KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Kompa's quandary: Saving Its Legacy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Machiavel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Kompa's quandary: Saving Its Legacy Reply with quote Back to top

I attempted to find some information on Yvon Louissaint the other day on the internet, and I was stupefied when my google searched yielded zero results. For any of us who grew up in the 70s, Yvon Loussaint was one of most prolific voices in kompa music, yet there is nothing online about this great legend. How could this have happened? From a historical perspective, Black people have always relied on oral history, but with the advent of modern technolgy, there is practically no reason why we have not done a better job at preserving our musical history on paper and online.

Unless we do a better job at preserving our history, we may never live to see to see the progression of kompa.

Mrchampagna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yvon LOUISSAINT Et Les Antillais - Zin

Guest: GĂ©rard DANIEL
Executive Producer: Patrick ANSON

01. Bel Mari Pou Li
02. Zin
03. Mal Pensée
04. Potpouri

Production : Macaya
Distribution : Anson

This Album was Recorded in 1978 after he left Les Freres Dejean and was replaced By Harold Joseph of Super 9

He recorded several Pot-Pourri Albums and Reunited in 1987 with Douby on the Ou Tropem Album of System Band

He Recorded a few more Pot-Pourris before he passed away in the early 90's

He was part of a mini jazz before he joined Freres Dejean in the mid 70's but I can't remember which one right now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Machiavel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Mr. Champagne.

I do own a couple of his albums but one of them was damaged, I haven't been able to replace it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: