KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

*GYPSIES N.Y REUNION: TABOU & TI CLAUDE MARCELIN (PICS)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> PARTY PICTURES/PHOTO GALLERY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: *GYPSIES N.Y REUNION: TABOU & TI CLAUDE MARCELIN (PICS) Reply with quote Back to top

Being the GYPSIES "fanatic malade" that I am, I went to see them AGAIN on Saturday Night along with TABOU at MANGOVILLE. Those of you that only went to see them at SOBS missed a heck of a party. Here are some of the highlights

*THE BIGGEST OVATION and tear jerker moment OF THE NIGHT was when ROBERT MARTINO left the stage to go get his friend and Gypsies alumni TI CLAUDE MARCELIN at his table to walk with him on stage so that he could play with the group.

ANMWEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Their former drummer EDNER COULOTTE also showed up surprising the other members of the group who had not seen him in years.

*LESLY DAUPHIN of D.P fame also was there and there were reunions galore with musicians who had not seen each other in years.

BACK TO THE PARTY.....

GYPSIES played some songs that they did not play on Friday at SOBS, one of them being "PLEZI D'ANTAN"...ANMWEY!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ON FIRE the band was, and the thing that I liked about that, ALL THE SONGS had the dance floor with several couples enjoying themselves. I would even go as far as saying that they had couples who danced every single song in their set.

Robert, Tico, Sinsin, Max, William, Nixon, Vanel tore the place up and I enjoyed myself a whole lot.

TABOU...RESPECT...RESPECT...RESPECT...RESPECT!

SIMPLY the best Haitian band LIVE in terms of show, and THEY PLAY EXTREMELY TIGHT after all these years.

I spent most of the night observing JEAN CLAUDE JEAN because I was stationed right next to his monitors/speakers, the things that this guy does with his RHYTHM GUITARS is AMAZING. ANMWEY..............
JEAN CLAUDE JEAN FOR LIFE!

SHOUBOU was his usual self, and he was having a GREAT TIME last night on the microphone.

DENER CEIDE KILLED IT last night. It is the first time that I have seen him live, and he will bring a lot to TABOU. He just ELECTRIFIED THE CROWD with a couple of solos, and also did his thing on the vocals on "BEBE PARAMOUNT" when Shoubou let him take over at the beginning of the track.

All in all....GREAT MUSICAL ATMOSPHERE for the party.

PS: MY BATTERY WENT DOWN just about when TABOU was starting to play.

Here are some pics below

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot to add that YANVALOO and NENEVICE were there once again.

It was good seeing you guys again. WE CERTAINLY HAD A GOOD TIME.

KM!

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BOTH BANDS had to catch early flights this morning. TABOU is playing somewhere in the Antilles. GYPSIES is scheduled to go on a tour of the ANTILLES NEXT WEEKEND (A 10 DAY tour) according to Pierrot.

RESPECT TO BOTH OF YOU!

KM!

yanvaloo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good Time se Rans.

I enjoy every min and every Note ....Bon Bagay avec Ampil kompa.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gromosso

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mezanmi sa Impressario a santi! Very Happy

Now that's what you call a Kodak moment

konpa rockers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanx for sharing... KM... Cool
nice review... Cool
I had a prior engagement...
that's why I missed this one...

LadyKreyol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great pics Pat, thanks for sharing. It looks like a good time was had by all.

Side Note: Did Claude Marcelin find the Fountain of Youth, the man looks GREAT!

diasporadyol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tx for the pics and review pat
I know I missed a big one

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PlusHfully Yours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Niiiiiice!! Wish I was there.. Sounds like a good and memorable time!..
Thanks for the review and pics! Hopefully they'll make a stop in Boston in the near future so I can witness them for myself..

belfam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mezanmi gade on piyay kompa mwen rate
sa pap rive-m an anko Mad thanks for thye pics

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> PARTY PICTURES/PHOTO GALLERY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: