KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

SEPTEN/TROPICANA: DID U KNOW THEY PLAYED TOGETHER BEFORE?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI FACTS: DID YOU KNOW?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: SEPTEN/TROPICANA: DID U KNOW THEY PLAYED TOGETHER BEFORE? Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of people INCLUDING ME was/are under the impression that legendary rival CAP-HAITIEN groups SEPTENTRIONAL & TROPICANA have NEVER EVER shared the same stage before due to their unspoken rivalry.

GUESS WHAT? It looks like they did play together (TECHNICALLY) ONE TIME before.

Read our "DID YOU KNOW" entry on this issue per HERVE BASTIEN in both ENGLISH and FRENCH.

*ENGLISH (HERVE BASTIEN)

Did you know?

Septentrional and Tropicana, Haiti's two oldest big band orchestras, performed together for the first and last time in the parish hall of Cap-Haitien on december 1968. It was basically a fund raising for the victims of a terrible flood, which took place on november 22nd 1968 in Cap-Haitien. Mr. Raymond Piquion, the organizator, worked extremely hard in order to realize such an excellent and forgettable event.

The admission tickets were sold at 2 gourdes (Haitian money). The fund was given to Mr. Emile Auguste who hold a political position "Le prefet" at that time. That money were used to support the victims. It was an excellent initiative.

For memory and history

Herve Bastien

*FRENCH (HERVE BASTIEN)

Le saviez-vous?

Les deux groupes musicaux les plus anciens dans l'industrie musicale Haitienne en l'occurrence "Septentrional et Tropicana" partageait le meme podium dans la salle paroissiale du Cap-Haitien en decembre 1968. L'orchestre tropicana a ete performe en premiere partie. Cette festivite a ete organisee par Mr. Raymond Piquion pour subvenir aux besoins des personnes victimes de l'inondation du 22 novembre 1968.

L'admission etait fixee a 2 gourdes et on a remis la recette a Mr. Emile Auguste, le prefet de la ville du Cap-Haitien a cette epoque, pour les suites necessaires.

Pour la memoire et pour l'histoire

Herve Bastien

Last edited by kompamagazine on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Haitien

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, I never knew that and I don't think my dad, whose an avid tropicana fan, knows that. I'm glad they were able to come together for such a reason. Thanks Pat and Mr. Bastien.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dine11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jan papa m te rinmin deux djazz sa yo koman li fè pat konnin bagay sa. Moun okap toujou jou 2 djazz sa yo jwe ansamb ak gin malè ki rivé min pat gin okinn malè ki rivé jou sa a c'était pour un bonne cause. C'est bon à savoir.

Mèsi Pat pou ti info sa a se km sèlman ki ka fè l

FUNKY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mwen pat janm konn sa....wow...thx Pat for the 411

well li tap bel si yo ta rejwé ansanm now... Wink

kafou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I knew about that before.
pou fund raising and that was the main and only reason.

Septentrional se preferans class Bourgeoise Cap Haitien, tankou famille ki mete ti moun yo lekol prive, MEre et frere, epi ki ginyin aliance avek FICA Football Club.

TROPICANA se preferans massssssssss la nan CAP HAITIEN, et ki ginyin lye avek AC-Football Club. bagay sa mwen konnin li tres bien.

A LA MANIERE DE MIZIK LAKAY
" OU DI OU CHAJE KLAS, ENBIN POUKISA OU PA ALLER FE LEKOL AVEK YO"

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PAT YOU REFERING TO 1965 EVEN MY MOM WASN'T BORN YET. WHEN YOU SAY THEY'VE PLAYED BEFORE I'M THINKING LIKE A YEAR AGO. I WAS JUST GETTING READY TO KILL MYSELF WITHOUT EVEN READING THE POST. SE YON BALL GENLè MENM PITIT MWEN WILL NOT GET TO SEE IT. BUT I DID NOT KNOW THEY'VE PLAYED TOGETHER BEFORE THX FOR THE 411.

SI BALL SA FET YON Lè, MWEN TE MET ANBA TE M'AP LEVE VINN LADAN L....

BTW WHAT ABOUT TROPICAN VS NU LOOK.?

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: SEPTEN/TROPICANA: DID U KNOW THEY PLAYED TOGETHER BEFORE Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
A lot of people INCLUDING ME was/are under the impression that legendary rival CAP-HAITIEN groups SEPTENTRIONAL & TROPICANA have NEVER EVER shared the same stage before due to their unspoken rivalry.

Read our "DID YOU KNOW" entry on this issue per HERVE BASTIEN in both ENGLISH and FRENCH.

*ENGLISH (HERVE BASTIEN)

Did you know?

Septentrional and Tropicana, Haiti's two oldest big band orchestras, performed together for the first and last time in the parish hall of Cap-Haitien on december 1965. It was basically a fund raising for the victims of a terrible flood, which took place on november 22nd 1965 in Cap-Haitien. Mr. Raymond Piquion, the organizator, worked extremely hard in order to realize such an excellent and forgettable event.

The admission tickets were sold at 2 gourdes (Haitian money). The fund was given to Mr. Emile Auguste who hold a political position "Le prefet" at that time. That money were used to support the victims. It was an excellent initiative.

For memory and history

Herve Bastien

*FRENCH (HERVE BASTIEN)

Le saviez-vous?

Les deux groupes musicaux les plus anciens dans l'industrie musicale Haitienne en l'occurrence "Septentrional et Tropicana" partageait le meme podium dans la salle paroissiale du Cap-Haitien en decembre 1965. L'orchestre tropicana a ete performe en premiere partie. Cette festivite a ete organisee par Mr. Raymond Piquion pour subvenir aux besoins des personnes victimes de l'inondation du 22 novembre 1965.

L'admission etait fixee a 2 gourdes et on a remis la recette a Mr. Emile Auguste, le prefet de la ville du Cap-Haitien a cette epoque, pour les suites necessaires.

Herve Bastien

Laughing Laughing Laughing NOW IF THEY DECIDE TO PLAY TOGETHER IT'S GONNA BE AT LEAST 100 PLUS US DOLLAR

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

dine11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: SEPTEN/TROPICANA: DID U KNOW THEY PLAYED TOGETHER BEFORE Reply with quote Back to top

DJ KOMPA wrote:
kompamagazine wrote:

*ENGLISH (HERVE BASTIEN)

Did you know?

Septentrional and Tropicana, Haiti's two oldest big band orchestras, performed together for the first and last time in the parish hall of Cap-Haitien on december 1965. It was basically a fund raising for the victims of a terrible flood, which took place on november 22nd 1965 in Cap-Haitien. Mr. Raymond Piquion, the organizator, worked extremely hard in order to realize such an excellent and forgettable event.

For memory and history

Herve Bastien

*FRENCH (HERVE BASTIEN)

Le saviez-vous?

Les deux groupes musicaux les plus anciens dans l'industrie musicale Haitienne en l'occurrence "Septentrional et Tropicana" partageait le meme podium dans la salle paroissiale du Cap-Haitien en decembre 1965. L'orchestre tropicana a ete performe en premiere partie. Cette festivite a ete organisee par Mr. Raymond Piquion pour subvenir aux besoins des personnes victimes de l'inondation du 22 novembre 1965.

Herve Bastien

Laughing Laughing Laughing NOW IF THEY DECIDE TO PLAY TOGETHER IT'S GONNA BE AT LEAST 100 PLUS US DOLLAR

Sa pap janm rivé ankò ou pa tandé malè gin pou rivé moun ap mouri si bal sa a fèt. Bal sa a tap kouté nimpòt 150 $ US monchè se ta p yon mine d'or wi pa ta p gin koté pou mété moun.

dine11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kafou wrote:
I knew about that before.
pou fund raising and that was the main and only reason.

Septentrional se preferans class Bourgeoise Cap Haitien, tankou famille ki mete ti moun yo lekol prive, MEre et frere, epi ki ginyin aliance avek FICA Football Club.

TROPICANA se preferans massssssssss la nan CAP HAITIEN, et ki ginyin lye avek AC-Football Club. bagay sa mwen konnin li tres bien.

Kafou Septen se yon lot nivo koman ou ta vle pou yo pat rinmin djazz sa a manman di m septen te kon voyé kat lakay moun pou invité ou nan bal li wi se sou invitation wi. Mwen gin zanmi m ki moun okap fanmi l divisé en 2 yon group rinmin septen lot group lan tropik e se gro discussion tou tan pou 2 jazz sa yo.

Rj production

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that`s nice to know but it`s time this thing over cause if i got it right it`s more about mas pep and bourjois they need to see the business sense of it this bal will bring money they can`t count

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> HMI FACTS: DID YOU KNOW? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: