KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index KOMPA! MAGAZINE
The site for Haitian Music News as it happens, debates & more.

Face transplant?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
islandprincesse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Face transplant? Reply with quote Back to top

Recently surgeons performed the world's first partial face transplant and as expected the issue has brought on an ethical debate on what should be allowed or not.....
Victims of severe burning, facial disfigurations caused by accidents are some of the reasons cited for a patient warranting such a procedure and I couldn't agree more because the new process (face) would give a new life to all the victims. But who decides on which candidate is "worthy" of a new face?

There are also tons of "cons" which include toxic side effects such as kidney failure, significantly elevated rates of infection, cancer....all for a transplant not needed for survival.

Must we add what some see as "its intrusion on identity and bodily integrity" after all the recipient of a face transplant takes on a dead person's "face".....
What are your views on the issue? Are you pro or con face transplants? Would you consider donating your face as most do other organs in their bodies upon their death? Would you feel queasy seeing the face of a loved one on someone else?

Sweet kowompu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is a very good thing I mean if the medicine can achieve this kind of thing. But it might be hard for the patient. To wake up everyday, to look at themselves in the miror and to see someone's else face. More than frightening !
The candidates to this type of surgery must be strong psychologically speaking.
I don't think I'm ready to give my face to someone...Maybe I'll change my mind but no not now. And I'm not against it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KOMPA! MAGAZINE Forum Index -> Let's Talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: