KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

PHANTOMS FACES THE MUSIC WITH NEW SINGLE "SORRY"!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: PHANTOMS FACES THE MUSIC WITH NEW SINGLE "SORRY"! Reply with quote Back to top

*ARTIST: PHANTOMS

*SONG: "SORRY"

http://www.kreyoltv.com/mp3/sorry.mp3

Here is another edition of our "FACE THE MUSIC". This is what we need from the panel/members.

YOU will grade the song/artist in FOUR categories on a scale of 1 TO 5. In each one of the categories you tell us why you gave them the grade that you did (Could be brief or not)

Look at our RANKINGS GRADE CHART to see what each one of the scores mean.

5 BUZZWORTHY: Keep an eye on this group/artist.
4 GOOD: You got my attention, even though the song is not perfect
3 FAIR: Average piece of work
2 POOR: Needs a LOT OF WORK
1 UNACCEPTABLE: Should Not have gotten in the studio to waste our time

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL

B) MUSICIANSHIP

C) VOCALS

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT:

kompared

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 4

B) MUSICIANSHIP 4

C) VOCALS 5

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS 3

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: I like the song. Since PHANTOMS is not fully active in the live circuit it will take a lot of promotion for the song to reach the hit status. However it has hit ingredients

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are they really serious, honestly please tell me this is not for real. Let me go back and listen to it again.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
ILandfaces

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

B) MUSICIANSHIP 4

C) VOCALS 5

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: I like the song. Since PHANTOMS is not fully active in the live circuit it will take a lot of promotion for the song to reach the hit status. However it has hit ingredients

Kompared are we listening to the same song.

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL (2) Nothing catchy

B) MUSICIANSHIP (2) piano yon kote, bass la yon kote, maybe i need to go listen to the song again

C) VOCALS (4) bon vokal as always

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS (3) way to basis and the song is way to long

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: Go back to the studio and mix the song properly and please who is player the piano?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
kompared

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Islanfaces, the line "I'M SORRY" is very catchy. The repetition of that chorale does the trick for me. This is the kind of "hook" that makes every song a hit.

A song does not have to be musically sophisticated or good to be popular.

PHANTOMS is smart to use the "DONT YOU KNOW I LOVE U" formula to make that song.

Well, that is my opinion.
Very Happy

nustyle11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HIT FACTOR--- 4 ........This song has alot of potential especially if it get the necessary play time on the radio

MUSICIANSHIP---4......Those guys did a decent job on the song.

VOCALS----4.......i would put Kino a step below of Pipo and yet he still maintains his status as an excellent vocalist.

LYRICS---3.....The subject matter can be better. Needs alittle work.

This is a good song and this is a preview of things to come, i can't wait for the final product to come out. Good job!

A couple of suggestion i would like to make!

1) The beginning of the song needs to be changed from English to Creole...The English part does not flow too well with the song.

2)Refrain Kino from saying "YEAH" too much......It's annoying!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Haitianone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL: 2, nothing spectacular

B) MUSICIANSHIP: 4 apparently they did a great job

C) VOCALS: 4 Kino is excellent

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS:0, come on now man this nothing to jump

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: The corny intro with Jensen and the musical content which is average at the most the song just does hit me.

Evie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

5 BUZZWORTHY: Keep an eye on this group/artist.
4 GOOD: You got my attention, even though the song is not perfect
3 FAIR: Average piece of work
2 POOR: Needs a LOT OF WORK
1 UNACCEPTABLE: Should Not have gotten in the studio to waste our time

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL - (3)

B) MUSICIANSHIP -(4)

C) VOCALS -(3) The woman who starts screaming at the end of the last "I'm sorry" is not needed...it messes up the song!!! When Kino says 'WOYOYO..." it does not go well with the song either...HAS TO GO
Exclamation The woman screaming at the end is unecessary as well!!!

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS -(4)

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: This song has potential but it is ALL OVER the place. Take out that woman who is screaming and the unecessary comments...it kills the song!!!

I love the part when Kino says "gade non medame kimbe nom ou pi du Smile ....niccccccceeeee!!!! I also love the guitar sound in the middle of the song Wink !!!!

All I have to say Phantoms is FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS Exclamation This song has potential, take out all the other stuff out and you should be fine...you guys kind off lost yourselves in this song Exclamation

jeanVALjean

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL - (3)

B) MUSICIANSHIP -(3)

C) VOCALS 4

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS -3

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: It's been a while since I've enjoyed a Phantom song. While this song didn't knock my socks off, it's definitely worthy of a buzz. Gin bel ti ploge ki ka fet anba kout keyboard yo. Kino shows why he's always been and always will be an absolute superstar! Neg la son original!!! Respect!!!

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompared wrote:

B) MUSICIANSHIP 4

C) VOCALS 5

kompared like you always say this ur opinion but like islandfaces said i listened to the son 3times...are we talking about the same song. the only good things about this song ARE:

VOCALS 5 KINO STILL GOT IT GOING ON. THE VOCAL IS JUST GREAT

MUSICIANSHIPS 4.....

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: