KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*MIKA BENJAMIN NEW SINGLE "LOVING MY LIFE"..LISTEN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ Pepla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: *MIKA BENJAMIN NEW SINGLE "LOVING MY LIFE"..LI Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious to where Mika wants to take this. It is an ok song that will not make much noise in the Haitian Market and will definitely not make it anywhere in the American Market.

The song is too typical and the lyrics are too weak for an english song. The beat on the other hand could be compare to too many beats but it is a tight beat.

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL - 2

B) MUSICIANSHIP - 4

C) VOCALS - 5

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS - 2

bigwilly81

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW MIKA SHOWING OFF HIS VERSATILITY ONCE AGAIN.

HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL APPEAL- I'LL GIVE A 3 ALL THOUGH IT'S A GREAT SONG I DON'T SEE IT DOING DAMAGE IN THE HMI OR AMI.

EVERYTHING ELSE GET A 10 OUT OF 5 IT'S THAT GOOD.

MIKA KEEP WORKING BROTHA YOU'RE ONE GOOD SWING AWAY FROM HITTING A HOME RUN TO THE AMI.

DJAKOUT #1
APA NOU TE NAN MENM BATO BEBET!! LOL
ESKE'W SET RECORD DEJA SOU KM??

HIPchick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know I'm late, but so be it:

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL: 4
just needs a bit more of a little original Mika flavor to distinguish itself from the other Akon/T-Pain nasal-like hits in the AMI

B) MUSICIANSHIP: 5 Nice flow, beats, really easy to just "feel" this song

C) VOCALS: 5 His voice is the right timbre for this type of song which isn't surprising since he uses his voice in different ways

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS: 5 I love the subject matter because it's uplifting and makes you wanna just bop your head and sing along and make you see the positive in your life. It's a bit corny but that's what makes it work cause ppl will get it instantly (my 4yr old niece did). Remember Nas' I know I can? Corny chorus but surefire hit Smile

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: This is the perfect song for Mika to shop for AMI opportunities (use as a demo) with because it shows he won't even need to adapt to that market cause he already has the ability to spit out a song that's marketable RIGHT NOW. If he has this song and an R&B ballad on a demo, I'm sure he'll get signed sooner rather than later cause it'll show his versatility as well as marketability. It lacks a little bit of something to woo people as a new artist (if he was established in the AMI already they'd eat it up) but he's mostly already there. I just started listening to it yesterday and already know every word Wink

Madman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Mika B Reply with quote Back to top

Mika Ben....

Ok! finally stepping up to the plate... it's like that uh kid... I guess we'll meet at the grammys...

Madman Jp

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> MUSIC All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: