KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

TRAFFIC: LISTEN TO 2 SONGS FROM HAITI BASED UPCOMING GROUP!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: TRAFFIC: LISTEN TO 2 SONGS FROM HAITI BASED UPCOMING GROUP! Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a group out of Haiti by the name of TRAFFIC. Listen to 2 songs "GAME", and "IT'S ALRIGHT".

Won't you please tell us how you feel about the tunes GOOD OR BAD?

*GAME
http://www.kreyoltv.com/mp3/game.mp3

*IT'S ALL RIGHT
http://www.kreyoltv.com/mp3/Itsalright.mp3

KM!

Angel_Smile1982

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow no one reply to this post Laughing Well I’ll try my best to give constructive criticism.

“Game”: started off dead. And the singer sings a bit dead as well. At the 1:30 mark the song picked up some speed for about 30 seconds. Than the imitation of Michael Jackson was a NoNo. The guy could sing but wrong move for a new group that needs to find their identity. At the 4:06 mark the groove pick up again. Nice, it almost sounds like konpa kreyol. The 5:02 mark that pause was nice. But in general I think the keyboard player did an okay job. I think they could do better.

“It’s alright”: The singer voice sounds better. But I don’t think I could get into that song. It’s not alright being too slow and lacking grooves.

lola1804

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not bad, I am really like the flow of "It's alright"
Hope to hear more information about the group

kompamagazine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a little STORY/BACKGROUND on TRAFFIC from one of their members GARY.

GARY: "My idea after separating myself from a group in Boston by the name of jahmala was to stop doing music period. However, traveling in the U.S and Haiti it's amazing the amount of people who asked me everywhere what happened to Jahmala, when are you releasing another album?

Since the guys from King Posse approached me so many times and I loved the band so I decided to hook up with them and produce an album. Produce an album with a different sounds and vibe something we can sell in the international market. Unfortunately, Sammy B. had to go back to Haiti. After meeting the King Posse crew in Haiti I realized my place was not with them, I can accomplish much more on my own….. So while I was in the studio working in the album my boy was asking for the name of the band, asking me "why don't you call the band Radio, since you are the best selecta in Boston right now". I told him know, I preferred to call the band "Traffic".

What's the meaning? Stated my boy, traffic could be good and bad it depends on how you look at it, the situation, the day and the time, and my music is for the good, the bad and the ugly. The album has conscious music, gangsta tunes, club tunes and ladies tunes, a blend of Kompa and Dance Hall for young people, old people, music for all ages.

Traffic is Gary Jahmala featuring some King Posse members and x-members and my family the KP Alliance Janjan x-keyboardist of Belo, Rodal of Show off, Jean Bernard Thomas, Dorlie Blaise just to name a few. The band is based in Haiti even though I live in Boston. Archile production most likely will be the album producer, the album is scheduled to release in November "Music en folie"…..the band by the way is a full band.

Guest Artist: Jamesy P (04 MTV music award winner for best soca tune)
MR Lexus
Amani
Alyson Hinds

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> KM UNDERGROUND All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: