KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TEMPO FACES MUSIC WITH NEW SINGLE "PRAN NAN CHO"!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Shocked Shocked JAY BROOKLYN answered a FACE THE MUSIC post. WOW. OK that's great.

Let's see if he gets the chance to respond to the other 2 bands that we posted TODAY as well...or if this is just a 1 time exception.....

I like your entry Jay Brooklyn.

KM!

Jay Brooklyn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked JAY BROOKLYN answered a FACE THE MUSIC post. WOW. OK that's great.

Let's see if he gets the chance to respond to the other 2 bands that we posted TODAY as well...or if this is just a 1 time exception.....

I like your entry Jay Brooklyn.

KM!

thank you for the compliment..specially coming from you... Laughing Laughing Laughing
map travay sou lot mizik yo... Wink

Evie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

5 BUZZWORTHY: Keep an eye on this group/artist.
4 GOOD: You got my attention, even though the song is not perfect
3 FAIR: Average piece of work
2 POOR: Needs a LOT OF WORK
1 UNACCEPTABLE: Should Not have gotten in the studio to waste our time

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL- (3) I really do not see this song as being a hit...it's just not one of those songs (to me at least) Exclamation

B) MUSICIANSHIP - (3) The part I liked was the guitar sound after the singer says "Tiwil poze d'jazz la"!!!! The spanish talk that comes after that needs TO GO though!!!

C) VOCALS - (3) I do not like the singer's voice at all!! He sounds a bit nasal to me Confused !!!

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS - (4) It's fine Exclamation

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: - This is average song in my opinion. Something needs to catch the listener's attention throughout the song such as a great keyboard sound or guitar sound or any instrument for that matter. After this, maybe this song can be of more interest Wink .

yef

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL: 4

B) MUSICIANSHIP: 3.5 it's there. I like the guitars!

C) VOCALS: 3.5 Vocal yo bon. Ti mesye yo gen vokal.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS: 3 come on guys....You not only have a strong resemblance to Carimi's old style...The topic is not very original.

Summary:
I like the song. I will add to my playlist! I'm wiating for the album!!!
Two things however:
1) why are you guys releasing a poster for "Jwet Pann" and releasing a different song?

2) I still remember the first song I heard from you guys: "Ou fem High". It had substance and I think you guys should go back that route. come up with some orignal lyrics.

1Lov'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL- 4- I'm not sure about this item, I'm a bit too Old School to judge the Hit Factors in today's HMI (NYC). However if Boogie puts all his Money into Marketing this Band A-La Harmonik- TEMPO will have plenty of Hits according to Today Standards.

B) MUSICIANSHIP- 5- the execution is just Super, these Cats know their Stuff, I'm actually listening to the Guitar line as I'm typing. Good Stuff.

C) VOCALS- 4- Did not meet my High Expectations from a very Good singer like Berto. I would touch up on the Lead vocals before the Final cut.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS-4- very Funny and Real these Days. A lot of LADYBOYS are cruising the Clubs these days.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: Overall this song is Rated-4-, very good job guys, just try not to lose the Original TEMPO FLAVOR which your true Identity. Be , Be Very Careful with the Synth Solos and the sound Selections. A bit too A La Carimi, Stay away from that Trend. You can do Better and you know it.
Wish my Cats all the best, Keep working and hurry up with the release of the Album.

Peace

" KM" 1Lov's Hometown Newspaper..

belfam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) Hit factor 4
If promoted well it will make some noise
it has a son lari
B) Musicianship 3
well mixed and god guitar licks but overall lack originality
C) Vocals 3
A bit disapointed about the vocals too nasal
D) Subject matter\lyrics 1
I could not follow at all the music overshadow
the lyrics big time and I hate that.
Overall not a bad song to HMI standard i give it a 3.5
you guys need to work on originality and lyrics

DJ Kreyol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL - 3 - There is nothing memorable about the song. I was waiting for something. A groove, a hook anything. A song like this is not gonna make people gravitate towards the dance floor. At best it may have me move my feet while I am sitting on a chair tired at the club.

B) MUSICIANSHIP - 3 - The guitar seemed out of tune. The entire needs to be MIXED along with the vocals. 10% of Carimi and the rest is Tempo. It's very watered down.

C) VOCALS - 2.5 - I have heard Berto sing better. The vocals at one point were quite annoying. Very nasal and not mixed.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS - 4 - I think the idea is actually great. But it seems like they just stopped and didnt develop the song further into something magical.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: This song needs a lot of work. It has a good foundation but needs works.

kompared

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 4-The sound is young but the beat is not catchy or original enough to score a hit. If pushed the song can get some airplay.

B) MUSICIANSHIP :3-They did not mess up but it is not enough. They should have had the colloboration of other experience cats before putting the finished products out. With time they will get better.

C) VOCALS :3-He did a ok job although uptempo song seems to be not his forte. He needs to work on that if he wants to be the front man of a n HMI group.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS:2-I got lost throughout the whole song. They did a terrible job in that department. I cannot remember a word.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: I do not like to judge a band based on one song but if they keep the CARIMI sound, they can FORGET ABOUT IT. NEW YORKERS are very tough and sophisticated consumers. They will not embrace another NY band with the same sound. In the ZIN days, a lot of NY bands that copied the ZIN sound with singers with ALAN style of vocal FAILED miserably.

This is a nice song. This group has potential if SEPARATED itself from the CARIMI souund and with the use of the right marketing strategies.

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 3-The song is ok... but nothing special about it... If pushed the song can get some airplay...

B) MUSICIANSHIP :3-They have the Harmonik/Carimi style down pat...

C) VOCALS :3-He did a so so job on this one... He can do a better job than that...

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS: 3- that's a high mark from me... cause I'm not that big into lyrics...

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: this band is after the Harmonik/Carimi style... which can be a good thing for them... if marketed the right way they could find success in the HMI....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: