KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

BJAY FEATURING BLACK ALEX/BLACK FANFAN: FACE THE MUSIC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DonGabbana wrote:
M'te just anvi korije tèt mwen.... M'bay muzik sa 90%

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL = 4

B) MUSICIANSHIP = 4

C) VOCALS = 4

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS = 3.5

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: TRÈ ANTRENAN Wink M'POKO KA SUSPANN KOUTE'L

AND WHAT MADE YOU CHANGE UR MIND

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
konpa rockers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ KOMPA wrote:
5 BUZZWORTHY: Keep an eye on this group/artist.
4 GOOD: You got my attention, even though the song is not perfect
3 FAIR: Average piece of work
2 POOR: Needs a LOT OF WORK
1 UNACCEPTABLE: Should Not have gotten in the studio to waste our time

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 3

B) MUSICIANSHIP 3

C) VOCALS 3

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS 2

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT:
THE SONG IS NOT BAD I WOULD PLAY IN THE CLUB DURING MY REGGAE OR REGGATON SECTION BUT OTHERWISE I WILL NOT LISTEN TO IT ON MY FREE TIME.

how can you play something that you won't listen to... Confused Confused
I'm lost here.... Confused

DJ KOMPA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

konpa rockers wrote:
DJ KOMPA wrote:

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL 3

B) MUSICIANSHIP 3

C) VOCALS 3

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS 2

THE SONG IS NOT BAD I WOULD PLAY IN THE CLUB DURING MY REGGAE OR REGGATON SECTION BUT OTHERWISE I WILL NOT LISTEN TO IT ON MY FREE TIME.

how can you play something that you won't listen to... Confused Confused
I'm lost here.... Confused

I WOULD PLAY IT FOR THE PUBLIC I ONLY LISTEN TO KOMPA NOTHING ELSE BUT KOMPA.

GAZZMAN COULEUR:I want to be clear about one thing “I AM Nu Look”

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HIPchick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL - 2... If they re-work the beat with different lyrics and vocals, the reaggae and dance HMI lovers might give it a listen.

B) MUSICIANSHIP - 3 Nice beat that will attract the younger crowd, however it's a bit too monotone.

C) VOCALS - 1 The lead singer sounds like a fan singing along to a radio: acceptable for the average joe on the street but unacceptable from a professional vocalist Shocked Black Alex mumbled through most of his lyrics and the fire and dynamic energy that we used to feel coming from his voice is gone. He needs to take some time and re-work, re-group.

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS -2 Not the worst, but nothing new. Guy likes girl, guy suggests girl should just go with the flow, etc. Black Fanfan's part is actually the part with comprehensive lyrics. Black Alex' made almost no sense and the singer was too repetitive.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: Re-work the beat to add some originality to it and maybe a little Compas flavor to mix the reaggaeton and Compas for a specific HMI niche and re-record the vocals with better lyrics. In other words, I suggest that they need to improve before taking this song or any version of it to the studio for a recording session.

DonGabbana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DJ KOMPA wrote:
DonGabbana wrote:
M'te just anvi korije tèt mwen.... M'bay muzik sa 90%

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL = 4

B) MUSICIANSHIP = 4

C) VOCALS = 4

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS = 3.5

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: TRÈ ANTRENAN Wink M'POKO KA SUSPANN KOUTE'L

AND WHAT MADE YOU CHANGE UR MIND

PASKE 'M POKO JAN'M SUSPANN TANDE'L LA... O KONTRÈ SI,W MANDE'M KOUNYÈ AN M'KA DI'W 91% Razz
p.s. It's not a konpa song btw

SIROMYEL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: BJAY FEATURING BLACK ALEX/BLACK FANFAN: FACE THE MUSIC! Reply with quote Back to top

kompamagazine wrote:
Here is the debut of our "FACE THE MUSIC". This is what we need from the panel/members.

YOU will grade the song/artist in FOUR categories on a scale of 1 TO 5. In each one of the categories you tell us why you gave them the grade that you did (Could be brief or not)

Look at our RANKINGS GRADE CHART to see what each one of the scores mean.

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL

B) MUSICIANSHIP

C) VOCALS

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS

*ARTIST: B-JAY
*SONG: "I CAN TELL" (Features BLACK ALEX and BLACK FANFAN)

*CLICK ON THE LINK TO LISTEN TO THE SONG
http://www.kreyoltv.com/mp3/icantell.mp3

KM!

Hit factor: 2. This song has some parts that work. But if it becomes a hit that will show you how much we as consumers don't really ask for much.

Musicianship: 2. Not much musicality or originality. The production is the only thing that makes it sound decent.

Vocals: 1 The singer is horrible. horrible. I'm not sure what he's trying to do. He sounds lke he's trying too hard.

Subject matter: 1. nothing special. you rusual reggaeton subjects.

overall: The song is ok. I was really feeling the intro until black alex said this "HAITI" thing. What the heck was that. I do like when he comes back in right after the "I WANNA KNOW PART." That part is really groovy.

He messes it up again whe he goes "pendant'm sou rout la m'ap desann mwe we on bel tifi..." from then on it's down hill. There are more bad parts than good parts.

Faby75

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL -2 I can't imagine this song could be a hit just re-do the beat with different lyrics and vocal.

B) MUSICIANSHIP - 3 the beat is ok wih no imagination and no creativity at all. However it's a bit too monotone.

C) VOCALS - 2 simply awful, the voice is shaky

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS -2 It's a dance track not the worst, but nothing new.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: It's an average track. It will get some plays at club but they will to redo the beat to add some more originality to it.

NEGKREYOL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

COMMERCIAL/HIT FACTOR: 1 what is this suppose to be?

MUSICIANSHIP: 1 the beat is below average

VOCALS: 1 this guy needs to take singing lesson

SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS: 1 the lyric is poor

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: what was BLACK ALEX singing? if this is suppose to be RAGATON? please stick to RAGA.

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: BJAY FEATURING BLACK ALEX/BLACK FANFAN: FACE THE MUSIC! Reply with quote Back to top

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL : 2 The dj's may skip the beginning and do a remix of THE Black's part. It's not a HIT.

B) MUSICIANSHIP : 2 La jeunesse might like it, with Black Alex and the reggeaton flavor.

C) VOCALS : 1 The singer just destroy the beginning of the song. ( Black Alex did what we just expected from him and Black Fanfan delivered.)

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS : 2 Deja vu, the rap parts are ok but keep it kreyol/french or english.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: It's not far from average, pran roulib pa a la mode anko Idea The singer needs to work on his voice and choose carefully what type of music he should be singing. Maybe something à la Jodeci Idea

HIPchick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: BJAY FEATURING BLACK ALEX/BLACK FANFAN: FACE THE MUSIC! Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet kowompu wrote:

A) HIT FACTOR/COMMERCIAL : 2 The dj's may skip the beginning and do a remix of THE Black's part. It's not a HIT.

B) MUSICIANSHIP : 2 La jeunesse might like it, with Black Alex and the reggeaton flavor.

C) VOCALS : 1 The singer just destroy the beginning of the song. ( Black Alex did what we just expected from him and Black Fanfan delivered.)

D) SUBJECT MATTER/LYRICS : 2 Deja vu, the rap parts are ok but keep it kreyol/french or english.

SUMMARY/CLOSING ARGUMENT: It's not far from average, pran roulib pa a la mode anko Idea The singer needs to work on his voice and choose carefully what type of music he should be singing. Maybe something à la Jodeci Idea

Shocked SK, you really made my eyes pop out with that one: JODECI! Please do not give them any ideas. Jodeci is a classic R&B group with amazing vocals, charisma and nice lyrics. Pa bay yo ide al pran chante moun yo pou yal eseye refè please, lol. Plus as shaky as the singer's voice is it would be hard for him to really hold an R&B note Confused .

I really think that this group needs to spend more time practicing beofe coming out with something else so that next time they get a better reaction and have a better chance at making it Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: