KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

FACTORY MIZIK "YOU": "FACE THE MUSIC"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANK YOU so far to those of you that took the time to express your thoughts on the song. Those of you who promised a few weeks ago to participate in these CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM posts, I guess I am still waiting for you guys/ladies on this one.

KM!

yef

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: FACTORY MIZIK "YOU": "FACE THE MUSIC" Reply with quote Back to top

5 BUZZWORTHY: Keep an eye on this group/artist.
4 GOOD: You got my attention, even though the song is not perfect
3 FAIR: Average piece of work
2 POOR: Needs a LOT OF WORK
1 UNACCEPTABLE: Should Not have gotten in the studio to waste our time

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 3.5
I love the "Si tu t'en vas" part....as well as the "se pou vou" part. Very catchy. If they had better solos, hmm I would rate it higher.

B) MUSICIANSHIP 3
I think it's great! hmm the guitar is interfering with the vocals too much in the beginning though. Don't like the keyboard solos much.... To me a solo is like another way to communicate the meaning of the song...I couldn't tie in the solos with the lyrics. Not because it's different, but because the solos lack structure.

C) VOCALS 4.5
Great vocals, I think the lead is a little low in the mix. But it's good enough for me to see past that. Kinda reminds me of Patrick St. Eloi.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS 3
It's ok. For this type of songs, Too much lyrics can be a bad thing.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT:
Guys not bad all!! I'm looking forward to hearing more from this band!!! Check your keyboard solos please. They are not structured. If you analyze the keys, you see that:

at 3.05 solopart 1
3.16 solo part 2
3.28 solo part 3
3.40 solo part 4
3.50 solo part 5

That's too many solo parts for a solo that last less than 45 seconds. You can either get rid of 2, 4, 5. Stick with 1 and 3 and repeat them 4 times each.

Or repeat each of the 5 parts 4 times. The song will be longer, but that's a better structure. This way you give the public a chance to digest each part.

In conclusion, I would listen to this song again. You've got my attention. I would frown when the solo parts come in, but I'll listen. Great job!

HIPchick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hit Factor: 3.5- Pou sam wè yo konn jwe nan radyo, chante sa a gen chans pou l rive jwenn oditè yo paske li pran devan anpil nan djaz kap parèt yo. All that's missing is better lyrics and marketing

Musicianship: 4- Really nice beginning and consistant throughout. I can see people dancing coupled up to this tuneat a house or dj party.

Vocals: 4- He does not have a GREAT voice, but it's a good one and already surpasses a lot of sour notes in the HMI. He sings in the right tone of voice at the right moments in the song and has potential.

Subject Matter/Lyrics: 2- Not saying much. Not only is it similar to other love songs, but the chorus is not good enough to make it stand out from the rest or make you want to sing along.

Conclusion: Good, has potential.They should get together with songwriters and a great marketing and PR team to get it together.

LouisJeanBeauge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: FACTORY MIZIK "YOU": "FACE THE MUSIC" Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 3
Had this song been released in the 90s, it definitely could have been a hit. It has the feel of the mid to late 90s. You guys need to catch up on your sound. It sounds like something T-Vice would have released in the 90s.

B) MUSICIANSHIP 4
The drums sequencing could have been better...Specially in the intro. Too much is going on in the intro. The guitar and keyboard fillers are actually pretty good, but they are too present in the song. I actually like the keyboard solo because it's not too complicated. On a mellow song like this, you need something that somebody is not going to have to stop dancing in order to listen to the solo. The solo is there, but it's not really there. I like it. Bel ti groove after the "Si tu t'en vas" part.

C) VOCALS 3
I've heard better, but then again, I've heard way worse. Nothing to go "wow" about, but the potential is there.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS 2
I think of Ralph Conde's song on NuLook's album when I hear this song. I don't remember the title of it but I'm sure you know which one...I hate that song. The lyrics are pretty corny...Please work on better lyrics for future releases. There is nothing for anybody to remember from these lyrics.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: This song is not a homerun.

Factory mizik la ou ti jan du wi ti mesye sa'n panse?

ILandfaces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL (3) not a bad song but not commecial enough

B) MUSICIANSHIP (4) the keyboard is nice

C) VOCALS (3) the singer is ok

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS (3)

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: its not a bad song but these guys need to work harder in other to make an impact in the hmi since its not an easy road, by the way the name of the band suck big time.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
XXplosive

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: FACTORY MIZIK "YOU": "FACE THE MUSIC" Reply with quote Back to top

FACTORY MIZIK: "YOU"

RANKINGS GRADE CHART

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL: 5
We should definitely watch out for these guys. With a good marketing they are on to something here. The song is very nice, very catchy, easy to learn and to remember. Something you want to put on your daily playlist.

B) MUSICIANSHIP: 4
The instrumentation in this one are not bad at all. I like the little suspense in the keyboard before the solo. The guitar is very very nice, nice solo and the guitar underneath toward the end his very beautiful. I love the sequence too. Good stuff!!!!

C) VOCALS: 4 Very nice vocals. He's not trying to hard to hit high notes, he stays on his range. He has a very nice voice for this type of songs.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS: 3 It's not your original love song. The subject matter has been developped before about a girl turning a guy on when she's turned on and if she leaves his live will be over. As for the lyrics, it's appropriate to the sound.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT:

Very nice song. People will dig this song and they guys should step up real quick to capitalize on this one. Nice vocals, nice songs, nice guitar and keyboard all over. They did a very very good job.
Factory MIZIK, good job and act fast!!!!!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: