Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - IS ZENGLEN 5me VITESSE DOING WELL?
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

IS ZENGLEN 5me VITESSE DOING WELL?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompa'npiwo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: IS ZENGLEN 5me VITESSE DOING WELL? Reply with quote Back to top

More than 6 months, Zenglen latest CD "5me Vitesse" is out, with a lot of expectation from fans and friends close to the group. After the release of this CD there was much discussion and critism from Zenglen fans and the fans of rival bands. After more than 6 months there isn't talk about the CD anymore and reviews for "5me Vitesse"- only some reviews about their Haiti summer tour. Can a Zenglen fan or any board member come to the board to let us know "what debi deba deblo".

1)Is Zenglen's CD doing well?

2)How many hits are in this cd?

3)How many mega hits are in this cd?

4)Is this Zenglen CD "5me Vitesse" better than "Happy 50 Konpa," "5 Etoiles," and "Yo Remele?"

5)Is everyone satisfied whith the results and, have their
expectations been met?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
yanvaloo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it seem to me that the CD ...Just die man .. have not heard much about them ..no buzz what's so ever .

Now i ask myself why.... Mi'm tande' mwen pa tande' yo live...and beside that bal with Nulook in ny that i missed they haven't been up here.
If i had some sound mwen tap di'w yap bien jwe' ect ect .. but tout bagay bloke' ..Anyway Arrow

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mizikamort

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sincerly, I think the CD is great.
Neg yo gen album nan men yo pou yo fe moun danse ploge e pou yo fe moun vole anle.
Men mwen jus pa konprann ki pwoblem Djaz la, li pa fe twop bri.

Djaz la pa fe trop bri, men se pa album nan ki fe sa
Neg yo gen machandiz nan men yo pou yo ta bizi bizi.
Mwen jus pa konprann sakap pase.

tropidisc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To those that are asking the album is doing very well and is meeting our expectations. I would recommend those that have not pick-up their copy to do so. The same album that received so much criticism was just nominated for Les Trophees Des Arts Afrocaribeens. The nominated were Kassav(Gaudeloupe/Martinique), Espoir 2000 (Cote-D'Ivoire), Tounga (La Reunion). All new album from around the world were up for nomination. The top 4 were choosen based on sells and airplay. I am taking the time to congradulate Zenglen on their nomination.

Where words fail... music speaks

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tropidisc wrote:
To those that are asking the album is doing very well and is meeting our expectations. I would recommend those that have not pick-up their copy to do so. The same album that received so much criticism was just nominated for Les Trophees Des Arts Afrocaribeens. The nominated were Kassav(Gaudeloupe/Martinique), Espoir 2000 (Cote-D'Ivoire), Tounga (La Reunion). All new album from around the world were up for nomination. The top 4 were choosen based on sells and airplay. I am taking the time to congradulate Zenglen on their nomination.

Im Happy to hear that Congrats to them... there are quite a few nice songs and i'm glad they deserve it.
But brother Meeting the expectation (our) are you talking about Producers?
what about the band as a whole, live Circuit ect .. I Know you beleive in the Live Circuit cause you just say so right here on an other Tread.
So i'm asking you what the band as a whole , buzz, Play on Radio what people are saying on the street ect...I'm sure you get my Drift.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Haitian Sensation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the truth is that the cd is not commercial enough!!! but 4 real the cd is really good!! 5eme vitesse is a good beat but definitely not a hit...I heard it live and its fire... Zenglen best track on the cd is Lets start over and destin (slow love songs)... They should push those songs more.. video would be good!!!

tropidisc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yanvaloo- By our, I clearly meant the producers' expectation. I am sure that my expectations as a producer and the public may be different.

Where words fail... music speaks

kafou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Manman'm e pale'm
PAPA'm te pale'm
KAFOU te pale'm

ALL i am saying is that i told you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo JISKOZO epi ninpokijan; m'pa kon fe propagan, nor bay manti. la verite se netwaje zye'w et ouvri lespri'w

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: IS ZENGLEN 5me VITESSE DOING WELL? Reply with quote Back to top

kompa'npiwo wrote:
More than 6 months, Zenglen latest CD "5me Vitesse" is out, with a lot of expectation from fans and friends close to the group. After the release of this CD there was much discussion and critism from Zenglen fans and the fans of rival bands. After more than 6 months there isn't talk about the CD anymore and reviews for "5me Vitesse"- only some reviews about their Haiti summer tour. Can a Zenglen fan or any board member come to the board to let us know "what debi deba deblo".

4)Is this Zenglen CD "5me Vitesse" better than "Happy 50 Konpa," "5 Etoiles," and "Yo Remele?"

expectations been met?

Thanks, Kompa'npiwo for opening this forum about my favorite band.
I will try my best to offer my most honest opinion.
Before I start, I must remind you all that, to me, Zenglen is the best kompa band and that I listen to this band more than all the other bands combined.
Now let me answer the questions.

1. I am not too sure that the CD is doing well. The CD is not too commercial and nowadays the public is much more into the voye monte and bri that a band will have a very difficult selling quality music to a public which has. a tendency to sacrifice good music for bri and dumb slogans.
2. The CD is full of hits but I may be a little biased since I love and enjoy the band's music
3. As far as megahits, I honestly do not know.
4. I would not say that 5eme Vitesse is better than the other CDs for the simple fact that Zenglen, in each CD, always brings something new to the table. Zenglen is the only band ki pa lan bouyon rechauffe. Zenglen's music toujou ap pouse kompa direk la lan yon lot dimensyon.
5. Musically, the expectations have been met but the results are not to my liking. If one measures results in terms of CD sell, booking, popularite, the CD has failed miserably.
In my opinion, I will attribute the failure for the following reasons:
1. instead of sticking to Kenny who was the main vocalist on the CD, the band panicked and threw a monkey wrench in the mix by introducing Dabenz as a co-vocalist. Therefore agreeing with the puiblic that Kenny was not up too par. The band should have kept supporting Kenny and with good promotion and advocacy of Zenglen's good soldiers, like yours truly, the CD would have been a success.
2nd, the band is in dire need of a good marketing stategy.
3rd, the bands needs to be managed better. I am not saying bad management but I am calling for better management.
4. The needs an upgrade
The band needs to attract to younger crowd and recycling should be the order of the day.
And My name is Zenglen....ALWAYS......

kafou

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: IS ZENGLEN 5me VITESSE DOING WELL? Reply with quote Back to top

Jay Brooklyn wrote:
kompa'npiwo wrote:

expectations been met?

Thanks, Kompa'npiwo for opening this forum about my favorite band.
I will try my best to offer my most honest opinion.
Before I start, I must remind you all that, to me, Zenglen is the best kompa band and that I listen to this band more than all the other bands combined.
Now let me answer the questions.

1. I am not too sure that the CD is doing well. The CD is not too commercial and nowadays the public is much more into the voye monte and bri that a band will have a very difficult selling quality music to a public which has. a tendency to sacrifice good music for bri and dumb slogans.
2. The CD is full of hits but I may be a little biased since I love and enjoy the band's music
3. As far as megahits, I honestly do not know.
4. I would not say that 5eme Vitesse is better than the other CDs for the simple fact that Zenglen, in each CD, always brings something new to the table. Zenglen is the only band ki pa lan bouyon rechauffe. Zenglen's music toujou ap pouse kompa direk la lan yon lot dimensyon.
5. Musically, the expectations have been met but the results are not to my liking. If one measures results in terms of CD sell, booking, popularite, the CD has failed miserably.
In my opinion, I will attribute the failure for the following reasons:
1. instead of sticking to Kenny who was the main vocalist on the CD, the band panicked and threw a monkey wrench in the mix by introducing Dabenz as a co-vocalist. Therefore agreeing with the puiblic that Kenny was not up too par. The band should have kept supporting Kenny and with good promotion and advocacy of Zenglen's good soldiers, like yours truly, the CD would have been a success.
2nd, the band is in dire need of a good marketing stategy.
3rd, the bands needs to be managed better. I am not saying bad management but I am calling for better management.
4. The needs an upgrade
The band needs to attract to younger crowd and recycling should be the order of the day.
And My name is Zenglen....ALWAYS......

why can't you guys admi the fact!

i told you guys the current singer will kokobe djazz la, nout tout te kouri deye'm and again how many gig have promotors force to cancel because people are not showing up to see the Zenglen.

ZENGLEN manke piman
ZENGLEN LACKS OF THAT PUNCH

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: