KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

HARMONIK: OFFICIAL SONG BY SONG KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice review Pat.

It's funny that you like the that guitar groove in True Love.

It is precisely at that point that I start not to feel the song. It gbecomes quite repetitive, like deception.

Some follow up review comments from me.

1. Make no mistake about it, ho parleur is my favortie track on this album... but ki sa pou'm fe is a close second. I know in my review I said I was my least favorite, but I also said that myleast favorites have a way of becoming my favorites later on. This one didn't take too long.

I t hink this song shows nickenson at his best in terms or keyboard grooves. Li tres dansante. Mwen po ko janm gen on keyboard groove ki mache nan sang'm konsa. It's usually the guitars that make me danse. It's probably because there is astrong second guitar anba keyboard lan that's really doing some work. who knows! But just when I think the song can't get better, sanders lague on guitar anraje. I love the way the guitar enters the song... very unexpected but very aggressively. I can feel the guitar saying " Get ou of my wayb because I'm here! s'ak pa kontan anbake."

Still not feeling the lyrics, but musically this song is great. And it probably has the best vocals. Dener vraiement depoze nan vocal lan.

2. Pat, I agree with you nan chante sa pa bon an. Nikki sounds like he is really hurting. I'm not feeling the voice. But I like the feeling in his voice. Anpil emotions.

3. I think I like obsede just the way it is Pat. The konpa comes as a surprise in the song. Like you said, I thought they were going to keep the song in the same format epi boomkonpa tonbe. I don't think they meant to have it as an alternative track. The konpa part makes it easier to play live. The melody is so nice they knew it was going to be a crowd favorite.

monty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: HARMONIK: OFFICIAL SONG BY SONG KOMPA MAGAZINE CD REVIEW Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:

Cool OBSEDE: MAC D's vocals are well showcased here in this adaption of a POP song that I can't quite remember. ACOUSTIC INTRO IS B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. They should have kept the whole song like that, instead of branching into the Compas beat. Don't get me wrong, the song is still good with the Compas beat, but had they kept it acoustic all the way, it would have been different, instead of just another Compas/pop adaption.

KM!

It's Nickelback ( A Canadian rock group) song name Here without you baby.

kompared

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
13) PLEASE LOVE ME: This POP, yes I said POP song surprised the sh*t out of me from the music to the vocals. It showcases how talented Nickenson and Mac. D are when they can branch into another musical arena and not embarrass themselves. They actually did good in my estimation. You just simply never know which MAJOR RADIO station around the world might start playing this track, and from there it can become a favorite in another market....then if NICKENSON and MAC are members of SACEM....you never know. Like the LOTTO says, YOU GOTTA BE IN IT TO WIN IT...and they are clearly TESTING the waters of other markets with this track.

Quote:
12) MY WOMAN: Track composed to attract another market. TECHNO COMPAS flavored song sung in English that hopefully should get airplay at clubs in Paris, English speaking African countries, and perhaps the Antilles.

HARMONIK should spend their energy trying to CROSSOVER instead of competing with other HMI bands. The CROSSOVER ingredients are there.

Last edited by kompared on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

HIPchick

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the review Pat. Ther remade a NICKELBACK song Shocked ? I love Nickelback, but they're a rock band Pat, not pop. One of my favorites is Figured You Out. Anyway, the Harmonick debut album seems interesting based on the reviews and I love the song Sanders sings (I think it's Di m kisa pou m fè? not sure). I Embarassed everythime I hear it on the radio so I'm going to have to buy the album soon.

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SIWO

In TRUE LOVE...THE KEYBOARD GROOVE is what HAS ME ADDICTED TO THE SONG. The rock guitar is cool...but THAT DANM KEYBOARD GROOVE just before they go into that "SHA LA LA LA LA" part is SICK!

In regards to "OBSEDE"....Everybody and their mamas EXPECTED the COMPAS BEAT to drop. It would have been REFRESHING had they KEPT IT ACOUSTIC ALL THE WAY, and saved the COMPAS for the LIVE ADAPTION.

KM!

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
In regards to "OBSEDE"....Everybody and their mamas EXPECTED the COMPAS BEAT to drop. It would have been REFRESHING had they KEPT IT ACOUSTIC ALL THE WAY, and saved the COMPAS for the LIVE ADAPTION.

KM!

i SEE WHAT YOU MEAN.

I guess I was the only one who did not expect the konpa.

Anyway works for me paske mwen pa al nan bal anko.

yef

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! Pat thanks for the review wi.
Nan moman la a, Ho Parleur and sa pa bon are on repeat in my car!

Clifton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the review Pat Cool Cool Cool
Harmonick does it right Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I am down with them Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Van an vire Gro would you mind to give me Harmonick Zip code that i change my adress Laughing Laughing

Sa pa bon Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Laughing Laughing Laughing

True love has a Rock N Roll guitar in it i like that a lot Laughing Very Happy Very Happy

freshprince of kompa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx for the review ...nice breakdown

et-VII-era

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

here without you is by the rock group 3 DOORS DOWN not nickelback. great adaption by the way, mac d did a great job on lyrics & vocal delivery on this song.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM CD REVIEWS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: