM peeps and epaves! Razz
Yanva - bagay yo te bon nan men w! Laughing

personal opinion oui s'il vous plait!!!

Dekale

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Happy B day CaRiMi.... when it comes to this band i don't know what to say.....Mete konpa nan janm tout moun....epi nap kite'l macheeeeeeeeeeeeee.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yef

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great party!! I had such a headache that I didn't enjoy myself as much as I wanted!! Carimi map tann anniversary #8 la!!

daphnee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I knew it was going to be packed Shocked Shocked geez louise Laughing Laughing..Alot of KM faces in the crowd and yeah I get the blue and white theme (7th heaven)emphasis on heaven right?!? Laughing Laughing

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Clifton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was so happy to be in Carimi's birthday and to see that member with her grandmother Wink Wink Laughing Laughing alo Belfanm pale avek zanmi an non... Laughing Laughing re Laughing Laughing tire li nan mize a non Laughing Laughing

Back to the post, breif I did not really enjoy the party at the begining because it was over crowd. It was one the party, that Jube had full the place with all different kind of people seriously (90% bel mounn e 10% mounn ki sanble ak t mafi yo). Overall, they played well even in 2 or 3 song they lost but they did a very good night.

Glenny award Wink Wink Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes After Steve came up to the stage I saw Glenny does not merit that honor. Sincerely, Glenny does not work for it at all; he has been copying Steve from the top to the bottom... I know he is an excellent songwriter but if it was for playing the guitar at this time I would never give him an award. Until he comes with a new harmonize, since has been playing for the band nothing modify in term groove. Hopefully, he will make a change on himself to get an award with powerful. Good luck to Glenny and Carimi.

Special thank you Michael and once again He jogged my memory of Michael Jackson show when came up to the stage with that song, Ou Pati (BIMA) the crowd went so crazy and I could see girls wanted to get him on the stage. That was the time those three young women got my almost whipped Laughing Laughing ; that is showing me Michael is not doing well with Krezi Mizik, what I saw that guy did in SOB’S HMM! HMM! Or else I guess Krezi Mizik needs to have some gigs in the US to do better... Exclamation

Benny Blanco

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gade moun KM yo ki ter la... Mwen regret mwen pat we nou, ou konnen mwen pa lan zafer pep, so mwen ter cache lan yon kwen pou mwen touye tet mwen avec tafia... ha ha...

CatDog ou anrage... Ou chita kote'm epi ou pa di'm se fet ou pou mwen ter fer yo porte'w dehor vendredi soir... Don't worry, prochen fwa map pete fiel ou anba tafia... ha ha...

As for the bal. I had a blast... My legs still hurting si telman mwen pompe... All I can say, CaRiMi is a true NYC band... I mean, damn near all of NYC/NJ was in the building... Mwen mem kwaze a neg ki lan cache... ha ha... The band played wonderfully, the dude on the guitar was ill during one of their songs, he killed it! I had my back turned away from the stage when "Ou Pati" was playing & said to my friend "dam Mike sounds like Mika", turn around to my surprise it was Mika... Fanatik Krezi yo sorti pou pran bal la... ha ha...

My only disappointment was the fact that it was hotter than a camel's ass in there, even though I wasn't in the full, I lost 30lbs, pou wer jan mwen vin sexy apre bal sa... Luckily CaRiMi handed out gift bags & I was able to use the poster as a fan & then the t-shirt as an umbrella once I got outside.. CatDog good looking on the gift bag... ha ha ha...

Robie Rob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

IT WAS A NICE PARTY TO BE IN FRIDAY AT SOBS....CARIMI DID THEIR THING....ME AND NENEVICE WAS DISCUSSING HOW CARIMI BAND DEYE SOUNDED A LITTLE BIT OFF BALANCE...MEANING SOMETHING IS MISSING IN SOME OF THE SONG THAT THEY PLAYED THAT NIGHT....DONT GET ME WRONG THO I HAD A LOT OF FUN....

I WAS NICE SEEING, PERRY (OU TE JWEN PAM...BAGAY YO TE TRES BEL LAN MAIN OU...LOL) PAT, RICKY, NEG OKAP, JIMBO, DIASPORADYOL, BELFAMN, EY, CATDOG, JAY BROOKLYN, AESHA, NENEVICE, YANVA, CLIFTON.

KOMPA ROCKERS(NICE MEETING U DA FIRST TIME BRO)

tikReZi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only wish i could've been there. Spoke to Richard and Mika . they are definitly satisfied !
i had them tell me every single detail and seemed like i lost BIG TIMEEE !!
cant wait for december ! . congrats guys. great seeing steeviiiiii in the pics and ofcourse Roudy .Didnt know about that surprise.
ps : Rich , carlo and Mika...wonderful pictures of u guys at the end Wink luvu

Tilouj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with a few people this is not at all what i expected. If it wasn't for the performance of Mika and Steve and seeing some of the km members, i would not have said that the trip wasn't worth it. Lot of people seemed to have enjoyed themselves but i couldn't get into it, mostly because the place was packed and people kept bumping into me, and spill some of their drinks on me, I moved that didn't improve and the party started extremely late.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> PARTY PICTURES/PHOTO GALLERY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: