Warning: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/kompapa/public_html/oldboard/includes/page_header.php on line 44
KOMPA! MAGAZINE :: View topic - Clarification on Carimi Tet Camion issue...
KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Clarification on Carimi Tet Camion issue...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarimiNation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Clarification on Carimi Tet Camion issue... Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

We just got home from the parkway and I can tell you that although there is a lot of frustration within the band, we are happy that things ended up on a very positive note with the help of Shabba, and Wyclef...it truly wasnt about Carimi anymore, so nou tap pran plezi nou ampil... We finished the parkway, went by the juges and were still playing way after 7hpm... An official release will follow but I wanted to just clear up the air about the tet camion issue...

We have been around the float 24/7 for the past 3 days... The Truck was the first thing we(Garry Pierre Pierre, Fito and I) secured more than 1 week ago... We made sure that we had the smallest one so it wouldnt affect the front speakers.. Driver was suppose to show up at 9h30 am to hook up to the float for us to leave ... We wanted to be the first haitian band on the parkway... I got there at 9ham, fito around 8h30, the workers and sound people were there from 7ham... plus the people from Venus, watching the float... the driver told us that he came at 9ham, didn't see anyone and left, that is a lie! ! !... He wouldnt answer his phone until close to 10h30am... I may miss a few minor details, but when we got a hang of him, he was back in the bronx and told us that there was no way for him to get back... we are very disapointed as we wanted to show NY what we were about, and position and that truck were key to that...

We got another truck at around noon to 1hpm but it was soo high, it cancelled half of the front of the float....

We are not gonna call sabotage due to one reason, we are not cry babies... we'll regroup and make sure that this never happens again....

This is our first Eastern Parkway and there will be many more... Congrats to all my fellow bands... Haiti te bel ampil jodia....

Big up to all our sponsors, Solution Management, Kompa on Broadway, Venus prod, Voila, Varaonsite, Les Enfants de Demain, Palenet, Haitian Times for helping us, and everyone who contributed to this....

One Love
Mike

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks .

Video and Pics will do the Job...I had Fun lots of fun...epi Mwen Azibidow net al Kole'...

Nap Retan'n le' Gabana ak Jimbo Recover na tande' Rel ka Makorel.

you guys Pick up late....but apres 5:30 to 8pm...sete' ...Hmph Mwen pale' trop.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
belfam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the explanation and please do
that this does not happen again it was a little
painful watching you guys today

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanx for the clarification... Mike... Cool

junimix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have one question for you mike
did you carimi hire a truck company or a ti zanmi to do the job ?

CarimiNation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We hired a professional company... paid in full for a truck for the day with driver... Guess who is getting a visit bright and early tomorrow...

I'm out...

One Love

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That sucks BIG TIME! It's not sabotage we call that "Un coup de p***"...

CarimiNation wrote:
Guess who is getting a visit bright and early tomorrow...

I'm out...

One Love

I'll be blunt, se pa sa selman pou'l jwen...en bon français! Mr. Green

Thanks for the clarification.

freshprince of kompa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks Mike... you guys did great today

owen1055

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds like you guys did everything possible.

FUNKY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the info..make sure nou appran de erreu yo next year...mem si bagay yo pat finn bon..nou pa janm decouragé..good job guys Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: