Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - *TVICE 2009 COMPASFEST STATEMENT: WHY THEY WON'T BE THERE!
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*TVICE 2009 COMPASFEST STATEMENT: WHY THEY WON'T BE THERE!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: *TVICE 2009 COMPASFEST STATEMENT: WHY THEY WON'T BE THERE! Reply with quote Back to top

**BREAKING NEWS.....BREAKING NEWS*****

As promised by the TVICE camp, here is the statement from manager JESSIE "LA MADRE" AL-KHAL as to why TVICE will "NOT" be part of the 2009 COMPASFEST (#1 Haitian Compas Festival).

JESSIE: "Compasfest Statement

It was never my intention to go public about the T-Vice contract, but after reading Mr.Cerenord's statement regarding the reasons T-Vice will not participate in Compasfest 2009, it is fair enough that I let the fans know the "Real Reason"

T-Vice was one of the few Bands that performed at the first Compasfest in Miami when the festival had about 2000 attendees. We have a great deal of respect for "Noel and Cecibon" for bringing the Festival to where it is right now, a very successful event.

We in the Vice Camp have given our all to promote the Festival all year long and we have always managed to give the Best performance possible with the Budget that we were getting.

T-Vice has grown as a Band, from 4 musicians to 8. The Compasfest has grown as well, going from 2000 attendees to 30,000, from $15 to $40 entrance fees. Many Sponsors have joined along the way, and Compasfest has become one if not the Biggest Haitian Festival.
The Fans are asking for Diversity, people do not expect to see the musicians wearing a T-Vice T-shirt any more, it is normal that each year they expect us to give a bigger show than the year before.

Mr. Cerenord said in his statement to Kompamagazine that T-Vice did not accept the invitation to participate in this year's Compasfest. No Band ever gets an invitation from Compasfest, it's when Noel and Cecibon announce the Line Up usually around Labor Day Week End that the Bands know they have been chosen and that is why I did not wait for the Line up to go out, I sent a contract to "Noel and Cecibon" with some changes.
They responded by email to tell me that they could not meet our requirements, there was no negociation. Instead they cancelled all the contracts that we had with Noel and Cecibon for the rest of the Year, I guess because T-Vice DARED ask to make changes to the usual contract in order to make a Bigger show than what we had the years before.

The Attitude of the Compasfest owners shows clearly that they do not respect the values of our Artists and our contribution in making the Compasfest a successful and lucrative festival every year. It also shows that they, the owners, are the only one to Grow.

Therefore if we have to continue to give the same show every year and can not give our Fans what they expect from us, we T-Vice prefer not to participate since the budget that we have been getting for the last 5 years remains the same. There are many other Big Festivals as well in Miami, Canada, Haiti, Orlando and Paris in which T-Vice will participate.

Mr. Cerenord from "Noel and Cecibon" said himself on Kompamagazine that without T-Vice and Kreyol La back in 2005 the festival had more attendees, a way to justify T-Vice's absence from the line up. Is it also a message to tell the Bands that people do not come to the Festival for the Bands but for "Noel and Cecibon".

Please note that even if we do not participate in the Compasfest, T-Vice will be scheduled to perform that entire weekend in Miami.

Thank You For Your Patience and understanding on this matter.

Jessie Al-Khal
T-Vice Manager

k-lito

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just love this woman! Elle est KARE! Laughing

"It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste."
Henry Ford

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nustyle11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In this time of hardship, every band has the right to look for what is in their best interest and T-vice is no exception...Having said that, i feel like there should have been a common ground whre both the organizers and t-vice could have meet so they could have come to an understanding. I believe t-vice is a legal business entity and therefore it's in their best interst to go after what's beneficial to them.... By the same token, Noel ans Cecibon have the right to decide which bands should be in their festival/line up and it's really too bad it has to come down to this.

All i know, there's going to be a lot of people who won't make the trip for this year's festival due to the fact that T-vice won't be in the line-up.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Jessie for your side of the story. I know DIE HARD T-Vice fans will only focus on the negative and cry foul, I won't take that approach because crying won't change things. I still wish both Noel & Cecibon the best with their festival but it does DISAPPOINT me to hear that Noel & Cecibon wouldn't even try to negotiate something with a band that has had a really good and PROFITABLE relationship for many years with them, but hey, it's their FESTIVAL right, as always and as I have learned and seen it's either their way or the HIGH WAY.

Good luck T-Vice with all the parties you will participate in, on that weekend. Wink

lakay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love Jessie Manager normal si tout Manager jazz yo te konsa nan HMI an Kompa Direk ta rive pi loin......
Anyway Didn't i say that? I said T vice mande yon ti raise for some reason moun pate beliieve moin (correction) Thats ok moin konnin Lakay pa konn bay manti .... Samething for Fos Baron Festival sa preske out of Biznisssss

Last edited by lakay on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sanrick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zafe Jessie sa se kro koze... Ou bon tout bon vre... I like how you think and you guys make perfect sense. Si tout bands te pense menm jan ak nou peu tet ke te ka gen yon changement men yo pap fe'l.

You do what you gotta do and I'm sure that you guys will make it up elsewhere!

M'ta renmen lot manager yo li lettre sa.

Good luck!

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanx for staying on top of it... PAT

junimix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm not gonna talk for others but i'm gonna talk for myself i am a big fan of t-vice and for the last compas festival my wife and i came from California to Florida for T-vice. We brought friends from New york, Boston, New jerzey and Florida it was like a class reunion. We were about 10-12 people all together. We went to the T-vice -Carimi party, and the next day to compas festival. what i'm trying to say is the festival organiser need to know there is a lot of people who come to Florida just for a band and should take that in consideration.

Vaginald3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

manager ou finn paler

c biznis wap fe .....si yo paka agreer demande ou , jetew.

eske pat gen yon lot solution par contre pou fanatik vice la ki ta renmen we vice la nan festival la ?

siw pako river montreal ou pako ka we bel festival

nenevice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

La Madre respe pou ou... we do need more like You in the HMI..
She's doing exactly what every band/manager should do is to REVANDIKE your rights...
Now days prix gaz monte.. prix du riz monte.. oh boy even prix pate kode monte loll, if u recall the price of flour has went up therefore tout machan pate kode yo monte prix yo Laughing Laughing Laughing
In this case Mr Noel Himself has doudle charge the public on almost every single bal outhere on that wknd included $40..50 @ da gate (fest).. so why in da world yon si bel djazz konsa should stuck wit the same contract/price tag every year?
VIV la Madre tout ta epi dats it.. sak pa kontan anbake Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: